PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Thursday... What was I thinking

FlaGator
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Today is one of those strange weather days. The high was 72 degrees at midnight last night and right now it is a chilly 57 with temps in the mid 40s by sun down and a low in the mid 40s by tomorrow morning. How strange....

TOTD Did anyone realize that I missed the last 2 Thursday threads? It completely slipped my mind and I didn't even get a razzing email from 'You know who'. What was I thinking? Having said that, here is Auguste Rodin's the Thinker

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/flagator/thinker.jpg

What do you believe he is thinking? Personally I believe that he is thinking "Why didn't I look before I sat down."

Rockntractor
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
There is a thursday?:confused:

Gingersnap
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
It's warming up out here and we're at a blistering 26 F!

Well, I noticed your lapses but I though you had a pressing reason for your actions. Now that I know you are simply lazy, I'll be sure to remind you.

TOTD: I have no idea. That's one piece of art that has been a little too over-exposed during the last 80 years. :D

noonwitch
12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
It's really cold, in the 20s, but sunny. We got a dusting of snow last night, so it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, at least today. It is Michigan-we could be at 65 degrees next week. Who knows?

There's a version of The Thinker in front of the DIA. He's thinking, "Man, I would have put a parka on if I knew they were going to put me in Detroit".

Rebel Yell
12-10-2009, 01:14 PM
He's sleeping.

FlaGator
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
It's warming up out here and we're at a blistering 26 F!

Well, I noticed your lapses but I though you had a pressing reason for your actions. Now that I know you are simply lazy, I'll be sure to remind you.

TOTD: I have no idea. That's one piece of art that has been a little too over-exposed during the last 80 years. :D

There were pressing reasons, I'm still working about 60 to 70 hours a week, but I also just plain forgot.

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 03:02 PM
He's thinking: "Why did I forget to cut my toenails?"

It was -4 when I woke up this morning, it has risen to a whopping 10 now. That along with 14 inches of snow, and it's one hum-dinger of a day.

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I also noticed this morning that one of our members was complaining on Facebook that they had to scrape their car windows. I feel so sorry for this un-named person. :rolleyes:

:D

FlaGator
12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I also noticed this morning that one of our members was complaining on Facebook that they had to scrape their car windows. I feel so sorry for this un-named person. :rolleyes:

What is this "scrapping of car windows"? Is this some regional habit? How thin do you think car windows should be?

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 03:49 PM
What is this "scrapping of car windows"? Is this some regional habit? How thin do you think car windows should be?

You're going on the s***-list, man. :mad:

jendf
12-10-2009, 04:45 PM

You uncaring bastard. :mad::D

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
You uncaring bastard. :mad::D

Yeah, I'm just a jerk.

jendf
12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I'm just a jerk.

So are you coming out here or what? I need someone to scrape my windshield for the next couple of weeks.

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 05:03 PM
So are you coming out here or what? I need someone to scrape my windshield for the next couple of weeks.

Doesn't this new house have a garage? :confused:

I won't be there until January.

PoliCon
12-10-2009, 05:04 PM
TOTD: He's clearly dealing with one of two age old questions that have plagued man since the dawn of time:

Shit or get off the pot?

or

Tits or ass?

Shannon
12-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Tits or ass?

All smart men already know that answer and have no need to ponder it.

Shannon
12-10-2009, 07:16 PM
TOTD Did anyone realize that I missed the last 2 Thursday threads? It completely slipped my mind and I didn't even get a razzing email from 'You know who'. What was I thinking?

I've been too busy to check up lately. I will start making it a point to check in Thursday mornings now. Slacker.:rolleyes:

jendf
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Doesn't this new house have a garage? :confused:

I won't be there until January.

It does. But for the moment, I cannot use it.

Now do you sympathize with my plight?

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
It does. But for the moment, I cannot use it.

Now do you sympathize with my plight?

Not really...did you see how cold it was here and how much snow we got?

hampshirebrit
12-10-2009, 07:30 PM
It's actually been a nice day here in Teh Yuk. Sunny all day after days and days of wind and rain. I'm off work for the next three weeks so I'm hoping for more of the same.

TOTD:

"Why the fuck did I just buy a new PC when I could have got a Mac?" :D

Shannon
12-10-2009, 07:31 PM

The temperature almost dropped into the 60's here today. I had to bust out the boots and wear a sweater. I feel your pain.

jendf
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM

I did. Gosh, that must really suck. :p

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I did. Gosh, that must really suck. :p

You, Shannon, FlaGator...yeah, you're all on my sh*t list now. :mad:

:p

RobJohnson
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM

It was not me. :)

We did have a little bit of snow and there is still some on the ground. The mountains look very cool all white. The roads are clear and so are the windshields, it will be 60 on Saturday. Did I mention my 3 day weekend?

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
It was not me. :)

Well you know better than to complain about such a thing, Rob.