PDA

View Full Version : Cold Tuesday

Rockntractor
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Mostly sunny. Low 18. Highs around 40. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 4 to 9 in the morning.
I'll have to wear 30 pounds of clothes again today.

TOTD: Do you wrap your presents or use gift bags?
This subject should provide hours of fascinating discussion!
Okay so I'm out of ideas.
Sorry!

RobJohnson
12-15-2009, 04:50 AM
We will have another day in the high 50's or low 60's, it will be like the for most of the month.

My mom has a very bad sinus infection and was having trouble breathing. The doctor gave her a breathing treatment and a shot, which he warned might elevate her blood sugar, it did.

TOTD: I like to wrap gifts, but have used gift bags in the past.

Sometimes I wrap the gifts, then put them inside a gift bag.

Gingersnap
12-15-2009, 09:23 AM
We're staying seasonal and clear.

TOTD: I wrap them but they all come out looking like the efforts of a blind toddler on acid. You'd think I could do this since I sew and I never ordinarily have any trouble with spatial tasks. :(

BadCat
12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I gave up many years ago on attempting to wrap anything.

Like Ginger, though I have a scientific / mathematical mind, when I wrap a package, it looks like a cat got into some paper and tape.

I put gifts in bags or gift boxes.

lacarnut
12-15-2009, 02:28 PM
TOTD: I use gift bags. Years ago, as an Assistant Golf Pro, the head Pro got up the bright idea of wrapping golf merchandise for x-mas. He was like a bull in a china closet so I wound up wrapping all the packages and got pretty good at it.

RobJohnson
12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm waiting for Dominos to deliver me an oven baked sandwhich. They are pretty good. Then it's off to work for a night of crazy.

Jumpy
12-15-2009, 03:56 PM
I had windows open, to air things out today. If it is over 40 degrees, I will open windows for an hour or so.
I hate stale heated air.

TOTD: I ROCK at wrapping gifts, if I am in the mood. I buy wrapping and weird cute garnish stuff at yardsales, and use them beside the ribbons that I curl.

I dont give alot of gifts though, so it isnt a day-long project.

aerojarod
12-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm waiting for Dominos to deliver me an oven baked sandwhich. They are pretty good. Then it's off to work for a night of crazy.

Brian: Say "sand".

Stewie: Sand.

Brian: Say "witch".

Stewie: Witch.

Brian: Say "Sandwich".

Stewie: SandwHich.

Brian: Oh, c'mon there's not even an "H" in there!

Shannon
12-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I wrap and use gift bags. I am still the family "wrapper". My father and brothers still bring me all their gifts to wrap for them. I love wrapping presents.:D

Bubba Dawg
12-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I wrap and use gift bags. I am still the family "wrapper". My father and brothers still bring me all their gifts to wrap for them. I love wrapping presents.:D

Never pictured you as a rapper.

I be pretty Gangsta myself. :cool:

TOTD: gift bags. Exclusively.

Rockntractor
12-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I bet when Linda Numbas wraps presents all of the designs and words match perfect on all the seams!

PoliCon
12-15-2009, 10:11 PM
TOTD: Wrap. I'm anal enough that when I'm done mine look like they were professionally wrapped. :cool: My mom started paying me to wrap all the Christmas presents when I was about 12 - even my own. She'd make sure mine were in odd or unmarked boxes though so I wouldn't know what I was wrapping. :D