PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman Refuses to Vote for Health Bill

megimoo
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Lieberman Rules Out Voting for Health Bill

WASHINGTON ó In a surprise setback for Democratic leaders, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, said on Sunday that he would vote against the health care legislation in its current form.

The billís supporters had said earlier that they thought they had secured Mr. Liebermanís agreement to go along with a compromise they worked out to overcome an impasse within the party.

But on Sunday, Mr. Lieberman told the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, to scrap the idea of expanding Medicare and to abandon the idea of a new government insurance plan, known as a public option. On a...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/health/policy/14health.html?_r=1

expat-pattaya
12-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes.

Last Samurai
12-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Good for old Joe..... he's a bit of a pain in the butt for the most part, but at least he stands up for his claim to be "Independant".

LS

Oceander
12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
I dunno, Sen. Lieberman seems to be one of the few grown-ups left in Congress, if not the entire District of Columbia.

Last Samurai
12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, he's pretty gutsy, fer sure...... and speaks his mind also. Best of all he stuck it to the Dem Party... just when they needed it most.

I'll give him that.

LS

Last Samurai
12-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Frankly, we could use any number of equally as "Independent" Congresscritters on the Hill, as far as I am concerned.

LS