PDA

View Full Version : Giants of Talk Radio

johvale
12-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Living in the Philly area I get to listen to Michael Smerconish who is a republican (RINO) who believes that the Republican party should be a big tent party and include people of all beliefs liberal or not. He is such a big tent republican that he voted for O'Bama ( <--- I threw a little Irish fling on it for the hell of it) He still supports much of what Obama does but is starting to become a bit upset with him as anyone can tell.

This leads to the "Big tent belief." We on the conservative side get a wide range of beliefs from the giants of talk radio. With well known giants such as Rush, Hannity, Medved, Beck, Bennett, Gallagher, Levin, Hewitt and my personal favorite... Michael Savage. I think just about anyone on this forum would agree that Sean Hannity and Michael Savage are two totally different types of voices that have the same means but different ways to get to them.

It is tough to see that when Michael Savage is going through his ban in England, or in a lawsuit with CAIR why don't the others come to his defense. Are they so afraid of supporting another talk show host in another time slot on another channel or is it something else? Savage is (of course) no saint either... he badmouths just about all the other talk show hosts.

Think about how strong talk radio would really be if the giants of it banned together a bit more and stood as a united front.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? Rant ended.

Rockntractor
12-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I miss Paul Harvey.:(

obx
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I was lucky enough to see Paul Harvey give a speech in Las Vegas back in the '80s. I could sit and listen to him read a cereal box.
________
Upskirt Asian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1107/asian/videos/1)

Rockntractor
12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I was lucky enough to see Paul Harvey give a speech in Las Vegas back in the '80s. I could sit and listen to him read a cereal box.
I listened to that old fart all my life. There was something pleasant and familiar about him that gave you hope and made you feel at home anywhere.

johvale
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Ahh yes... Gotta love Paul Harvey... I remember one particular post about a guy that was not using dynamite properly... It was something like: "He then lit the dynamite and forgot to put it down and move away........ He was 23." It was delivered with such dead-pan humor that I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard... Of course it was not really funny... But I guess I have a sick sense of humor...

Rockntractor
12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Ahh yes... Gotta love Paul Harvey... I remember one particular post about a guy that was not using dynamite properly... It was something like: "He then lit the dynamite and forgot to put it down and move away........ He was 23." It was delivered with such dead-pan humor that I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard... Of course it was not really funny... But I guess I have a sick sense of humor...

:D

NJCardFan
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Smirconish has become an unapologetic liberal IMO. He's a smaller version of Bill Mahr. He's clueless if he believes that all stripes should be included in the Republican Party. He is a shining reason why we need a new conservative based party.

lacarnut
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Smirconish has become an unapologetic liberal IMO. He's a smaller version of Bill Mahr. He's clueless if he believes that all stripes should be included in the Republican Party. He is a shining reason why we need a new conservative based party.

In the last 10 years starting with the exodus of Newt, conservatives have bent over backwards to accommodate RINO's. It's is time for that crap to come to a screeching halt. Otherwise, the Repub party will get their asses kicked in the next coming elections. RINO's and Rockefeller Repubs need to either get on the bandwagon with the tea party crowd or join the Democratic party.

megimoo
12-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I miss Paul Harvey.:(I Miss J Vernon McGee !

PoliCon
12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't like savage myself. The man is too angry and confrontational. I'll tell you who I do like - BOORTZ.

Rockntractor
12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't like savage myself. The man is too angry and confrontational. I'll tell you who I do like - BOORTZ.
Agree and agree!

patriot45
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Agree and agree!

Boortz and Levin never bore me on the radio! And boortz'z web site is pretty good too!

Big Guy
12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I listen to Phil Valentine. Savage is too angry, it seem like it's all about how he is the only one with any answers.

Bubba Dawg
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I Miss J Vernon McGee !

Through the Bible.....

He had the quirkiest voice.

Apache
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Agreed on Savage, the man is just too much a complainer on EVERYTHING. Boortz I've heard of but never heard...

I like Levin, even though I only get two hours of his show :(

Constitutionally Speaking
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
In the last 10 years starting with the exodus of Newt, conservatives have bent over backwards to accommodate RINO's. It's is time for that crap to come to a screeching halt. Otherwise, the Repub party will get their asses kicked in the next coming elections. RINO's and Rockefeller Repubs need to either get on the bandwagon with the tea party crowd or join the Democratic party.

I think we are seeing that happening now.

PoliCon
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Through the Bible.....

He had the quirkiest voice.

And such a narrow mind. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Agreed on Savage, the man is just too much a complainer on EVERYTHING. Boortz I've heard of but never heard...

I like Levin, even though I only get two hours of his show :(

get it on the net. That's how I listen to Boortz.

FlaGator
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM

I agree with this 100% I can't stand Savage but I sure enjoy listening to Boortz. I don't always agree with him, but I usually enjoy listening to him make his case.

PoliCon
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree with this 100% I can't stand Savage but I sure enjoy listening to Boortz. I don't always agree with him, but I usually enjoy listening to him make his case.

Very true. I sometimes find myself in disagreement with Boortz - less now though than in the past - but he does make a good argument. I'd love to get through as a caller when he's on one of his victimless crime tirades.

Rockntractor
12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
And such a narrow mind. :rolleyes:
Yeah he took the bible literally. Shame on him!

PoliCon
12-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah he took the bible literally. Shame on him!

nah - he added his "literal" interpretation to the Bible and denied many things that the Bible states clearly. I'll give you that he knew his word - but now he knows it better. ;)

Rockntractor
12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
nah - he added his "literal" interpretation to the Bible and denied many things that the Bible states clearly. I'll give you that he knew his word - but now he knows it better. ;)

I liked Charles Haff the Christian Jew hour. Gary Hedrick does it now and it is called messianic perspectives.