PDA

View Full Version : A question just for parents

AlmostThere
12-06-2009, 05:33 AM
I've followed this story about Andrew Conley since it broke. Andrew is the 17 year old who murdered his 10 year old brother in cold blood because he just wanted to kill someone. My question is would any parents like to comment on whether they'd stand with their 17 year old as he is tried for the cold blooded murder of their 10 yr old?

Maybe it's impossible to say for sure without being in the situation, but I don't think I would. I just don't think I could forgive him to the extent that I could stand with him. Anyone?

djones520
12-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Hard to say. But I would probably have to say no in this case, if I knew he had done it beyond any doubt.

Speedy
12-06-2009, 06:23 AM
If, "I wanted to know how it felt" was the best he could come up with, he would be on his own. I would not defend him and I would not even fight for his life if he was sentenced to death. The way I see it, he already cost that family two sons by his stupid and selfish actions.

MrsSmith
12-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I know that we never really know everything our kids do...but I can't imagine raising a child that could murder anyone, (especially a younger sibling), with the kind of ice-cold evil this kid seems to present...and not have had warning that my kid was going so far wrong. It's hard to believe that this kid wasn't torturing animals or something beforehand.

So, to me, the question would be, "Have these parents already accepted their kid as the evil slug he seems to be, or were they totally clueless?"

On edit...found this, "Andrew's parents are supportive of their son being tried as an adult." Maybe they were blind...
http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=11617020

AmPat
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
OMG! What a horrible situation. I can not imagine a worse situation. I would forgive and love my children for many things but in this case, he felt no remorse. He is like a mad dog. Probably should put him into God's hands immediately.

Big Guy
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
From a perents point of view, I honestly don't know for sure, I think not.

I work in a prison that houses the mentally ill inmates. That being said, there is a similar case. There is a young man who killed his little sister with a pair of scissors over television programming. His parents visit him frequently.