PDA

View Full Version : Catholics Slam PETA Nude Adopt-a-Mutt Poster

megimoo
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
"Photo of a Nude Angel

The Catholic League has fired a broadside against animal rights outfit PETA after the campaigning organisation decided to ask Playboy model and Dancing With The Stars contestant Joanna Krupa to whip off her kit in defence of homeless mutts:

The image - which clearly demonstrates Krupa sports no fur whatsoever - is a follow-up to a Thanksgiving Be an Angel for Animals poster which featured the model "naked from the waist up holding a dog and a rosary".

Catholic League prez Bill Donohue let rip in a statement on Tuesday in which he accused PETA of "cheap irreligious scams". He claimed that PETA actully kills "95 per cent of the adoptable pets in its care" and that cats and dogs are "a lot safer in pet stores than they are in the hands of PETA employees".

He concluded: "PETA is a fraud. It also has a long and disgraceful record of exploiting Christian and Jewish themes to hawk its ugly services. Those who support this organization sorely need a reality check. They also need a course in Ethics 101."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/03/peta_angel/

noonwitch
12-03-2009, 03:56 PM
When PETA does an ad like that, they are just waiting for the Bill Donohue's of the world to go nuts over it.

I hate PETA, but I also dislike and distrust Donohue.

stsinner
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
PETA is just like the homosexual groups like GLAAD.... They always think they're being so clever and in the right, but their protests and ads are so offensive that they actually do more harm to their cause than good.. All anyone is going to get out of that poster this the cross covering her nipples and playland.. The message is lost in the offensiveness. If anything, PETA's ignorant naked ads and offensive tactics make my meat taste even better, and I look forward to that next chunk of animal muscle, knowing that some idiot somewhere is crying over it.

PoliCon
12-03-2009, 10:50 PM
OH BAY-BAY! :cool: That's an angel I can seriously relate to. :) I wonder where I can get Mrs. Poli a pair of those wings. . . . :D

Rockntractor
12-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Tacky.

MountainMan
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
OH BAY-BAY! :cool: That's an angel I can seriously relate to. :) I wonder where I can get Mrs. Poli a pair of those wings. . . . :D

Every 28 days or so they cen turn into red wings.............. :eek:

PoliCon
12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Tacky.

Of course it is. It's PETA. You've seen their chicken fried Cruelty campaign right?

Rockntractor
12-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Of course it is. It's PETA. You've seen their chicken fried Cruelty campaign right?

They disgust me and you won't find anyone who likes animals as much as I do.

PoliCon
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM

I like animals too. I think the difference between normal animal lovers and PETA nutters is we don't confuse food with people - and PETA does. :rolleyes:

BadCat
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Personally, I am not offended by photographs of attractive naked women.

I am offended by photographs of ugly naked women.

linda22003
12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I saw that picture the other day and assumed it was related to the Victoria's Secret fashion show.

PoliCon
12-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Personally, I am not offended by photographs of attractive naked women.

I am offended by photographs of ugly naked women.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=5245 and what if they aren't naked? :D

SaintLouieWoman
12-05-2009, 10:51 AM

They disgust me, too. I used to get requests from funds from them. No more---I guess they understood the messages that I sent them. :D

They're in it for the funds, definitely not for the benefit of the animals.

Gingersnap
12-05-2009, 11:00 AM
They disgust me, too. I used to get requests from funds from them. No more---I guess they understood the messages that I sent them. :D

They're in it for the funds, definitely not for the benefit of the animals.

They're in it to eventually wall humans up in giant urban centers and prevent us from eating, owning, wearing, riding, or befriending animals of any kind. The Lord saw fit to put this creation under our hand. I'm pretty sure He's okay with dog ownership and chicken dinners.

Space Gravy
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
They're getting what they want......people who don't normally care about PETA are talking about PETA.