PDA

View Full Version : New Toy in HampshirebritLand

hampshirebrit
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Couldn't resist it (wanted a machine in the kitchen and for leisure travel).

13" MacBook Pro. It's a little honey! The shell is a single block of carved aluminum. It weighs next to nowt.

Che bella, bella machina!!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/hampshirebrit/DSC01810.jpg

Synching with the Mac Mini media center in the other room:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/hampshirebrit/DSC01794.jpg

Happy Christmas to me !!! :D

Speedy
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice. But I'm a PC.

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/hodgman_1.jpg

Apache
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Nice. But I'm a PC.

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/hodgman_1.jpg

LOL

Apache
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Congrats on your purchase Hammy :)

FlaGator
12-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have charity account set up so that we can donate to get you a real computer?

SarasotaRepub
12-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have charity account set up so that we can donate to get you a real computer?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The kitchen looks good! :D

Rockntractor
12-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Sweet!:D

hampshirebrit
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM

My poor deluded friend. You obviously live in a different universe to me ... a horrid, Bill Gatesian monochromatic are-you-sure/please-wait pee-cee version of the real thing, to be even able to think of posting that.

God uses a Mac. You have to know this, surely. Doesn't everyone know this? :D

Rockntractor
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM
My poor deluded friend. You obviously live in a different universe to me ... a horrid, Bill Gatesian monochromatic are-you-sure/please-wait pee-cee version of the real thing, to be even able to think of posting that.

God uses a Mac. You have to know this, surely. Doesn't everyone know this? :D

Perhaps the apple is the forbidden fruit!

hampshirebrit
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The kitchen looks good! :D

I love it. The recent acquisition is right behind the Mac ... Kitchen Aid Artisan food processor. This is shaping up to be the best (and by far the most expensive) December I've had for years. Just watching it all come together and giving it a nudge when needed to keep it all on track, has been a real eyeopener for me, very mind expanding and exciting in its own way.

I'm intending to do a lot of work in this place, as cooking is a major interest of mine. It's somehow managed to come out both good looking and very functional. I'm quite surprised to be truthful. It's a bit over budget, but I'm only gonna do this once, in this house at least, so I've decided to put in the extra to make sure I get it right first time.

hampshirebrit
12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Perhaps the apple is the forbidden fruit!

Ha ... very good, sir, well observed. :p

Bubba Dawg
12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Nicely done Hamps.

And the kitchen looks great.

Rockntractor
12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
What are you buying next?

hampshirebrit
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM

That'll be gas, groceries, beer and wine, for quite a while. I need to let my finances regenerate. All the major work is completed, I finally got family Christmas presents sorted out and had a dinner party tonight so I'll be taking a break from spending on new stuff. I'm planning a lot of work on the rest of the house next year, so I'll start building up a fund-base.

I gotta tell ya, it's been major fun spending this much money in this short a period of time. Other than a couple of major vehicle purchases, it's not something I've done that often. I could definitely get used to it; it's quite a buzz :D

lacarnut
12-20-2009, 02:37 AM
That'll be gas, groceries, beer and wine, for quite a while. I need to let my finances regenerate. All the major work is completed, I finally got family Christmas presents sorted out and had a dinner party tonight so I'll be taking a break from spending on new stuff. I'm planning a lot of work on the rest of the house next year, so I'll start building up a fund-base.

I gotta tell ya, it's been major fun spending this much money in this short a period of time. Other than a couple of major vehicle purchases, it's not something I've done that often. I could definitely get used to it; it's quite a buzz :D

Looking good. Spending money on your house is not only a lot of fun but a great investment. I am thinking about selling my house and doing a complete restoration on another one. It was a 2 year project.

RobJohnson
12-20-2009, 08:23 AM

New tires for his double wide, all the marble is heavy! :D

expat-pattaya
12-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey, don't let the "apple envy" folks get to you. You done GOOD. :D

BTW, I love the under shelf lighting in your kitchen. Love the kitchen in fact. Nice red.

Rockntractor
12-20-2009, 09:48 AM
New tires for his double wide, all the marble is heavy! :D

Nah you always end up selling the axles and tires to pay bills. I traded two of mine for a troy built tiller.
You just put more blocks underneath to support the area thats what I did when I built the concrete box for the stove insert.

RobJohnson
12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Nah you always end up selling the axles and tires to pay bills. I traded two of mine for a troy built tiller.
You just put more blocks underneath to support the area thats what I did when I built the concrete box for the stove insert.

I remember years ago a group of guys that went around buying axles, do they still do that?