PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Movie Monday

Rebel Yell
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
We had a freeze your balls off weekend (by South Ga standards). Suppose to be better this week.

TOTD: Everyone has a Christmas Movie that is tradition in their household to watch over and over.

Mine is Christmas Vacation. I DVR it every year and watch it to no end.

My wife thinks we have to watch Gremlins while we put up the tree every year. (It is set at Christmas time, so I guess it counts.)

What's yours?

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 09:04 AM
My sister likes It's a Wonderful Life, but I hate tripe like that.

The movie with a Christmas theme that best portrays my family's gatherings is The Lion In Winter.

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
It's about 5 F here and it's kind of fake snowing. If we get above freezing by the end of the week, it'll be a miracle.

TOTD: I have never actually seen all of "It's a Wonderful Life" and I don't need to see it. We don't have any must-see Christmas movies at my house. Mr. Snaps may never have seen any of them other a couple of versions of "A Christmas Carol".

I like "Christmas Vacation" but it's not going to change my life if I miss it. ;)

linda22003
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
My husband's favorite is "Die Hard". :p

jendf
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on Saturday night. Funny stuff.

I don't really have a "must-see" every year. But I do try to catch a couple Christmas-themed movies to get in the mood.

I have Elf and Bad Santa in my Netflix queue. :D

Ranger Rick
12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Raining right now. Low 50's today, high 30's to nite.

White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and the Muppet's Christmas Carol. Mostly for the music.

FlaGator
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Low 50s - Upper 70s spotty rain

TOTD: Lethal Weapon.

Shannon
12-08-2009, 07:53 PM
A Christmas Story. I will watch all 24 hours of it.:D It's a Wonderful Life is a must as well. Elf has become a tradition the last few years too. Christmas Vacation is great. I forgot Scrooged. I love that movie!

Constitutionally Speaking
12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
A Christmas Story. I will watch all 24 hours of it.:D It's a Wonderful Life is a must as well. Elf has become a tradition the last few years too. Christmas Vacation is great. I forgot Scrooged. I love that movie!

UGH!!!!! My wife will watch "A Christmas Story" 24/7 also.

I walked out of this movie when it was in the theaters ( and got my first traffic ticket ). It is OK now, but once every 2-3 years is enough for me.