PDA

View Full Version : "Man These Brain Dead Liberals Crows Sure Are Mentally Challenged !"

megimoo
12-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Sen. Lincoln: "Congress Can Force Americans to Buy Health Insurance Because Constitution ‘Charges Congress With the Health’ of the People".video.

Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) told CNSNews.com that Congress has the authority to force individual Americans to buy health insurance because the U.S. Constitution “charges Congress with the health and well-being of the people.”

The words “health” and “well-being” do not appear anywhere in the Constitution.

The Congressional Budget Office has determined that in the entire history of the United States the federal government has never mandated that Americans buy any good or service. Both the House and Senate health care bills, however, include provisions that require all legal residents of the U.S. to purchase health insurance, a provision whose constitutionality has been qiuestioned by, among others, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R.-Utah), the former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

At a press conference on Capitol Hill, CNSNews.com asked Sens. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) and Blanche Lincoln the following question:

“What part of the Constitution do you think gives Congress the authority to mandate that individuals have to purchase health insurance?”

Lincoln did not answer the question during the press conference but spoke to CNSNews.com in the Dirksen Senate Office Building immediately afterward. CNSNews.com asked her there:

‘You didn’t respond to my constitutionality question during the press conference, and what was your reaction to, your answer to the question?”

“Well, I just think the Constitution charges Congress with the health and well-being of the people,” Lincoln said.

CNSNews.com then asked the Senator:

“So, what area though? You’re saying the health and well-being. What area, though, does that fall under?”

“The health and well-being of the people of the country,” she replied.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/58650

samurai
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
You can't expect someone who has never read the Constitution to, like, ya'know, know what it says...

Apache
12-18-2009, 10:58 AM
It's not about "health and well-being", it's a power grab plain and simple...

NJCardFan
12-18-2009, 11:20 AM
This is amazing albeit predictable. These people have no clue about the document they took an oath to "protect and defend". Funny thing, though, is that it almost sounds like Lincoln wants to say, "We're you're parents and we know what's best for you."

megimoo
12-18-2009, 02:24 PM
This is amazing albeit predictable. These people have no clue about the document they took an oath to "protect and defend". Funny thing, though, is that it almost sounds like Lincoln wants to say, "We're you're parents and we know what's best for you."GOD forbid !!

Last Samurai
12-19-2009, 04:39 PM
God might forbid, but giving up our right to self determination (often called "freedom") to the will and the "expert opinions" of our elected Nobility is what we are apparently more than willing to do (or to allow to happen) in this Country.

Once again the productive of the citizenry will be forced (taxed) to "provide" for the non-productive of us.

Does the last election demonstrate that that the non-productive and those whose rice bowls depend on the care and feeding of those non-productive citizens now outnumber the productive?

We have now arrayed against us a coalition of "Moochers", "Caregivers" and Government "Looters". The numbers start to speak for themselves. I surmise, then, that the producers will be reverted to nothing more than a cash cow that the "Looters" will milk for every cent of their hard earned money to provide a living for the "Moochers" and the "Caregivers" thereof.

Now ain't that just ducky?

LS

Swampfox
12-21-2009, 01:27 AM
If the system works, ultimately the Supreme Court will declare the individual mandate unconstitutional. Let's hope the system works because the other two branches of government are currently broken.

megimoo
12-21-2009, 01:45 AM
If the system works, ultimately the Supreme Court will declare the individual mandate unconstitutional. Let's hope the system works because the other two branches of government are currently broken.
It will come down to the people to decide what they are willing to suffer and put up with .So far they have been eminently reasonable and tolerant but a single spark,an ill considered move, could start an avalanche of unease and revolt .

I fear the people have lost the spirit of our founders and have become as sheep hoping to avoid turmoil and confrontation with those in power.Thomas Paine wrote of such as these who would suffer any indignity or assault on their GOD given freedoms to avoid insurrection and bloodshed .

Speedy
12-21-2009, 03:16 AM
It will come down to the people to decide what they are willing to suffer and put up with .So far they have been eminently reasonable and tolerant but a single spark,an ill considered move, could start an avalanche of unease and revolt .

I fear the people have lost the spirit of our founders and have become as sheep hoping to avoid turmoil and confrontation with those in power.Thomas Paine wrote of such as these who would suffer any indignity or assault on their GOD given freedoms to avoid insurrection and bloodshed .

I agree. Look at who keeps getting re-elected. Murtha, Rangel, Dobbs, Frank Pelosi. Look at who got elected President. Obama, for Christ's sake. Why? Why the fuck did Obama get elected? Because he is Black? Seriously, is there any other reason why he got elected? I guess people who call him an Affirmative Action President are right. Cause he sure didn't get in on his qualifications (there aren't any) and if not for being Black, he would not have this job. Isn't that how Affirmative Action works. When you can find no other merit that qualifies one applicant over another, use race?

NJCardFan
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I agree. Look at who keeps getting re-elected. Murtha, Rangel, Dobbs, Frank Pelosi. Look at who got elected President. Obama, for Christ's sake. Why? Why the fuck did Obama get elected? Because he is Black? Seriously, is there any other reason why he got elected? I guess people who call him an Affirmative Action President are right. Cause he sure didn't get in on his qualifications (there aren't any) and if not for being Black, he would not have this job. Isn't that how Affirmative Action works. When you can find no other merit that qualifies one applicant over another, use race?

Strangely, the figure black America holds up as the catalyst of the Civil Rights movement is probably rolling around in his grave at the notion of Affirmative Action.

Speedy
12-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Strangely, the figure black America holds up as the catalyst of the Civil Rights movement is probably rolling around in his grave at the notion of Affirmative Action.

My view of affirmative action has always been, "See? We were right. You ARE too stupid to make the regular standard. "