PDA

View Full Version : Obama's numbers same as Carter's

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I was reading a book on Jimmy Carter's presidency, and it seems that Obama's poll numbers are literally at the same place as Carter's were for a similar length of time.

By this I mean..According to polls taken in November, Obama's approval rating was somewhere in the area of 45-50% for November (depending on which poll you looked at). Jimmy Carter's approval rating as of October 1977 (less than a year into his presidency) was, according to an NBC poll taken at the time, 45%.
I'm not sure what the approval rating of Obama's handling of foreign policy is, but as of December 1977 (according to the book) Carter's foreign policy was liked by only 38% of Americans. I can't think of any other president, at least in recent memory, who has had so far or fast a drop in approval--The only two are Carter and Obama.

Just something to consider, seeing as we saw where Carter's presidency ended up.

Rockntractor
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I was reading a book on Jimmy Carter's presidency, and it seems that Obama's poll numbers are literally at the same place as Carter's were for a similar length of time.

By this I mean..According to polls taken in November, Obama's approval rating was somewhere in the area of 45-50% for November (depending on which poll you looked at). Jimmy Carter's approval rating as of October 1977 (less than a year into his presidency) was, according to an NBC poll taken at the time, 45%.
I'm not sure what the approval rating of Obama's handling of foreign policy is, but as of December 1977 (according to the book) Carter's foreign policy was liked by only 38% of Americans. I can't think of any other president, at least in recent memory, who has had so far or fast a drop in approval--The only two are Carter and Obama.

Just something to consider, seeing as we saw where Carter's presidency ended up.
Jimma Carter is an idiot you know it I know it everyone on the board knows it, there is nothing to discuss. PM Wilbur about it he may like Mr. Peanut!