PDA

View Full Version : New poll shows 'Tea Party' more popular than Republican Party

megimoo
12-08-2009, 06:18 AM
A new Rasmussen poll finds that the tea party movement's popularity is growing, so much so that it garners more support than the Republican party on a generic Congressional ballot.

The poll hints that the burgeoning discontent among conservatives within the GOP threatens to splinter the party at a time when the popularity of President Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress are waning as we head into an election year.
snip

"Okay, suppose the Tea Party Movement organized itself as a political party. When thinking about the next election for Congress, would you vote for the Republican candidate from your district, the Democratic candidate from your district, or the Tea Party candidate from your district?"

The response of all those who were polled was Democratic 36%, Tea Party 23% and Republican 18%. Further, the poll found that independents are more inclined to vote for a tea party candidate over Democratic or Republican candidates.

While some Republicans have expressed dismay over the emergence of the tea party movement, others have suggested that the GOP should embrace the group and its issues.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl1017

Swampfox
12-08-2009, 07:46 AM
The GOP better embrace the Tea Party issues, especially smaller government ones, if they want to become relevant again.

AmPat
12-08-2009, 09:13 AM
If this doesn't get folded into the GOP, I rpedict 2 things:

1. A new Party
2. DIMWITocRAT victory in perpetuity or until we no longer have a country to worry about.

Gingersnap
12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
The GOP better embrace the Tea Party issues, especially smaller government ones, if they want to become relevant again.

The GOP just need to boot the RINOS and embrace conservative values. That's all the Tea Party is about anyway (I belong to a Tea Party group).

expat-pattaya
12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
If the GOP is spit get ready for 10 years of Democrat domination.

Just saying........:(

Gingersnap
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
If the GOP is spit get ready for 10 years of Democrat domination.

Just saying........:(

The GOP is just Donkey Lite now. It's not like the parties have different objectives anymore, they just have different time lines.

AmPat
12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
The GOP is just Donkey Lite now. It's not like the parties have different objectives anymore, they just have different time lines.

I disagree. I believe the Donkey lites have gotten the message. If not, they will. The GOP does not promote Crap and tax or Health Scare Destruction. They are nearly 100% against this. The DUMS on the other hand is almost completely closed-ranks on destroying everything we stand for.

lacarnut
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
The Tea Party followers need to take over the Repub. party. RINO's need to shape up and fly right or join the Democratic party. I do not want to see the Tea Party followers bend 1 iota to RINO's and their screwed up policies.

megimoo
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
The GOP just need to boot the RINOS and embrace conservative values. That's all the Tea Party is about anyway (I belong to a Tea Party group).Good for you !

AmPat
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
The Tea Party followers need to take over the Repub. party. RINO's need to shape up and fly right or join the Democratic party. I do not want to see the Tea Party followers bend 1 iota to RINO's and their screwed up policies.

Ditto.

Last Samurai
12-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I hold that we are in the throes of a fine example of the old adage that ".... sometimes a Nation gets exactly the Government it deserves."

Ponder THAT the next time one gets philosophical of thought.

LS