PDA

View Full Version : "DYNGR,Man That's Racism!"

megimoo
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Personalized license plate owner: It's an ode to Harleys, not racism ("DYNGR")

MUSKEGON COUNTY -- Richard Macaulay is a Harley-Davidson lover through and through.

The Muskegon man said he takes pride in his Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide motorcycle, which he keeps in immaculate condition.

Macaulay said he was shocked to receive a letter from the Michigan Secretary of State's office recently stating that his personalized license plate of seven years had been revoked.

The Secretary of State's office informed the retired factory worker that a complaint from a Muskegon Heights woman had surfaced, claiming the personalized tag was racially insensitive.

The plate reads: DYNGR.

Tiffany Gilmore filed the complaint last month. Gilmore, who is black, believed the plate encouraged racism toward blacks.

Macaulay says the plate, which was renewed every year without objection is an ode to his love of the Harley Davidson brand of motorcycles.

He says it's an abbreviation that blends his two favorite Harleys: The Dyna Wide Glide and the Soft Tail Springer. Over the seven years he had the plate, Macaulay said he never received objections from anyone.

His brother-in-law thought it was an abbreviation for "danger." But, he said, no one ever thought it was racially motivated.

Until last month.

After he received the complaint letter, Macaulay said it took him several minutes to figure out what the fuss was about.

"I don't think that way," he said. "It took me a while to figure it out."

"This lady assumed immediately that I was a racist skinhead," Macaulay said. "There are so many other things going on, like the war. People have nothing better to do than spend their lives being pissed off."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/12/personalized_license_plate_own.html

lacarnut
12-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Just goes to prove that the complainant is a bona fide n!gger

Speedy
12-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey, Obama has not given his peeples no rent money, not gas money, no walkin' aroun' money...o'course a niggah gonna be pissed off abou' sumthin'...sheeeeet!

patriot45
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
At first look I woulda thought Danger, and go no further, I woulda never guessed his acronym though!

djones520
12-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Took me a while to figure out how it could be viewed as racist, even looking for it. I guess some people just go out of their way to be offended.

PoliCon
12-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Took me a while to figure out how it could be viewed as racist, even looking for it. I guess some people just go out of their way to be offended.

I was just sitting here beating my head against the wall asking myself what I was missing . . . . and finally saw it myself. IDIOTIC. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
These pinheadsd are everywhere. I have to buy "nyjer" thistle seed for birds because some idiots decided that the actual name of "niger" would be racist. Because we all know what a hotbed of racisim exists in the backyard birding hobby. :rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
12-12-2009, 12:52 PM
These pinheadsd are everywhere. I have to buy "nyjer" thistle seed for birds because some idiots decided that the actual name of "niger" would be racist. Because we all know what a hotbed of racisim exists in the backyard birding hobby. :rolleyes:

You hunt birds in your back yard? :eek:

lacarnut
12-12-2009, 01:14 PM

Yeow, momma. :eek::)

Bubba Dawg
12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeow, momma. :eek::)

Every now and then she lets something slip.

Poor little birdies. :eek:

AmPat
12-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks fro the brain cramp guys. I wasted 5 minutes of my life because some idiot badly wants to find something to be outraged about. Grow up morons. You cannot legislate EVERTHING and maintain freedom.

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 09:02 PM

No. I feed, water, and provide protected nesting sites for birds in my backyard - including tasty doves.

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Is it for crows. Um just sayin. Never mind me bad

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Is it for crows. Um just sayin. Never mind me bad

No, it's for finches. Why the hell would I want crows in my backyard?

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
No, it's for finches. Why the hell would I want crows in my backyard?

Bird racist!:mad:

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Bird racist!:mad:

You bet I am. Also, there are some feral cats I need to get rid of and 2 of them are BLACK! :eek:

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
You bet I am. Also, there are some feral cats I need to get rid of and 2 of them are BLACK! :eek:

Are yah gunna cook um?

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Are yah gunna cook um?

No. I'm going to use predator scents first. If that doesn't do it then I'll have to trap them. I've been to this rodeo before and it's sad. Feral cats are unadaptable so the shelter just kills them. And I don't even care for cats all that much. :(

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 10:11 PM
No. I'm going to use predator scents first. If that doesn't do it then I'll have to trap them. I've been to this rodeo before and it's sad. Feral cats are unadaptable so the shelter just kills them. And I don't even care for cats all that much. :(
Set an open can of salmon in the street.

AmPat
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Set an open can of salmon in the street.

Salmon don't thrive in cans. All of them I've seen in cans were dead.

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Salmon don't thrive in cans. All of them I've seen in cans were dead.

As will be the cats!

megimoo
12-12-2009, 10:54 PM
These pinheadsd are everywhere. I have to buy "nyjer" thistle seed for birds because some idiots decided that the actual name of "niger" would be racist. Because we all know what a hotbed of racisim exists in the backyard birding hobby. :rolleyes:Best to be careful with that Indian Thistle seed .If that stuff germinates and sprout on the ground you will have one hell of a time getting rid of it !That stuff grows in India into a thicket of bushes with some fierce thorns.

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Best to be careful with that Indian Thistle seed .If that stuff germinates and sprout on the ground you will have one hell of a time getting rid of it !That stuff grows in India into a thicket of bushes with some fierce thorns.

Gosh what a politically incorrect rascist! You mean Native American thistle seed don't you.

Gingersnap
12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Best to be careful with that Indian Thistle seed .If that stuff germinates and sprout on the ground you will have one hell of a time getting rid of it !That stuff grows in India into a thicket of bushes with some fierce thorns.

It's irradiated Moo. No chance of a crop. Now, if only that was true of the corn and the amaranthus!

Rockntractor
12-12-2009, 11:24 PM
It's irradiated Moo. No chance of a crop. Now, if only that was true of the corn and the amaranthus!
I buy chicken scratch and sunflower seeds for the birds. It is a lot cheaper and they like it just fine. Don't take the sack outside so they can read the label though!

noonwitch
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I would have thought it was a euphemism for danger, too.

I can see where a black person might read something else into DYNGR, though.

megimoo
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Gosh what a politically incorrect rascist! You mean Native American thistle seed don't you.No.I mean the India where those big tigers were living .