PDA

View Full Version : To the Feebmaster

patriot45
12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I watch your posts, are you truely an anarchist? You don't care one way or the other.

I am starting not to care because it don't seem to make a difference but I don't want to see anarchy.
Most people aren't as prepared as I am for it.

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I watch your posts, are you truely an anarchist? You don't care one way or the other.

I am starting not to care because it don't seem to make a difference but I don't want to see anarchy.
Most people aren't as prepared as I am for it.

He is to laid back for that.

patriot45
12-08-2009, 11:23 PM
He is to laid back for that.

You can't be a laid back anarchist! You need to stir the pudding!

patriot45
12-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm watching Rambo right now! He's getting old!

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Most hardcore libertarians are to laid back to stir the pudding. He is likely sitting around contemplating philosophy while smoking a dube and wondering what it would be like to trap beavers and pan for gold for a living.

FeebMaster
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Nah, I'm pretty laid back. Even when stirring the pudding.

Manifesto incoming...

patriot45
12-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Nah, I'm pretty laid back. Even when stirring the pudding.

Manifesto incoming...

I guess its not anarchy as much as apathy! Is your state a good place to wait it out? Like I said I wish I was in Gods country like Rock!

FeebMaster
12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I am, more or less. I started off as a ridiculously authoritarian Republican until I realized that the government I wanted to crush all opposition with would suck to live under myself. Pretty much turned me Libertarian overnight. Then as I thought about it, fewer and fewer services the government provides seemed necessary. Most of them started to look counter productive. The progression from libertarian to minarchist to anarchist was brief. By the time election 2000 rolled around I was pretty much a full fledged anarchist (I still voted, if you can believe it. My one and only election. Harry Brown got almost 400,000 votes!)

It's more of a philosophical sort of thing, though. I'm not interested in converting the world or bringing about actual anarchy in the US. I doubt it's even possible. I'll argue politics with people IRL and on the internet, but I'm not generally trying to change anyone's mind. I don't vote or participate in politics in any way shape or form. I think it is pointless and completely hopeless. I pay my taxes, fees, and registrations and otherwise avoid the government as much as possible. Hopefully they won't kill me for it someday.

Don't worry. The odds of the US descending into anarchy are astronomically small. Although, a Snow Crashesque (Neal Stephenson book) transformation into a defacto anarchy wouldn't necessarily be out of the question given the right conditions. Still unlikely, though. I think the feds would burn it all down, or make sure someone else did, before they let it happen. If it were somehow allowed to happen peacefully, I think it would be significantly less chaotic than most people would expect.

Unfortunately, we're probably out of luck until we get off this rock and there's an actual frontier for liberty minded folks to escape to.

FeebMaster
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I guess its not anarchy as much as apathy! Is your state a good place to wait it out? Like I said I wish I was in Gods country like Rock!

Connecticut? Sweet Jesus, no.

We've got higher taxes than Taxachusetts. We've got a state income tax, property tax, sales tax, plus various other taxes and fees. Our Republicans tend to follow the Giulliani mold. We elect Democrats to the Senate and Presidency and Republicans to the governorship (some of them aren't even in jail yet).

You know every stereotype you've ever heard about New England? They're all true.

The second I can afford it, I'm going to go buy a cave out in Montana or Wyoming and live like a hermit with an internet connection.

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
What I tell yah!:D

Rockntractor
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM

We've got higher taxes than Taxachusetts. We've got a state income tax, property tax, sales tax, plus various other taxes and fees. Our Republicans tend to follow the Giulliani mold. We elect Democrats to the Senate and Presidency and Republicans to the governorship (some of them aren't even in jail yet).

You know every stereotype you've ever heard about New England? They're all true.

The second I can afford it, I'm going to go buy a cave out in Montana or Wyoming and live like a hermit with an internet connection.
Yep and there are beavers and gold there!

FeebMaster
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Yep and there are beavers and gold there!

Damn right. I need a pan and some traps.

patriot45
12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I am, more or less. I started off as a ridiculously authoritarian Republican until I realized that the government I wanted to crush all opposition with would suck to live under myself. Pretty much turned me Libertarian overnight. Then as I thought about it, fewer and fewer services the government provides seemed necessary. Most of them started to look counter productive. The progression from libertarian to minarchist to anarchist was brief. By the time election 2000 rolled around I was pretty much a full fledged anarchist (I still voted, if you can believe it. My one and only election. Harry Brown got almost 400,000 votes!)

It's more of a philosophical sort of thing, though. I'm not interested in converting the world or bringing about actual anarchy in the US. I doubt it's even possible. I'll argue politics with people IRL and on the internet, but I'm not generally trying to change anyone's mind. I don't vote or participate in politics in any way shape or form. I think it is pointless and completely hopeless. I pay my taxes, fees, and registrations and otherwise avoid the government as much as possible. Hopefully they won't kill me for it someday.

Don't worry. The odds of the US descending into anarchy are astronomically small. Although, a Snow Crashesque (Neal Stephenson book) transformation into a defacto anarchy wouldn't necessarily be out of the question given the right conditions. Still unlikely, though. I think the feds would burn it all down, or make sure someone else did, before they let it happen. If it were somehow allowed to happen peacefully, I think it would be significantly less chaotic than most people would expect.

Unfortunately, we're probably out of luck until we get off this rock and there's an actual frontier for liberty minded folks to escape to.

I see it as going to Hell in a handbasket. The dims are going to ramrod thru every thing they can, gain power and another 4 years of the 0 will surely change the landscape of this coiuntry. I have a story like you too! When I lived in N.Y. I was a quasi liberal, give peace a chance but if you got in my face you were beat down. I moved to Florida 23 years ago and after, I think, 3 years I got to go hunting, and then to go shooting for a day. Thats when I realized that, what else have I missed in life! I became conservative, I skipped republican entirely. And now, according to my friends, I am a radical!!

FeebMaster
12-09-2009, 12:50 AM
I see it as going to Hell in a handbasket. The dims are going to ramrod thru every thing they can, gain power and another 4 years of the 0 will surely change the landscape of this coiuntry.

I think it's safe to say we're screwed.

I have a story like you too! When I lived in N.Y. I was a quasi liberal, give peace a chance but if you got in my face you were beat down. I moved to Florida 23 years ago and after, I think, 3 years I got to go hunting, and then to go shooting for a day. Thats when I realized that, what else have I missed in life! I became conservative, I skipped republican entirely. And now, according to my friends, I am a radical!!

There must be something in the water up here.

Rebel Yell
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I think it's safe to say we're screwed.

There must be something in the water up here.

Move down south. You can pretty much split everyone into two groups. Those who screw the government(welfare queens and farmers) , and those who know the government is screwing them (everyone else).

On edit: I think I'll make that my sigline.

AmPat
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM

Connecticut. Isn't this one of the states that theinflux of retired Massholes ruined?

FeebMaster
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Move down south. You can pretty much split everyone into two groups. Those who screw the government(welfare queens and farmers) , and those who know the government is screwing them (everyone else).

Most places are like that. The percentages just shift a bit.

Connecticut. Isn't this one of the states that theinflux of retired Massholes ruined?

Nah. CT didn't need any help screwing things up.

Goldwater
12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
We alls loves the Feeb.

FeebMaster
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
We alls loves the Feeb.

Apparently. I feel like an internet celebrity or something.

Rockntractor
12-09-2009, 06:05 PM

You are an anomaly.

Molon Labe
12-10-2009, 01:07 PM

It's because you probably have a better grasp on our government than just about anyone else here and many can sense that, even if they won't admit it. IMO.

Anarchy has a negative conotation because it's hard to convince people that many Anarchists understand it as resembling nothing like The Road Warrior.