PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan's Christmas Album

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I bought it at Target over the weekend. If you hate Dylan's voice, you will hate this CD. If you like all things Dylan, it's the best Christmas CD ever! It's Dylan croaking out the traditional songs, with back-up singers and an orchestra that could be off of an Andy Williams record. I can sing along with it and not feel like my voice is so bad.

You really haven't lived until you've heard the American Bard croaking out "Do You Hear What I Hear".

I also bought the Mercy Me Christmas CD over Thanksgiving weekend, in Grand Rapids. I'm not totally into CCM, but I like them. It's a good CD, and it was cheap at Baker Book House (the best Christian book store I've ever been to).

BadCat
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you, I hate his voice.

Goldwater
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I may do, I may do...

Christmas feeling = awesome, Bob Dylan = awesome but is he too ragged for a Christmas?

SaintLouieWoman
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Also hate his voice, will not be buying that CD. It's not a good sign for his career when he has to put out a Christmas album.

FlaGator
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Also hate his voice, will not be buying that CD. It's not a good sign for his career when he has to put out a Christmas album.

As old as Dylan is, any release is a good sign for his career.

noonwitch
12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
As old as Dylan is, any release is a good sign for his career.

The critics said his career was over when he did the Victoria's Secret ads. He's still around, making records.

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Ditto but good for the old coot's career. I'm glad he's hanging in there. :)