PDA

View Full Version : It’s Got to Suck to be a Climavangelist!

patriot45
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Doug Giles (http://townhall.com/columnists/DougGiles/2009/12/05/it%e2%80%99s_got_to_suck_to_be_a_climavangelist!) take on the globall goofballs!

What are the global warming grunts going to do now that the Apostles of the Holy Church of Climatology have been busted for cooking the “truth” (I believe the exact word they used was “tricking” us) so that we the sheeple would step-n-fetch to their Chicken Little crap?

What will chunky Al Gore do seeing that he has officially slammed into a veritable inconvenient truth? I hear that Gore hasn’t been this gauche since he was busted in 2001 by Warren Christopher while lip-synching to “Dancin’ With Myself” in the Lincoln Bedroom wearing only Tipper’s pantyhose, Madonna’s snow cone bra, and Janet Reno’s glasses.

This just in! NewsBusters reports that Al Gore has just cancelled his $1,200 per person December 16th Climate Change blah blah blah speech in Copenhagen. Come on, Al, don’t quit now. It’s just about to get good. And there will always be plenty of Euro-tools who’ll continue to buy your trumped-up, utterly specious green hash gobbledygook. Cowboy up, sister.

snip to the funny stuff!......

Yep, since the revealing of the egregious climate con job discovered in the email exchanges with “scientists” at the University of East Anglia and the subsequent resignations of a couple of their glory boys, Climavangelism and Climavangelists have fallen on tough times. Kinda like ACORN has. Maybe, like ACORN, the Climate Change/Global Warming reality stylists could change their name. Yeah, that’s it! I hear ACORN is going to fly under the new moniker “Societal Assistance Through Action Now,” or “SATAN” for short.

snip.....

Here’s what I’m gonna do:

1. I am going to go outside by my pool and spray two full 32oz cans of Aqua Net right at the ozone.

2. I am going to use a gas powered scooter to go from room to room in my house, which will have all the outside doors open wide while the A/C is blowing full blast.

3. I am going to buy a ‘69 GTO with no exhaust system and let it idle for 4 hours a day in my driveway every day until Jesus returns.

4. I am going to fart as much as possible.

5. Speaking of farting, I am going to feed my cows bean dip and only bean dip. 6. I am going to set my thermostat on 85 in the winter and 55 in the summer.

7. I am going to use all my curly cue fluorescent light bulbs for clay pigeons—and not clean up the mess.

8. I am going to air up my tires on my ‘69 Goat so much that it looks like a frickin’ Macy’s Parade float.

9. When I go grizzly bear hunting in Alaska this spring I am going to add a polar bear to my license and take one of those as well.

10. While in Alaska I will take a blowtorch to a glacier to get my drinking water. 11. In addition, I am going to throw snowballs at seals. It won’t hurt them, but they will understand that the game is back on.

Rockntractor
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
It doesn't seem to slow Wilbur down any. He could walk of a tall building and he wouldn't stop talking until he splattered at the bottom!

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I am not a scientist, and can only really rely on my own observations.

When I was a kid, in the 60s and 70s, I used to tan (I'm a natural redhead). I don't anymore. I burn and peel, and then I start all over again, unless I wear SPF 35 sunblock. People who are fair like me now have to cover up like we are albinos.

The water level in the Great Lakes has dropped tremendously over the past 15 years. This is observable to anyone who had paid attention. We're talking 20 inches in each of the five largest sources of fresh water in the nation.

Until last winter, we had a series of unseasonably warm winters (10 years at least), without the usual snow amounts-this is a contributing factor as far as the water level in the lakes goes. The Upper Penninsula and Canada have to get enough snow to replace what is evaporated. One winter without enough snow is one thing, 10 will drastically change the levels in the lakes.

Now, I'm not saying this is because of global warming or climate change, but these are issues that should be addressed, especially the situation with the lakes. I can afford sunscreen.

megimoo
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM

When I was a kid, in the 60s and 70s, I used to tan (I'm a natural redhead). I don't anymore. I burn and peel, and then I start all over again, unless I wear SPF 35 sunblock. People who are fair like me now have to cover up like we are albinos.

The water level in the Great Lakes has dropped tremendously over the past 15 years. This is observable to anyone who had paid attention. We're talking 20 inches in each of the five largest sources of fresh water in the nation.

Until last winter, we had a series of unseasonably warm winters (10 years at least), without the usual snow amounts-this is a contributing factor as far as the water level in the lakes goes. The Upper Penninsula and Canada have to get enough snow to replace what is evaporated. One winter without enough snow is one thing, 10 will drastically change the levels in the lakes.

Now, I'm not saying this is because of global warming or climate change, but these are issues that should be addressed, especially the situation with the lakes. I can afford sunscreen.How does that jibe with being up to your butt in snow this year ?

AmPat
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE, who aligns himself with Al Gore in ANY way is an idiot. This includes the Great Wilbur Of OZ.

Speedy
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Now, I'm not saying this is because of global warming or climate change, but these are issues that should be addressed, especially the situation with the lakes. I can afford sunscreen.

I guess you could give yoour money to Manbearpig. He seems to have all the answers, even if they are the wrong ones.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE, who aligns himself with Al Gore in ANY way is an idiot. This includes the Great Wilbur Of OZ.

One of the biggest signs of abject incompetence and ignorance on the topic of global warming is....

... an obsessive preocupation with Al Gore, and cofusion between him and the theory of global warming.

It may surprise you... I have never watched his movie, nor read anything he has written, or heard anything he has said about the issue, aside from misc soundbites that will get quoted on the radio or repeated in places like this. Al Gore, is quite frankly, irrelevant to my opinion on the issue and irrelevant to the science involved.

I don't give a shit what Al Gore says, nor do I ever plan too.

Speedy
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM

I feel the same way but I also include the EPA, anyone else who insists global warming is that big a problem. I was in school when the big problem was a Coming Global Ice Age. That one was solved with apparently little fanfare, I think this one can be easily solved also.

lacarnut
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
One of the biggest signs of abject incompetence and ignorance on the topic of global warming is....

... an obsessive preocupation with Al Gore, and cofusion between him and the theory of global warming.

It may surprise you... I have never watched his movie, nor read anything he has written, or heard anything he has said about the issue, aside from misc soundbites that will get quoted on the radio or repeated in places like this. Al Gore, is quite frankly, irrelevant to my opinion on the issue and irrelevant to the science involved.

And you are full of shit as a Christmas Turkey if you say Al Bore is not one of your global warming heroes.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
And you are full of shit as a Christmas Turkey if you say Al Bore is not one of your global warming heroes.

If he was, I certainly wouldnt have any problem saying so.

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
How does that jibe with being up to your butt in snow this year ?

So far, we don't have any on the ground. There are some flurries today, and a predicted storm for later this week, but I don't know how much snow we're actually going to get.

Last year, we had one big snowstorm a week before Christmas. We had more snow than the last few years prior, but it still wasn't like the winters of my childhood, when we'd have snowbanks so large we could build tunnels in them.

I wasn't claiming anything was due to global warming, I was just noting things I've observed over my lifetime of 45 years.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM

They have always varied. I can remember as a kid visiting East Traverse Bay ( a literally weekly occurrence every summer for about 8 years) and noticing very marked differences in the water levels.

The lakes are at or near normal levels now.

http://detnews.com/article/20090107/METRO/901070400/Rising-Great-Lakes-levels-may-give-Michigan-a-lift

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
So far, we don't have any on the ground. There are some flurries today, and a predicted storm for later this week, but I don't know how much snow we're actually going to get.

Last year, we had one big snowstorm a week before Christmas. We had more snow than the last few years prior, but it still wasn't like the winters of my childhood, when we'd have snowbanks so large we could build tunnels in them.

I wasn't claiming anything was due to global warming, I was just noting things I've observed over my lifetime of 45 years.

As part of my job, I have fingertip access to years and years of weather date, climatological summaries, sat data, met station performance data, etc. Every year I field calls from people who claim that the local weather is different from what they recall as children. Sometimes it is for a while. What I have come to see
is that childhood recollections are inevitably colored by.....childhood.

Four inches of snow is a lot of snow for a 4 year old to walk through. A foot of snow is above knee height. Children are almost constantly reminded of "how cold it is" and forced into being bundled up much more than teens or adults. Children recall days when schools are closed because of snow or cold (everybody else still has to work). This colors thinking later on.

Every year I run into the Great Halloween Snow Storm Myth. Coloradoans are absolutely convinced that most Halloweens are both cold and snowy. Actually, the exact opposite is true.

As far as sunburn goes, you can't put that up to atmospheric damage (the atmosphere is plenty thick over the U.S.). However, your skin probably isn't as thick as it was when you were 12 and so you have more damage potential and slower healing times which probably bother you more now.

The Great Lakes are down, that's true enough. I don't study that area but I can tell you that we observe multi-year persistent droughts out here that are actually the norm. People remember the wet years and the wetter decades but we're coming to understand that this has never the "normal" pattern over the past 150 years.

Anecdotal evidence is never the last word in an argument for anything but it's always interesting.

patriot45
12-07-2009, 02:53 PM
This is beautiful! Before all this green crap and pc talk, we used to call what is happening.....The weather!
Some years we had snow on easter, some you could go out in shorts!

30 years ago we were all going to starve and DIE, from glowball cooling! We didn't.

Do not touch the earths thermostat!

And as for the OP, I too will fart as much as possible! :D

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
They have always varied. I can remember as a kid visiting East Traverse Bay ( a literally weekly occurrence every summer for about 8 years) and noticing very marked differences in the water levels.

The lakes are at or near normal levels now.

http://detnews.com/article/20090107/METRO/901070400/Rising-Great-Lakes-levels-may-give-Michigan-a-lift

I visit East Traverse Bay every year. I've been doing so since I was born. When I was a little kid, the water levels were lower, then they went up in the 70s and 80s. They dropped lower than ever in the 90s and this decade. The level was up slightly last summer, but it is still at a very low level.
There were maybe 5-7 inch variances from year to year, but never a decade and a half 18 inch decline. That's a major difference in such large bodies of water.

You can walk out on sand by the Old Mission Light house for a long distance. We used to go on the boat in areas that are now sand/beach, even in the lower years of the 60s.

AmPat
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I visit East Traverse Bay every year. I've been doing so since I was born. When I was a little kid, the water levels were lower, then they went up in the 70s and 80s. They dropped lower than ever in the 90s and this decade. The level was up slightly last summer, but it is still at a very low level. There were maybe 5-7 inch variances from year to year, but never a decade and a half 18 inch decline. That's a major difference in such large bodies of water.

You can walk out on sand by the Old Mission Light house for a long distance. We used to go on the boat in areas that are now sand/beach, even in the lower years of the 60s.

I don't understand it. The glaciers are melting and the threat we are concerned for is the flooding of the coastal population centers. O Blah Blah himself assures us that we have whole civilizations that are having to be evacuated due to global warming. Why isn't Michigan getting some of this excess water? Maybe Michigan water is following the car manufacturing exodus to the south?;)

Sonnabend
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
....what is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, and by what name is this distance known?

Still waiting.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
....what is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, and by what name is this distance known?

Still waiting.

Check the other thread where you posed the (irrelevant) question, genius.

Rockntractor
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Check the other thread where you posed the (irrelevant) question, genius.

How much less energy have you used this year than last year? Give me some numbers!