PDA

View Full Version : CU Predictions For 2010!

Gingersnap
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Every year around this time web sites and tabloids stock up on their predictions for the coming year. Since making "psychic" predictions requires no special talent or skill, I don't see why we can't do the same thing (you heavy drinkers will understand this best).

So contact your spirit guides, suck up that sage bundle (or whatever), and show us your stuff. What are your predictions for 2010?

Let's keep this fun and not overly political. If you get a "vision" about a political assassination, call the Secret Service or Interpol - don't waste time posting it here. ;)

FlaGator
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Osama will be found and taken alive.

lacarnut
12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
The Tea Party candidates. AKA Repubs, will stomp the piss out of the Democrats in the 010 elections.

patriot45
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
The temperature will go up 20 degrees, ocean levels will rise 10 feet. polar bears will invade Florida!!!
Woe is me! Al Gore will have to replace the 0 as prez!

Big Guy
12-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Obama will be nominated as President of the world by Hugo Chavez and Gadahfi will second the motion. Obama will get embarassed but accept the nomination for the "good of the world". :D

Bubba Dawg
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
The Cubs will win the World Series.

hampshirebrit
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Osama will be found and taken alive.

In'sh'allah, this will be. This is my most ardent wish for this year, for next year, for any year. There will be a fine feast at my house, in'sh'allah, the day that this happens. :D

Gingersnap
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
I predict that LiLo will revive her flagging career with a hetero sex tape. VB will continue to return structure and elegance to non-porkers while living on 500 calories a day. Stossel will blow his detractors out of the water with his new show. Tap water will be the new Pinot Grigio but Red Bull and vodka will remain the old toast and coffee of the hipster set. :D

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM

And then "global warming/climate change" will cause the entire city of Chicago to fall into Lake Michigan.

Bubba Dawg
12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
And then "global warming/climate change" will cause the entire city of Chicago to fall into Lake Michigan.

C'me on Ralph. There's always next year.

I bought a used edition of George Will's baseball book Men at Work.

He autographed it for the original owner. In it he signed his name underneath Revenge '69.

That's only been 40 years.

ralph wiggum
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
C'me on Ralph. There's always next year.

I bought a used edition of George Will's baseball book Men at Work.

He autographed it for the original owner. In it he signed his name underneath Revenge '69.

That's only been 40 years.

41 next year.

I'm just sticking with the theme of the forum. I'd love to see the Cubs win, but they're kind of handcuffed with the new ownership situation. Plus, there aren't a lot of marquee free agents out there this off-season.

Bubba Dawg
12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
41 next year.

I'm just sticking with the theme of the forum. I'd love to see the Cubs win, but they're kind of handcuffed with the new ownership situation. Plus, there aren't a lot of marquee free agents out there this off-season.

Yeah, I know, but ...but....but....They're DUE!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know. :(

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Wilbur will publicly burn a picture of AlGore and denounce AGW!!!! :eek: :D

patriot45
12-10-2009, 10:05 PM

Oh Ha! I'll take bets on that one! Mine would come true before that! :D

Teetop
12-10-2009, 11:42 PM
I am making my predictions political;

Obozo will be hiding in the White House, since his approval ratings will be around 22%.

Congress, both houses will have a rude awakening.

Al Whore will commit suicide, Since his scam will totally fall apart and will be sued.

Non political;

New Orleans and Indy will meet in the Super Bowl as the only two undefeated teams meeting in the Super Bowl.

Tony Homo will turn gay and win the Super Bowl in 2011.

I will win the lottery and you S.O.B.'s won't ever hear from me again!:D:eek:

Gingersnap
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I will win the lottery and you S.O.B.'s won't ever hear from me again!:D:eek:

Nah, you'll just get an unlimited iPhone deal and we'll never stop hearing from you. :D

Teetop
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Nah, you'll just get an unlimited iPhone deal and we'll never stop hearing from you. :D

I don't even own a cell phone now! ;)

(Off topic; I have a cousin in Littleton and her daughter is in Parker, I think. I would love to go back to CO soon, maybe next summer.)

Gingersnap
12-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't even own a cell phone now! ;)

(Off topic; I have a cousin in Littleton and her daughter is in Parker, I think. I would love to go back to CO soon, maybe next summer.)

Oh, come now! You'll love it. Learn to ski or board. Catch some cold weather Brookies. Snowshoe, snow mobile, ice fish in the world's most unproductive ice fishing environment. :D

FlaGator
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
wilbur will admit he was wrong about global warming and hell will experience and ice cube surplus.

Teetop
12-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh, come now! You'll love it. Learn to ski or board. Catch some cold weather Brookies. Snowshoe, snow mobile, ice fish in the world's most unproductive ice fishing environment. :D

I have lived in Denver, for a short time, while attending Tech. School in the Air Force at Lowry A.F.B. in 1982.

I learned how to ski in Germany. If I went skiing now, my knees would be the size of a volleyball at the end of the day. I liked water skiing, but I absolutely love snow skiing. I went to Angel Fire many times in the 90's, Taos and Red River as well. My friend still has a cabin in Eagles Nest, NM.

I have always wanted to go fly fishing, but never had. Went fishing quite often with a neighbor on Lake Superior, when I lived in MN.

Ice fishing in MN is just another excuse for a Minnesotan to get drunk.:D

I love the Denver Museum of Natural History.

Rockntractor
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Patriot will post a new gumbo recipe and actually call it gumbo and policon will make magnificent green beans!

Rockntractor
12-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Policon will realize the mole he had removed was actually his junk.:eek:

Gingersnap
12-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Last call, people. ;)

Rockntractor
12-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I can't top what I posted!:D

Dan D. Doty
12-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Okay, here's a real one.

Isreal will be attacked with WMDs, Isreal will strike back and the world will be in shock.

But little does world know, the worse is yet to come.

hampshirebrit
01-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Okay, here's a real one.

Isreal will be attacked with WMDs, Isreal will strike back and the world will be in shock.

But little does world know, the worse is yet to come.

Jeepers, cheerful guy you are !!

Seriously, something will kick off btw Iran and Israel this year.

On a brighter note, Teh Yuk will be rid of Gordon The Unelected.

Goldwater
01-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Jeepers, cheerful guy you are !!

Seriously, something will kick off btw Iran and Israel this year.

On a brighter note, Teh Yuk will be rid of Gordon The Unelected.

No one wants to stand in the way of Iran's inner turmoil, except dumb statements by politicians thinking they'll look "strong" if they support the demonstrators.

When your enemy is self destructing, get out of the way. ~ Someone very famous that I can't remember right now.

hampshirebrit
01-01-2010, 11:28 AM
No one wants to stand in the way of Iran's inner turmoil, except dumb statements by politicians thinking they'll look "strong" if they support the demonstrators.

When your enemy is self destructing, get out of the way. ~ Someone very famous that I can't remember right now.

Not sure if I agree with that. The Iranian government have snubbed all of the West's rapprochement bids, the experts are all coming to same conclusion that their nuclear facilities are suited only for production of weaponry, so there would be nothing left to lose diplomatically by giving the dissenters a bit of at least moral support.

Personally, were I in their position, it would be good to know that there is at least some Western governments who give a damn.

We could use an "Ich bin ein Berliner" moment from Obama, but he's no JFK, that's for sure.

Goldwater
01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Not sure if I agree with that. The Iranian government have snubbed all of the West's rapprochement bids, the experts are all coming to same conclusion that their nuclear facilities are suited only for production of weaponry, so there would be nothing left to lose diplomatically by giving the dissenters a bit of at least moral support.

Personally, were I in their position, it would be good to know that there is at least some Western governments who give a damn.

We could use an "Ich bin ein Berliner" moment from Obama, but he's no JFK, that's for sure.

Maybe, I just see it harming the anti-government fever though, especially when Ahmaroon5ajad is looking for any and all excuses to tie this to the UK and US.

Dan D. Doty
01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Trust me, Iran ( or someone they the hand off a bomb to) will do it; they're waiting for Isreal to lose more support in the world ( which is happening).

The Moonbats hate Isreals guts and if they really start expressing that in the media ( both here and the rest of the world), then Iran will see this as a sign to attack ( maybe with the help of some other ME nations and powerful terrorists groups ).

Also watch out for China, and Russia has update their nukes so they will be harder to shot down.

BTW, I hope everyone has food, water and ammo saved up just in case I turn out to be right; things could go bad at anytime.

hampshirebrit
01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't think an Iranian nuke strike against Israel is very likely. They can't nuke Jerusalem because it it a Muslim holy site. Tel Aviv, which is not that far from Jerusalem, has a sizeable Muslim population down the road in Jaffa. The fallout from either strike would kill as many Arabs as Jews. There are few other major population centers that are either important enough or far away enough from Arab populations to make a strike viable.

Bear in mind that the Iranians are not Arabs, and most Arab countries are very nervous indeed about their upcoming capability, and you can see that their strike options in Eretz Israel are very limited indeed. A small, portable device is another matter, and would change the game completely, but these are very difficult to manufacture, and hopefully well beyond the capability of the Iranians at this point.

The real problem is that at the same time they are developing nuclear, they are also developing long-range strike capability, and already now have a 2000km multi-stage rocket. Bad news for the EU, very bad indeed.

This is why we need to take the gloves off, start supporting the dissenters and help facilitate regime change. This is probably our best and only chance to do it without something making a very loud bang.

djones520
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Hamp, more Muslims have been killed by terrorists then westerners. I think it's clear that in the heads of these nutjobs, it doesn't matter who dies, as long as people die.

Rockntractor
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't think an Iranian nuke strike against Israel is very likely. They can't nuke Jerusalem because it it a Muslim holy site. Tel Aviv, which is not that far from Jerusalem, has a sizeable Muslim population down the road in Jaffa. The fallout from either strike would kill as many Arabs as Jews. There are few other major population centers that are either important enough or far away enough from Arab populations to make a strike viable.

Bear in mind that the Iranians are not Arabs, and most Arab countries are very nervous indeed about their upcoming capability, and you can see that their strike options in Eretz Israel are very limited indeed. A small, portable device is another matter, and would change the game completely, but these are very difficult to manufacture, and hopefully well beyond the capability of the Iranians at this point.

The real problem is that at the same time they are developing nuclear, they are also developing long-range strike capability, and already now have a 2000km multi-stage rocket. Bad news for the EU, very bad indeed.

This is why we need to take the gloves off, start supporting the dissenters and help facilitate regime change. This is probably our best and only chance to do it without something making a very loud bang.
They don't always respect their holy sites when they fight among them selves. it is not uncommon for them to blow up mosques and I'm sure with a search one could find incidents of them damaging much holier places. With the prize being Israel I don't think they would restrain themselves.

hampshirebrit
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
You could both be right.

All the more reason for us to do something then, I'd say. Sooner would be good, rather than later.

Unfortunately, we (US and UK) have got exactly the wrong people in power right now for this to happen.

djones520
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
You could both be right.

All the more reason for us to do something then, I'd say. Sooner would be good, rather than later.

Unfortunately, we (US and UK) have got exactly the wrong people in power right now for this to happen.

It doesn't matter what type of Administration is in office, no one would preemptively act before something happend IMO. Afghanistan was a nobody military force. Iraq was a force mostly crippled by a decade of us stomping on them. Iran has a fresh military growing more technologically advanced every year. It wouldn't be nearly as easy crushing their professional military like we did with the other two.

There is no doubt in my mind that we could still waffle stomp their ass into oblivion, but there is no way in hell anyone could convince the American public to go to war with a country like Iran until that first nuke goes off.

Apocalypse
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll take mine from some of the various sources that I agree with.

Terror:

The terror trial in New York will be a farce from the word go.

Immigration.

Barack Obama’s illegal-immigrant aunt, Zeituni Onyango, will not be deported.

The economy:

A double dip recession will hit, brought on by a second housing collapse, this time will be the mid wage income earners hit hardest.

Politics:

Gay rights and immigration will stay off the president’s agenda as the White House tries to claw back to the center in anticipation of the 2010 elections.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg will retire for health reasons. This will create enormous problems for Obama, as the base will demand someone even more liberal than Sotomayor, while the times will require someone more moderate. Obama will go with his gut and name a very, very, liberal nominee.

The Presidency:

Michelle Obama and Joe Biden will slip by their minders and say something outrageous. The MSM will not report it. Persons who refer to Michelle's will be denounced as racists.

2010 elections:

Republicans will gain four or five Senate seats — most likely in Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. Marco Rubio will defeat Charlie Crist in the Florida GOP primary and go on to a general-election victory. By the end of the year, polls will suggest that several Republican presidential candidates can defeat Obama in 2012.

The GOP will not take back the House. But it will be very, very close.

Chris Dodd loses his election. Capital police need to use a crowbar to loosen his grip on his office desk.

Harry Reid loses re-election bid, calls results an “evil lie, bought and paid for by the insurance companies.”

World:

Iran will get the bomb even as the democracy movement gains steam.

Fidel Castro will die.

Kim Jong Il will die.

MountainMan
01-01-2010, 03:15 PM

I got one better...It will be the Seahawks and Dolphins in the 2011 Super Bowl.......

At least it is a better prediction than the Cubs. :D

Sonnabend
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM

You're a Cubs fan??? :eek::(

My deepest sympathies...

FlaGator
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Ginger, you should lock and sticky this thread so the predictions can be tracked through the year.

hampshirebrit
01-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Ginger, you should lock and sticky this thread so the predictions can be tracked through the year.

Sticky it but don't lock it, I'd say. It could be a fun long term 2010 thread. We should be able to add to it and revise our additions.

Personally, I'd say something is going to kick off between Al Quds al Yahudi and Tehran this year. I almost can't see this not happening. Either that, or Tehran will get their precious fuckin' nuke.

Neither is a pretty option. One of them will come to pass, soon.

noonwitch
01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I got one better...It will be the Seahawks and Dolphins in the 2011 Super Bowl.......

At least it is a better prediction than the Cubs. :D

The Cubs will win the World Series the same year the Lions will win the Superbowl. When those two events occur in the same year, I'll know that it is time to start preparing for the rapture!

Lanie
01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
No! I just saw this thread. I wanna go. lol.

Political:

Healthcare reform will be passed. All the ignorant people in Congress will realize that people are falling through the cracks of not qualifying for a stimulus to buy insurance and still not being able to afford it. Mass fines will be handed out with the realization many of these people will go to jail. Obama will ask for amendments to the bill because we either fix the problem or build mass prisons for people who can't buy insurance.

Abortion rights advocates will continue to whine about the compromise and people will continue not to care

Obama will FINALLY start working on the economy. It will improve right before the election.

Meanwhile, there will be Republican politicians coming forward. Their campaign strategy will be to stress that they do not want to be 100% fiscally conservative, that they will work to help improve the economical situation, even if it means some financial assistance. However, those same politicians will point out the stuff that Dems did that were supposedly not necessary (as "pork"). They'll make promises to reduce taxes in areas where the Obama administration and other Dems really raised it.

People want free lunch, but they think somebody else will pay for it. So the Republicans after using this strategy might win back the House and Senate (but the fiscal conservatives will be so pissed).

More states will legalize gay marriage. Then suddenly, all the so called state's rights advocates will be pushing for the federal amendment again after the Republicans get back into office. About this time, gay voters will remind Republican politicians that some of them supported civil unions and that some of them supported letting the states decide. It'll be a complete flip flop from a few years ago.

Non-political:

The UNCG Spartans will become a major basketball team.

CU will be advertised in Superbowl commercials.

Lanie will find a man who doesn't think she's possessed by the devil, will put up with her strong side without being a pushover, and will literally sweep her off her feet.

The weather will get above 30 degrees in the cold front areas, and it won't rain so much. Actually, the rain will come back. Oh well.

Eclipse will come out and not be as popular as New Moon because it's just too soon.

AmPat
01-05-2010, 02:16 PM
There will be no new taxes on people making over $250,000.
Obama will make a good decision.
Michelle will wear something appropriate and classy.
It will be cold in the winters and hot in the summers.
Chicago hosts the special Olympics.
Doctor shortage in the USA.

Rockntractor
12-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Here it is, our predictions fro last year. Shall we see who was right?

Rockntractor
12-30-2010, 11:40 PM
There will be no new taxes on people making over $250,000.
Obama will make a good decision.

Ampat gets a heads up for this one! congrats!:D

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 12:20 AM

No Iranian nuking of Israel, Hamps nails it!

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Barack Obama’s illegal-immigrant aunt, Zeituni Onyango, will not be deported.

You go this one right and a couple others but I'm to lazy to look them up.:D

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Policon will realize the mole he had removed was actually his junk.:eek:

I think this one came true!:eek:

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 12:30 AM

Ha! Dream on!:D

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
The Tea Party candidates. AKA Repubs, will stomp the piss out of the Democrats in the 010 elections.

Yo da man!:D

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Bump.

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 03:22 PM
rebump.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-31-2010, 03:38 PM
A whole lot of people will have too much to drink on Dec 31st.

Rockntractor
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
A whole lot of people will have too much to drink on Dec 31st.

Dude you're confusicated, this is last years thread and we have to see what came true!:confused:

Gingersnap
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Tap water will be the new Pinot Grigio but Red Bull and vodka will remain the old toast and coffee of the hipster set. :D

Okay, this actually happened. :D

AmPat
01-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Yeah, and he has an authentic encounter with Jesus leading to his posting only anti, we-came-from-monkey threads.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Dude you're confusicated, this is last years thread and we have to see what came true!:confused:

I made the same prediction last year! I'm batting 1000!!!!

Odysseus
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
This is too easy:

Obama will publicly move to the right, while governing to the left through regulation. Attempts to expose this in the house, through committee investigations, will be denounced as "racist" and "partisan" by the media.

Obama's approval numbers at the end of 2011 will be:

Strongly Approve: 20%
Somewhat Approve: 10%
No Opinion: 5%
Somewhat Disapprove: 5%
Strongly Disapprove: 60%

The Media will not report these numbers, execpt in comparison to the lowest numbers achieved by any Republican president. Nixon's poll numbers the week before his resignation will become the new standard for failure.

A reality TV star will be arrested for DUI.

Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar will walk off of the View in outrage over something done by a conservative guest.

Lindsey Lohan will be arrested for violating the terms of her probation, and be given more probation.

Gay marriage will be defeated on the ballot in multiple states, after having been imposed by the courts in those states.

A student will be punished for displaying patriotism towards the American flag, and the school board will beat a hasty retreat when the action is publicized.

A terrorist will be caught with explosives packed in a bodily orifice, when he attempts to light a fuse that is sticking out of his a**. He will have gotten the explosives past all airport security, but will have been stopped by passengers. Janet Napolitano will accept this as proof that the "system works" and adjust it accordingly. As a result of the arrest of the "Recta-Bomber", TSA will announce the hiring of over 3,000 airport proctologists for screenings. Flyers will be forced to completely disrobe and board flights in orange jumpsuits, with the exception of Muslim passengers, who will be screened separately, in compliance with their expectations of modesty. The Department of Homeland Security will announce that anyone who has ever attended a tea party event is a potential terrorist.

Obama's birth certificate will surface, and he will be proven to have been born in Hawaii, but his father will turn out to be somone other than Barrack Obama Sr.

Bristol Palin will make to through to the semi-finals on American Idol. Kieth Olbermann will have a stroke on the air when this happens.

MSNBC will be bought out by Rupert Murdoch when their ratings post lower than reruns of What's Happening on TV Land. Murdoch will rename the netork tp "MSFOX" and replace Kieth with Mark Levin, Rachel Maddow with Laura Ingraham and Ed Schultz with the mop from the Swiffer commercials. These changes will result in a massive ratings increase, even for the mop.

A journalist in Moscow who questioned whether Vladimir Putin should have worn white after Labor Day will be found dead in his own apartment from an injection of strontium 90, with over 30 broken bones. This death will be ruled a suicide.

NJCardFan
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Here it is, our predictions fro last year. Shall we see who was right?

Although he got the records wrong, Teetop successfully predicted the Super Bowl teams.

New Orleans and Indy will meet in the Super Bowl as the only two undefeated teams meeting in the Super Bowl.