PDA

View Full Version : Government Giveth and Taketh Away

megimoo
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Do my eyes deceive me?

Did I really see President Barack Obama this week calling for a vast increase in government spending? He now is promising to "spend our way out of this recession." He plans to build highways and bridges.

There will be tax cuts for small businesses. There will be tax incentives for making our homes more energy-efficient. Economic stimulus will be extended for unemployment insurance.

Checks for $250 will be sent to senior citizens and veterans. More money will be sent to state and local governments so they will not have to lay off teachers, firefighters, and police. It is estimated that the president's eruption of generosity will cost an additional $170 billion, perhaps more.

He has made this promise despite the fact that fear is spreading throughout the country that our government deficits are unsustainable. The so-called Independents have forsaken him owing to their fear that he is bankrupting the country. For that matter, he has expressed the same fear...half a year ago.

Yes, this generosity comes from the same president who told a C-Span interviewer last spring that "We are out of money."

That grim revelation came from President Obama in response to the interviewer's observation, "You know the numbers, $1.7 trillion debt, a national deficit of $11 trillion.

At what point do we run out of money?" The president's response was, "Well, we are out of money now. We are operating in deep deficits."

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/12/10/government-giveth-and-taketh-a

AmPat
12-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Idiot: 'Id-E-ut', He who repeatedly does that which is asinine. Usually followed by blaming others for same stupidity. See Hussein Barrack Obama (HBO) or liberal, moonbat, DUmb@$$, knucklehead, moron, etc.

Speedy
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
That is all he knows. Having never had a job that was eaither heavily subsidized by the government if not in government itself, the Black Son of a Bitch in the Whitehouse does not have a clue.