PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Friday

linda22003
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Cold and sunny in the DC area, likely to be so all weekend.

TOTD: Tiger Woods is in the news in a way he doesn't want to be, and now comes word that Jenny Sanford is filing for divorce from the Governor of South Carolina.
What's more your style, the understated press release, or bashing out SUV windows with a golf club?

noonwitch
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Cold, cloudy and windy. The temp is in the teens, and might hit the 20s at some point.

If I was married to a man who was cheating on me, I'd do as my mother did when she threw my dad out-run to the mall and charge a whole lot of expensive clothing on his credit card before he closes the account.

FlaGator
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
When I got divorced, it was quiet and amicable. I didn't want a divorce but I didn't want to be an ass about it either. We worked things out in private and then got the lawyers involved.

lacarnut
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
cloudy, dreary, 45 degrees here. Another winter day.

TOTD: my divorce was a mutual one. No fighting over material things and no lawyers involved. Hauled ass to Orlando and partied for 2 weeks. Ex tried to get back together but no dice.

patriot45
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I like this one!

TOTD: First divorce- messy, but I got custody of my three kids and all was good!, 2nd divorce- friendly, she got a vehicle, cash and all her debt paid off and visitation rights to my dog!. Third one not scheduled yet! :D

RobJohnson
12-11-2009, 01:02 PM
3 day weekend. A friend was flying in for a mini-vacation and she ended up being really sick. She had to cancel the flight, sounds really bad and has a doctor's appt today. Hopefully she will feel better soon. I still have room reservations in Las Vegas, but don't want to go without her. I feel bad for her. I just had another girl text me and say "take me" but I think I'll pass...

TOTD: Don't get married.

ralph wiggum
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
When I got divorced, it was quiet and amicable. I didn't want a divorce but I didn't want to be an ass about it either. We worked things out in private and then got the lawyers involved.

Ditto. Mostly amicable. I didn't necessarily want a divorce either, but couldn't live with the conditions being put on me. There was no cheating or physical abuse, just a lot of making each other miserable with our behavior.

PoliCon
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
TOTD: On my first marriage and exceedingly happy - as is she. :)

My parents divorce was heading down the road to messy when my mother put the fear of money - more importantly it's lack into him and he gave in on everything she wanted. She had him by the balls and over a barrel and he knew it.

linda22003
12-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I just had another girl text me and say "take me" but I think I'll pass...

Lurkie CAN be a little forward. ;)

RobJohnson
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurkie CAN be a little forward. ;)

LOL!!!!!!!! :p

Gingersnap
12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
We're above freezing! Yay! Champagne powder up the hill.

TOTD: Hmmmm........I'm still on my one and only. While I would be furious to find that Mr. Snaps was an adulterer, we have long and profitable financial relationship and I'm pretty sure whacking him with a golf club would endanger my end of that.

I would be discreet......and devastated. :(

Rockntractor
12-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't speculate on such things. I have more actual problems I am tackling every day.
My wifes health is not good enough to cheat on me and I'm one of those people with that character and conscience crap so it isn't going to happen.

i