PDA

View Full Version : Palinís Post Op-ed On Climate Change 3rd Most Read Of The Year

megimoo
12-13-2009, 11:59 AM
An Op-Ed Sarah Palin wrote for the Washington Post, that appeared in the July 14, 2009 edition, entitled The Cap and Tax Dead End, turns out to be the third most read Op-Ed of 2009. The most recent Op-Ed Sarah penned for the august daily, which appeared this past Wednesday, December 9th, entitled Copenhagenís Political Science, clocks in at the 21st most read.

Obviously thatís sort of big news, or at least a significant piece of trivia, as WaPo runs thousands of Op-Eds yearly. This obviously says that when Sarah speaks, people listen, and when Sarah writes, people read. Of course, supporters know that already, and her record shattering books sales, and 1.1 million Facebook supporters that read her every note, certainly attest to Sarahís ability to draw readers in and hold their attention.

As you may remember, when Sarah wrote the Op-Ed in July, the left went berserk, and trotted out known climate scientist, John F.Kerry, who served in Vietnam, to deliver a meager rebuttal, which of course was an epic failure.

This latest Op-Ed though has the entire left all wee-weeíd up! As you know, Sarah has taken on the biggest liar in the whole global warming scam, Al Gore, as well as demanding, for a second time, that Obama take a pass on Copenhagen. This of course has the usual suspects losing their minds, while they perform mental and verbal gymnastics trying to justify their pagan beliefs, in the wake of the global warming hoax being exposed to the general public, with more proof coming out daily.

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/Columnists/A_Time_For_Choosing/PALINS_POST_OPED_ON_CLIMATE_CHANGE_3RD_MOST_READ_O F_THE_YEAR/26382

The 'Cap And Tax' Dead End. By Sarah Palin

There is no shortage of threats to our economy. America's unemployment rate recently hit its highest mark in more than 25 years and is expected to continue climbing. Worries are widespread that even when the economy finally rebounds, the recovery won't bring jobs. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented.

Unfortunately, many in the national media would rather focus on the personality-driven political gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges. So, at risk of disappointing the chattering class, let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be:

I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage.

American prosperity has always been driven by the steady supply of abundant, affordable energy. Particularly in Alaska, we understand the inherent link between energy and prosperity, energy and opportunity, and energy and security. Consequently, many of us in this huge, energy-rich state recognize that the president's cap-and-trade energy tax would adversely affect every aspect of the U.S. economy.

There is no denying that as the world becomes more industrialized, we need to reform our energy policy and become less dependent on foreign energy sources. But the answer doesn't lie in making energy scarcer and more expensive! Those who understand the issue know we can meet our energy needs and environmental challenges without destroying America's economy.

Job losses are so certain under this new cap-and-tax plan that it includes a provision accommodating newly unemployed workers from the resulting dried-up energy sector, to the tune of $4.2 billion over eight years. So much for creating jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/13/AR2009071302852.html

Sheatwole
12-16-2009, 06:47 AM
I absolutely love Schwarzeneggers response that she's only doing this for publicity. Jealousy? I think so...

But, what I love more than that is the following remarks he made about climate change...

Schwarzenegger told ABC that world policymakers do not have to choose between a clean environment and economic growth.

"We've proved that over and over again in California," he said.

Which is true, because policymakers in California don't actually have a choice. Their state is nearly bankrupt, and it's one of the most polluted states in the union. Good Job, Arnie. You've once again proven yourself completely retarded.