PDA

View Full Version : Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests

biccat
07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests (http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2537776420080725?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true)
DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Four peace activists were arrested on Friday as they attempted to make a "citizens arrest" of Karl Rove, who was one of President George W. Bush's top aides before leaving the administration last year.

Not much there now, but I'm sure this was tremendously entertaining to watch. I think I'm going to write the local Republicans a check tomorrow. Or should the gratitude go to the local cops?

lacarnut
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Iowa protest aimed at Karl Rove leads to arrests (http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2537776420080725?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true)
DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Four peace activists were arrested on Friday as they attempted to make a "citizens arrest" of Karl Rove, who was one of President George W. Bush's top aides before leaving the administration last year.

Not much there now, but I'm sure this was tremendously entertaining to watch. I think I'm going to write the local Republicans a check tomorrow. Or should the gratitude go to the local cops?

To the cops only if they put a few knots on their heads or drew blood.

SarasotaRepub
07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
"It should be Karl Rove in that van.War Criminal!" one of a dozen protestors shouted as the four were put into a police van outside a Des Moines country club where Rove spoke at a private state Republican party fundraiser.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Idiots FAIL!!!! :D Very precious!!

biccat
07-25-2008, 06:25 PM
To the cops only if they put a few knots on their heads or drew blood.
Good call! I'll watch the news. If there were any black eyes resulting from the idjits resisting arrest I'll throw in a box of donuts as well.

ralph wiggum
07-26-2008, 12:29 AM
IIRC, Rove was speaking at the Wakonda Club on the south side of Des Moines. I'm surprised that security didn't smell the hippies trying to issue the "citizen's arrest" from a mile away.

LibraryLady
07-26-2008, 03:06 AM
They were well known "activists".

Four Iowans were arrested today while attempting to make a Citizens' Arrest of Karl Rove in Des Moines, Iowa. Citing Iowa Code provisions for making Citizen's Arrests as well as citing Federal Statute violations they claimed Rove had violated, the four were stopped at the gate of the Wakonda Country Club in Des Moines where Rove was scheduled to speak at a Republican Fundraiser.

The four arrested were retired Methodist minister and Peace and Justice Advocate, Rev. Chet Guinn, 80, as well as three Des Moines Catholic Workers, Edward Bloomer, 61, Kirk Brown, 25, and Mona Shaw, 57. All four were cited for trespassing and released.

Contacts:
Mona Shaw MonaShaw@aol.com
Kirk Brown kbmw36@yahoo.com
Chet Guinn CLGuinn@mchsi.com
Frank Cordaro frank.cordaro@gmail.com
Phillip Berrigan Catholic Worker House
713 Indiana Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50314
515-282-4781
www.DesMoinesCatholicWorker.org

ralph wiggum
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
They were well known "activists".

That Frank Cordaro guy went to high school with my dad. I hear he's been a raging mooonbat since the 60's. I played golf with his younger brother a while back, and he said they've given up bailing him out of jail.

CLibertarian
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
That Frank Cordaro guy went to high school with my dad. I hear he's been a raging mooonbat since the 60's. I played golf with his younger brother a while back, and he said they've given up bailing him out of jail.

He's a legend in his own mind.:D