PDA

View Full Version : Two Muslim women sue McDonalds for not hiring them over Islamic attire

megimoo
07-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Dearborn: Two Muslim women sue McDonalds for $10 million for not hiring them over Islamic attire

"There Should Be Special Rules For These Special People !"

"Your Hijab Is in My Hamburger And Fries Lady !"

Fast food restaurants have employee dress codes not only for appearances, but for hygiene and safety. With that in mind, this case is sounding a lot like the case of the women wanting to wear Islamic attire in a Midwestern tortilla factory.

The local health inspector isn't going to take kindly to long sleeves potentially brushing perishable food, and/or the grill and fryer oil, to say nothing of guidelines for hand-washing (see also: the debate over short sleeves in British hospitals).

"I applied for the McDonald's position maybe two weeks ago and he simply (told me) I had to make a choice and remove my hijab, or I would not be able to establish employment there," Pugh said.

"When I walked away, I was definitely hurt by it and disturbed. I was confused that it could happen here in Dearborn, with so many Muslims," she said.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/021937.php

Odysseus
07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Dearborn: Two Muslim women sue McDonalds for $10 million for not hiring them over Islamic attire
[SIZE="4"]"There Should Be Special Rules For These Special People !"

True, that's why there's a Special Olympics. :D

This is so obviously a ploy for the lawsuit. Imagine if McDonald's had hired them and they had to work the breakfast shift. They'd be suing over having to handle a Sausage McMuffin. Once again, Islamic radicals seek to redefine everyone else's standards to conform to their own.

LibraryLady
07-26-2008, 02:16 AM
The McDonalds in Dearborn is halal.(the equivalent of kosher to Muslims)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Satellite.jpg

expat-pattaya
07-26-2008, 05:22 AM
I respect her right to wear what she wants. This is a free country.

But no one promised her she would always get her WAY. McDonalds also has rights to hire employees that LOOK the way they want.

Screw her. She was probably BORN in the USA. Why in the world is she wearing 9th century arab clothing? :rolleyes:

biccat
07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Screw her. She was probably BORN in the USA. Why in the world is she wearing 9th century arab clothing? :rolleyes:

Probably for reasons like this (http://www.nypost.com/seven/07232008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/an_american_honor_killing_121118.htm).

Stoning is a very strong motivator.

MrsSmith
07-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Employer dress codes are an accepted fact for most employees. If you don't like the dress code, don't apply for the job. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
07-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I respect her right to wear what she wants. This is a free country.
But no one promised her she would always get her WAY. McDonalds also has rights to hire employees that LOOK the way they want.

Ah, that's the problem! Wrong corporation. If she wants to have it her way, she should work at Burger King. "Have it your way" is their slogan. McDonald's is "You deserve a break today." And I wish these clowns would give us one.

Didn't know that particular McDonald's is halal. Even so, the corporate entity handles pork, so some clerics would declare the entire enterprise to be haram (which is the Arabic for "forbidden," the opposite of halal, or "permitted"). Still, that's within the corporation's right. What's not in their right is to relax health and safety codes to accomodate religious sectarianism.

Bubba Dawg
07-26-2008, 09:49 AM

Are these the two women? They look like Shawanda and Latisha to me.

megimoo
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
True, that's why there's a Special Olympics. :D

This is so obviously a ploy for the lawsuit. Imagine if McDonald's had hired them and they had to work the breakfast shift. They'd be suing over having to handle a Sausage McMuffin. Once again, Islamic radicals seek to redefine everyone else's standards to conform to their own.Just wait until they find out that Micky 'D's cooks their french Fry's in a trace of pigs lard for the flavor,spread it around !

One company I know of hired a bunch of Egyptian programmers for a project in Saudi Arabia for Arabic program comments and several of them asked me about where they could buy pure foods and especially pure meat.

I sent they to a local Kosher butcher where they would haggle with the butchers for hours over the prices.The Dietary laws between the Jews and Muslims are very similar !I didn't do the Jewish Butchers any favors they had never been to Israel and had never experienced an angry Muslim intent on getting the better of a Jewish extortionists as they saw the Jewish meat Prices !

FlaGator
07-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Just wait until they find out that Micky 'D's cooks their french Fry's in a trace of pigs lard for the flavor,spread it around !

One company I know of hired a bunch of Egyptian programmers for a project in Saudi Arabia for Arabic program comments and several of them asked me about where they could buy pure foods and especially pure meat.

I sent they to a local Kosher butcher where they would haggle with the butchers for hours over the prices.The Dietary laws between the Jews and Muslims are very similar !I didn't do the Jewish Butchers any favors they had never been to Israel and had never experienced an angry Muslim intent on getting the better of a Jewish extortionists as they saw the Jewish meat Prices !

I wonder what they will do when McDonalds periodically offers their McRib sandwich which is nothing but fried pork shaped to look like ribs.

"You deserve a break today, so get up and get away to McDonalds"

Odysseus
07-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Are these the two women? They look like Shawanda and Latisha to me.
Most American Moslems aren't Arabs, and most Arab-Americans aren't Moslems. Most of the Arabs in the US are exiled Christians from the Middle East, while most American Moslems are African-Americans who have converted.

You are a very bad man... :D

I wonder what they will do when McDonalds periodically offers their McRib sandwich which is nothing but fried pork shaped to look like ribs.
Assuming that the McDonald's in question is Halal, they'll have the beef version. It's all in the fake BBQ sauce, anyway.

I didn't see much American fast food in Iraq, but McDonald's Hardee's and Burger King were all over Kuwait. In fact, I have a PDSS in a couple of weeks and I'll post a few shots.

LibraryLady
07-26-2008, 06:16 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/kfc.jpg

Local teenagers from the Hey Al Dubat area of Fallujah, Iraq, hang out during the afternoon near a Kentucky Fried Chicken July 16. Since the opening nearly seven months ago, the business has flourished and attracts many customers in the nearby area.

Finger Licking Victory-- KFC Opens In Fallujah (Video) (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/07/finger-licking-victory-kfc-opens-in.html)

expat-pattaya
07-27-2008, 05:20 AM
Ah, that's the problem! Wrong corporation. If she wants to have it her way, she should work at Burger King. "Have it your way" is their slogan. McDonald's is "You deserve a break today." And I wish these clowns would give us one.

Didn't know that particular McDonald's is halal. Even so, the corporate entity handles pork, so some clerics would declare the entire enterprise to be haram (which is the Arabic for "forbidden," the opposite of halal, or "permitted"). Still, that's within the corporation's right. What's not in their right is to relax health and safety codes to accomodate religious sectarianism.

Yeah, I know the word Haram. I use it when I see the phoney muslim arabs here in Thailand drinking liquor and groping the thai working girls. They don't like it much but I don't care. :D

Friends tell me of taking flights from Saudi loaded up with devout muslim men in the robes and carrying holy books and shit. By the half way point they are dressed in jeans and drinking scotch.

I freely admit I do not have much respect for most religion but islam is the worst in my opinion. At least most religions get along with others without forcing behavior down your throat.

marinejcksn
07-27-2008, 06:33 AM

Oh snap, the McRib's back? They're for a limited time only!:(

LibraryLady
07-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I know the word Haram. I use it when I see the phoney muslim arabs here in Thailand drinking liquor and groping the thai working girls. They don't like it much but I don't care. :D

Friends tell me of taking flights from Saudi loaded up with devout muslim men in the robes and carrying holy books and shit. By the half way point they are dressed in jeans and drinking scotch.

I freely admit I do not have much respect for most religion but islam is the worst in my opinion. At least most religions get along with others without forcing behavior down your throat.

I lived in Beirut until I was 17. We used to laugh at the airport to see the Saudi woman throw off their chador, jijab or burqa (whatever they called it) to reveal the latest in Parisian fashion and fantastic makeup.
When you ordered breakfast in restaurants the bacon was hidden under the eggs so you could "pretend" it wasn't there.

We have the same thing here.
How do you tell a Methodist from a Baptist? The Methodist will say hello when you run into them at the liquor store.

Phillygirl
07-27-2008, 01:18 PM
If I had to wear the stupid uniform and various stupid seasonal hats (god I hated St. Patrick's Day around the McDonald's drive-through!) then so should they.

Bubba Dawg
07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
If I had to wear the stupid uniform and various stupid seasonal hats (god I hated St. Patrick's Day around the McDonald's drive-through!) then so should they.

Pics??:p..

Bubba Dawg
07-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Most American Moslems aren't Arabs, and most Arab-Americans aren't Moslems. Most of the Arabs in the US are exiled Christians from the Middle East, while most American Moslems are African-Americans who have converted.

You are a very bad man... :D

Assuming that the McDonald's in question is Halal, they'll have the beef version. It's all in the fake BBQ sauce, anyway.

I didn't see much American fast food in Iraq, but McDonald's Hardee's and Burger King were all over Kuwait. In fact, I have a PDSS in a couple of weeks and I'll post a few shots.

A what? (Sorry, I'm non-military.) Sounds like what they used to call R&R. Maybe not.

I hate McRibs. :D

Lanie
07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Freedom of Religion should not equal the right to be a hazard against sanitary hazards. Practice your religion, but keep your veil out of my pop. You can put them on my burgers, but keep them out of my pop.

Lanie
07-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Probably for reasons like this (http://www.nypost.com/seven/07232008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/an_american_honor_killing_121118.htm).

Stoning is a very strong motivator.

Stuff like this makes me seriously reconsider my death penalty stance. I'm currently against it, but I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't make examples out of these people.

SarasotaRepub
07-27-2008, 05:43 PM
These two morons deserve a swift kick in the burka and nothing else...:D

noonwitch
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM

The friend standing behind her could be either a muslim, or just a friend from downtown Detroit.

A lot of the chain restaurants are halal in Dearborn, and elsewhere in the area. The Blimpies by Wayne State is-I eat there a lot, because the owners are really nice. The owner's wife doesn't wear a hijab, though, she wears a hairnet (a definite mark in her favor). McDonald's restaurants are franchises, and owned by individuals, so there is likely some ability for the owners to decide what is and isn't going to be on the menu, or how they are going to find a way to cook their food yet still meet Halal guidlines.

When the ribwich comes back, it'll sell at the Detroit locations, but probably not in Dearborn. Or Bloomfield Hills, either, as I doubt it's kosher.