PDA

View Full Version : vote on healthcare sight unseen

coach
12-17-2009, 02:31 PM
from mitch mcconnell (http://mcconnell.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=320943&start=1)

unbelievable

more at link

Thursday, December 17, 2009

‘And here’s the most outrageous part: at the end of this rush, they want us to vote on a bill that no one outside the Majority Leader’s conference room has even seen. That’s right. The final bill we’ll vote on isn’t even the one we’ve had on the floor. It’s the deal Democrat leaders have been trying to work out in private’

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell made the following remarks on the Senate floor Thursday regarding the importance of getting it right on health care reform:

“Senators on both sides acknowledge that the health care bill we’re considering is among the most significant pieces of legislation any of us will ever consider.

“So it stands to reason that we’d devote significant time and attention to it.

“Indeed, some would argue that we should spend more time and attention on this bill than most — if not every — previous bill we’ve considered.

“The Majority disagrees.

Gingersnap
12-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh, I believe it. It's a 'plausible deniability' strategy.

Apache
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
They will learn their lesson in 2010. I pray to GOD this thing dies before that...

coach
12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
They will learn their lesson in 2010. I pray to GOD this thing dies before that...

really. although since it doesnt really DO anythign for years, it will be more easily dismantled if it does.

PoliCon
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I had a tool from Sen Bob Casey's office tell me today that Mr. Casey reads each and every bill he votes for. I laughed at him.

Apache
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
really. although since it doesnt really DO anythign for years, it will be more easily dismantled if it does.There you are wrong, the taxes will be applied immediately, THREE YEARS before services start. They won't set that money aside for healthcare either, they will spend it, they always do;)

Apache
12-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I had a tool from Sen Bob Casey's office tell me today that Mr. Casey reads each and every bill he votes for. I laughed at him.

I cannot believe how out of touch this government has become. Aren't they even looking out the window anymore?