PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama already a lameduck?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Many on conservative forums (like Hannity's, Drudge, etc) are saying that Obama is already a lame duck president, that there is infighting in the Dem party and as a result his political capital is spent.
Do you guys agree?

I was reading a book on Jimmy Carter's presidency and it seems that even by December 1977 the American public according to polls had lost confidance in his ability to solve the nation's problems; By the beginning of 1978 the Democratic Party was already planning on Ted Kennedy running against him in 1980...So perhaps history is repeating itself...

Sonnabend
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Do you guys agree?

Whatever good will he amassed is fading fast.His lies, his dithering on Afghanistan..he was elected on a raf of promises that he couldnt keep even if he tried and now he is paying for the fact that he was nothng else than a load of hot air.

Obama is the laughingstock on both sides of the pond.

He's finished.

Rockntractor
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Never underestimate the enemy!

BadCat
12-05-2009, 08:01 PM
He still has the support of our traitorous press corps.

He's working on losing that, and when those jackals turn on him, his goose is cooked.

lacarnut
12-05-2009, 08:01 PM
He is a lame brain and he is working on being a lame duck.

AlmostThere
12-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Never underestimate the enemy!

When Rev Wright first became news, I said Obama was toast. You are so right, NEVER underestimate.
A lamefuck, maybe.

AmPat
12-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Is Obama already a lameduck? Oh, lame DUCK. I was going to weigh in on whether the question should be 'did he even have one?" We already see he doesn't have a pair.;)

Big Guy
12-06-2009, 01:27 PM
No, President Obama is by no means a lame duck. His numbers are definately falling, his base is weakening, but unless he is challenged by a strong Democratic candidate in the next election he can not be counted out.