PDA

View Full Version : Yucky Tuesday

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
45 F | 22 F Rain 60% chance of precipitation
I don’t think I will bother going over to the mountain and firing up the dozer today. I’m going to stay home and split wood between rain showers. I can’t complain to much about the rain, at least it’s not sleet like in previous years!

TOTD: If you could travel anywhere you wanted to for a year all expenses paid and have everything taken care of At home, where would you go. Also it would be a nice gesture on your part to take your spouse!

BadCat
12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Tasmania.

linda22003
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
A year? My quick answer was going to be "Paris" (as usual), to really settle into a neighborhood and live the daily life, but maybe I'd just live on a friend's boat while we explored parts of the Med I've never seen. Oh, yeah, I guess the husband comes along too. I may have to rethink this.

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Tasmania.
Believe it or not that is a top choice for my wife and I. On the way there we could meet the Sonnabend Devil.

Gingersnap
12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
It's 5 F and snowing here.

TOTD: I would just transfer from cruise ship to cruise ship all the way around the world.

linda22003
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
You don't have to transfer; you can stay on the same one. There's even a floating condo that goes around the world. Maybe you could sublet.

http://residensea.com/

FlaGator
12-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Highs in the low seventies', overcast.

TOTD: Hawaii (the Big Island)

Gingersnap
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
You don't have to transfer; you can stay on the same one. There's even a floating condo that goes around the world. Maybe you could sublet.

http://residensea.com/

Okay, I went to the web site. I'm doing that one. :)

lacarnut
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
TOTD: Spend a month at each of the 11 best beaches in the world. Flitting to each one by private jet. To top it off drive a Ferrari or Porsche on no speed limit roads in Germany, etc.

aerojarod
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Cold, clear, sunny here... finally starting to feel like winter. Packed some R-25 Insulation around to the top of the foundation in the basement last night. Hoping to cut down on heating cost (electric, ugh).

TOTD: I'd start in Spain, work my way thru southern France, into northern Italy and consume nothing but local wine, cheese, and cured meat. I'd visit the classical hotspots in Italy then hop a boat to Sardinia for a while, then onto Greece and ending up in Turkey.

patriot45
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Thats easy! 1 whole year expenses paid at a beachfront house in Key West! I would probably never come back!

PoliCon
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Highs in the low seventies', overcast.

TOTD: Hawaii (the Big Island)

I have friends on the big Island . . . .

TOTD: I'm torn. I'd like to go back to Kenya . . . . but I need to go back to Ireland . . . .

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I have friends on the big Island . . . .

TOTD: I'm torn. I'd like to go back to Kenya . . . . but I need to go back to Ireland . . . .

Kenya grows great coffee, almost as good as New Guinea!

Shannon
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't take my husband.:p I would take The Brat. I think just travel all over Europe.

Bubba Dawg
12-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Alaska.

PoliCon
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Kenya grows great coffee, almost as good as New Guinea!

I wouldn't be going for the coffee :p I'd be going to support the mission we have there. I'd prolly have to go with Ireland though since that mission collapsed when the last people who were sent had to come home early for medical reasons.

patriot45
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be going for the coffee :p I'd be going to support the mission we have there. I'd prolly have to go with Ireland though since that mission collapsed when the last people who were sent had to come home early for medical reasons.

That is so nice....Zzzzzzzzzz wait what, oh you were still yammering! Poli, I'm glad you are worthy, I'm even gladder you tell us how worthy you are, It was a fun post. But you go all refuge camp on us, your bad!

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 10:53 PM
That is so nice....Zzzzzzzzzz wait what, oh you were still yammering! Poli, I'm glad you are worthy, I'm even gladder you tell us how worthy you are, It was a fun post. But you go all refuge camp on us, your bad!

We are supposed to feel bad now because we pick on him! I bet the natives in Kenya would pick on him to. A dork is a dork no matter where you go.

PoliCon
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
We are supposed to feel bad now because we pick on him! I bet the natives in Kenya would pick on him to. A dork is a dork no matter where you go.

You're not kidding anyone goatboy - you don't FEEL.:rolleyes: You're a heartless bitter conservative clinging to your guns and religion!

PoliCon
12-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Hey - I'm just being honest. I know most of you guys are heathen bastards and I'm okay with that. :p

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey - I'm just being honest. I know most of you guys are heathen bastards and I'm okay with that. :p
My parents were married when I was conceived and I'm a baptized Christian(dunked for good measure).

Teetop
12-08-2009, 11:42 PM
45 F | 22 F Rain 60% chance of precipitation
I dont think I will bother going over to the mountain and firing up the dozer today. Im going to stay home and split wood between rain showers. I cant complain to much about the rain, at least its not sleet like in previous years!

TOTD: If you could travel anywhere you wanted to for a year all expenses paid and have everything taken care of At home, where would you go. Also it would be a nice gesture on your part to take your spouse!

It's been a very freaky day here in the Texas panhandle. Any where from 39F to 14F right now. Snow, Sleet and rain, with sunshine and 60mph winds, gusts to over 70mph.

I would travel the world. I wake up and want to be in Sydney, I would go. Berlin, I'm there. A year on someone else's "dime" I would be all over the damn place!:D

djones520
12-09-2009, 01:32 AM
TOTD: If I could gaurantee I wouldn't get my head chopped off, I'd love to visit the Middle East. I haven't been to Iraq yet, but I spent some time in Afghanistan and really liked it. I'd love to see what those regions are like when their not war torn.

PoliCon
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
My parents were married when I was conceived and I'm a baptized Christian(dunked for good measure).

Sure sure you Godless heathen bastard:p