View Full Version : Blanche Lincoln in serious trouble,trails 4 Republicans in Arkansas Senate Race.
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Election 2010: Arkansas Senate Race
"Another Kamikaze Liberal Democrat !"
Senator Blanche Lambert Lincoln has found herself right in the middle of the national debate over health care, and that’s a tough spot as she prepares to face Arkansas voters in 2010.
As she did in September, Lincoln trails four possible Republican challengers in the latest Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 survey. In fact, support for the incumbent ranges from only 39% to 41% in these match-ups.
The two-term senator, who was reelected with 54% of the vote in 2004, appears more vulnerable because of her visible and pivotal role in the Senate debate over health care. Lincoln was the last Democrat to vote for allowing the debate to formally begin, and she has taken pains to point out that a vote to begin debate is not a vote for the bill.
12-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Blanche Lambert Lincoln on Abortion
* Take objective approach to judicial confirmation process. (Oct 2004)
* Voted NO on restricting UN funding for population control policies. (Mar 2009)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Recommended by EMILY's List of pro-choice women. (Apr 2001)
* Rated 50% by NARAL, indicating a mixed voting record on abortion. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
Blanche Lambert Lincoln on Budget & Economy
* Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
* Voted YES on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (May 2009)
* Voted YES on additional $825 billion for economic recovery package. (Feb 2009)
* Voted YES on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
* Voted NO on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
* Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
* Voted NO on prioritizing national debt reduction below tax cuts. (Apr 2000)
* Balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment. (Jan 2001)
Blanche Lambert Lincoln on Civil Rights
* Oppose amending the federal constitution to ban gay marriage. (Oct 2004)
* Calls on USDA to Improve Civil Rights Record. (Sep 2000)
* Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
* Voted YES on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Shift from group preferences to economic empowerment of all. (Aug 2000)
* Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
* Rated 60% by the ACLU, indicating a mixed civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
* Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
* Rated 86% by the NAACP, indicating a pro-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)
* Recognize Juneteenth as historical end of slavery. (Jun 2008)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.