PDA

View Full Version : Copenhagen hypocrisy

BadCat
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Poor Wilbur, the Copenhagen Climate Summit is the biggest show of hypocrisy ever foisted on modern civilization. Check out the 'carbon footprint' here...

Liars and hypocrites (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/copenhagen-climate-change-confe/6712070/Copenhagen-climate-summit-in-numbers.html)

16,500... people will fly in to attend the summit. (most on private jets)

75... heads of state and other VIPs are expected to turn up, including Barack Obama. (along with their support casts)

200,000... cups of (organic) coffee will be served to delegates. (how much carbon is emitted to even make that much coffee and keep it hot?)

2,500... meetings will be held during the two week conference, across 38 rooms at the Bella Center. (heating, cooling)

3,100... delegates, observers and journalists are being put up free of charge in the homes of Copenhagen residents, as part of a pioneering accommodation project. (what about getting there, what about getting to the conference, getting back home?)

oh and this..

200... bikes are available for rent at the summit site.

Think AlBore, Destmond TuTu, Lenny DiCaprio and Darryl Hannah will be renting bikes?

ralph wiggum
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Do as they say, not as they do. :rolleyes:

wilbur
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Perhaps you need to be acquainted with the Tu Quoque form of ad hominem fallacy.

BadCat
12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Perhaps you need to be acquainted with the Tu Quoque form of ad hominem fallacy.

Oh, you speak Latin, we're not impressed.

IF the world is dying because of CO2 emissions, the Copenhagen Summit should be thoroughly condemned by your side.

We'll be waiting for your condemnation.

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM

IF the world is dying because of CO2 emissions, the Copenhagen Summit should be thoroughly condemned by your side.

It really is a show of hypocrisy that is almost unimaginable. This is not 1989. There is no legitimate reason for all these people and their faithful press corps to be traveling in meat space for this kind of purpose.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM

Really? Instead of cherry picking ominous sounding, but vague numbers, what will be the actual cost in C02? Do tell...

BadCat
12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Really? Instead of cherry picking ominous sounding, but vague numbers, what will be the actual cost in C02? Do tell...

Oh, so it's "ok" if the cost in CO2 is of a level "acceptable" to the moonbats.
But your allies bitch about me driving an SUV.

Yes, we see how you think.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM

Yes, if the C02 emissions are within the only feasible, yet acceptable ranges, then they are probably acceptable. I don't know if they they are in this instance, but thats all any reasonable person can ask.

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
wilbur, explain to me why all these people and their entourages are flying in their many thousands to a physical location to discuss carbon generation issues. Why would they do that? :confused:

We no longer do even a third of the meat space meetings and conferences that we did 10 years ago. There's no need for it anymore. We don't do it because it's needlessly expensive and it causes work/life balance issues. Truthfully, we find that one 6 to 8 hour sat conference (with individual texting and email) is as productive as our old 3 day out-of-town meetings.

FlaGator
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM

To wilbur when you point out facts you are "cherry picking" but when wilbur is "cherry picking" he is pointing out facts.

wilbur
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
wilbur, explain to me why all these people and their entourages are flying in their many thousands to a physical location to discuss carbon generation issues. Why would they do that? :confused:

We no longer do even a third of the meat space meetings and conferences that we did 10 years ago. There's no need for it anymore. We don't do it because it's needlessly expensive and it causes work/life balance issues. Truthfully, we find that one 6 to 8 hour sat conference (with individual texting and email) is as productive as our old 3 day out-of-town meetings.

I don't know the reasons, maybe you guys are right and this is a blatant, gross, hypocritical excess... though as of yet, I don't feel like anyone's provided a compelling case that it is. I certainly don't feel its warranted to just assume that it is, in the typical stuck-up elitist fashion of the anti-agw contingent.

But I don't think its accurate to say that over-the-net and telephone conferences can always equal the utility of face-to-face gatherings. Despite how much the tech has come of age, sometimes face-to-face gatherings are superior or even necessary, depending on what one hopes to accomplish.

Gingersnap
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
But I don't think its accurate to say that over-the-net and telephone conferences can always equal the utility of face-to-face gatherings. Despite how much the tech has come of age, sometimes face-to-face gatherings are superior or even necessary, depending on what one hopes to accomplish.

If one eliminates all of the social chit chat and after-hours "networking" then these meeting are extremely productive. It's amazing what people can do when they aren't eating, boozing, and feeling up hookers in the bar.

I simply don't see how the attendees can justify this by their own logic. I'm sure many of the attendees are Boomers who feel baffled by new tech but that's no excuse. If they want us to use new tech to reduce carbon emissions then they should lead the way by using commercially available (and cheap) tech to talk to each other.

BadCat
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Daryl Hannah
Lenny DiCaprio
Desmond Tutu
Hussien Obumble
Free hookers.

That about explains why they want to have it.

lacarnut
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM

The world would be a better place if you got all these critters in one room excluding Obama and someone piped in a good dose of CO. :rolleyes::)

NJCardFan
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Wilbur, this is a commercial the global warming alarmists have put out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxis7Y1ikIQ&feature=player_embedded

It's about the affect of air travel on the polar bear population(I'll tear this apart another time because it's so incredibly stupid on the surface). How many airplanes, commercial and private, are flying into Denmark for this stupid conference? Is that hypocritical enough for you?

Rockntractor
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't know the reasons, maybe you guys are right and this is a blatant, gross, hypocritical excess... though as of yet, I don't feel like anyone's provided a compelling case that it is. I certainly don't feel its warranted to just assume that it is, in the typical stuck-up elitist fashion of the anti-agw contingent.

What have you done Wilbur to lower your carbon emissions?