PDA

View Full Version : Great Conservative Movies

johvale
12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
There is nothing better then when something comes out of Hollywood that does not reek of excrement... The following is a list of some of my more favorite conservative movies of the last 10 years with the exception of one which is from the 1980s, but had to be included.

Red Dawn: Starring Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen. This movie was made to show the Russians what would happen if they dared to invade our country. The movie is FILLED with conservative principles and good old fashioned good guy vs. bad guy mentality. One of the Best. ****

300: Starring Gerard Butler. This movie shows that you can not leave the politicians in charge of defending your homeland. Let those who's life is war take care of the defences... My favorite thing about this movie... It really pissed off the Iranians! ****

The Patriot: Starring Mel Gibson. This movie showed the war for independence for the way that it was. There was no PC version of the British soldiers and it was a feel good movie that was meant to embrace American patriotism. ****

Team America; World Police: From the makers of South Park this extreamely raunchy comedy rips apart and destroys liberal icons such as Michael Moore and the Hollywood cabal. The movie also brings up a very important question which is: If the world wants us to be the police force then they will hate us sometimes. So deal with it. ***

Knocked Up: From Seth Rogan. This movie shows that life is full of responsibility and consequences. If you mess around and get pregnant then you should suck it up and don't take the easy way out with an abortion. A fine movie that has lots of laughs and a good moral background. ***

Thank you For Smoking: Starring Aaron Eckhart. This movie is about lobbists for Tobacco, Alcohol and firearms. It has a great message about big business and a strong libertarian message. It is a great dark comedy that is guaranteed to make those with a very DRY sense of humor laugh out loud. ****

This is a brief set of movies that I truely love. I would like to hear some of your favorites. Please post. Some of us may not have seen some of the movies so post with a brief description so we know what we are getting into.

Gingersnap
12-15-2009, 09:36 AM
"A Man for All Seasons" - Just because Authority and The Man want something, that doesn't make it right.

"Braveheart" - You can't let every move be dominated by the odds of success when your principles are involved.

"A Simple Plan" - If it's wrong in theory, it's wrong in practice.

"The Incredibles" - Good guys sometimes go out of fashion but they are never out of style.

Speedy
12-15-2009, 09:59 AM
The Kingdom A team of FBI agents ignores orders and goes to Saudi Arabia to investigate a terrorist attack at an American base. It showed the face of Islamic terrorism at it's worse and American loyalty and values at it's best. It pulled no punches. Favorite part of the movie was when the FBI Director gets called in by the President's Chief of Staff and is asked for his resignation for sending agents to Saudi Arabia after being ordered not to. He says, in so many words, "Everyone gets fired from this job. I might as well get fired for doing the right thing."

noonwitch
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm a liberal who thought Team America: World Police was a funny movie. Stone and Parker mock everyone, not just liberals-they totally rip on most religions, especially catholicism and scientology.

FlaGator
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show? No matter how much fun the libs my have, in the end the nuts will be returned to the planet that they came from.

Bubba Dawg
12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show? No matter how much fun the libs my have, in the end the nuts will be returned to the planet that they came from.

Never pictured you as a Rocky Horror kinda guy.

Who do you dress up as.......:p

PoliCon
12-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Never pictured you as a Rocky Horror kinda guy.

Who do you dress up as.......:p

Dr. Frank-N-Furter of course. :rolleyes:

I ALMOST played Brad in one production . . . . chickened out though.

Shannon
12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you for smoking was great! I highly recommend that movie.

johvale
12-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Thank you for smoking was great! I highly recommend that movie.

I think it was one of the most dry, witty movies to come out in a long time. must watch it again now.

johvale
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
So I just noticed that they are remaking Red Dawn... From what I understand it will take place in modern times and the Chinese will be the enemy. I wonder if they will stick to the original principals or make it a shit-fest like the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still." That was such a miserable piece of shit that exploited the paranoia of the whole global warming crowd. I am sure in the new Red Dawn it will be the American resistance vs. the Chinese army and giant tornados.

Speedy
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
So I just noticed that they are remaking Red Dawn... From what I understand it will take place in modern times and the Chinese will be the enemy. I wonder if they will stick to the original principals or make it a shit-fest like the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still." That was such a miserable piece of shit that exploited the paranoia of the whole global warming crowd. I am sure in the new Red Dawn it will be the American resistance vs. the Chinese army and giant tornados.

Or they will be showing us the error of our ways.