PDA

View Full Version : Give Stoopid a Chance

Apocalypse
12-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Give Stoopid a Chance (http://alanburkhart.blogspot.com/2009/12/give-stoopid-chance.html)

By Alan Burkhart

Throughout our history, we have seen the office of the President of the United States occupied by some of the most brilliant and well-educated people on the planet. They come from a variety of backgrounds some from wealthy political dynasties like the Kennedy family, others from relative poverty like Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. Most had a college education. Some, like Zachary Taylor did not. Many also served with honor in the US military.

The same can be said of the 535 members of Congress. Most of them are well-educated, and many hold law degrees. A good number of them are fabulously wealthy.

My thinking in times past is that it was amazing our country could be in such a mess when we have all these supposedly smart people running the show. More recently I have come to the conclusion that things are what they are because of, not in spite of, the geniuses inhabiting the White House and the halls of Congress. We've all seen people with degrees in everything from rocket science to brain surgery who couldn't balance their checkbook or change a flat tire. What we're lacking in Washington is plain old everyday horse sense.

--------------------------------

Please read the rest. Its very good.

http://alanburkhart.blogspot.com/2009/12/give-stoopid-chance.html

Oceander
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I dunno, but I went to law school, twice (LLM - couldn't get enough), and so I can say for sure that, in general, lawyers are amongst some of the stupidest "smart" people I have ever met. That and most of them have a basic personality defect that attracts them to becoming paid professional whiners (that's basically what a lawyer is, someone who goes and whines on behalf of someone else).

AlmostThere
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Neither a borrower nor a liberal beB. Franklin or Shakespeare (Lord Polonius in Hamlet) ?