PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Saturday

PoliCon
12-19-2009, 02:09 AM
IT'S SNOWING :D

Periods of snow. High 28F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

TOTD: Some people lose their mind trying to find out what their getting for Christmas. I'm not one of those people - but I have several people in my family who are. What are some of the extremes you've gone to in order to hide gift or mislead people so that they're surprised Christmas morning?

RobJohnson
12-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Blizzard in the East. My thoughts and prayers to go out to all of those touched by this.

TOTD: Funny you should mention this, my mom just sent me a text asking "give me a hint, what is in the present that sounds like it has a marble in it?" I told her no hints. To be honest, I have no idea which gift she is talking about.

Over the years I've done the box inside alot of other boxes, and some other creative things with gifts.

A friend of mine told me she has put numbers instead of names on gifts to keep her girls from figuring out what they are getting! She said it's driving them nuts. :D

BadCat
12-19-2009, 12:53 PM
It's WARM & SUNNY.

Gonna make a snowman, Poli?

Bubba Dawg
12-19-2009, 01:13 PM
The snow missed us. We barely got freezing rain and not much of that. It all hit a few miles north of us. Nice.

Temps in the 40's now but windy.

I love Christmas but don't really do much to disguise what a person is getting.

Gingersnap
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
It's nice out here but there might be some snow tomorrow. Minor stuff only.

TOTD: I'm not one of those people and I don't really understand those people. I've never made any attempt to hide presents. I just tell Mr. Snaps to stay out of my room if I have something in there that isn't wrapped.

lacarnut
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Sunny and around 50

TOTD: We drew names at work. My good friend would go bonkers if she could not figure out who had pulled her name. One year I drew someone I did not like so I said oops, I got my own name, put it back and got her name.

xavierob82
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
We're buried in snow here in DC, everything's closed, the place is a ghost-town. Thankfully, the snow is tapering off after an all day snowfall.

Which sucks, because I'm supposed to fly back home to Boston on Monday!:eek:

Rockntractor
12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
We're buried in snow here in DC, everything's closed, the place is a ghost-town. Thankfully, the snow is tapering off after an all day snowfall.

Find a nice bar and enjoy your rest.

xavierob82
12-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Find a nice bar and enjoy your rest.

Can't. There's a row of bars and clubs about 2 blocks from where I live, and normally the place is buzzing with activity on Saturday night. But not tonight. Everything is closed.

Rockntractor
12-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Can't. There's a row of bars and clubs about 2 blocks from where I live, and normally the place is buzzing with activity on Saturday night. But not tonight. Everything is closed.

What a bummer!

Big Guy
12-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Pretty cold here, freezing rain and sleet.

We don't get too hung up on hiding gifts, just wrap them and put them under the tree.

Hey Rock, 8,000 posts, woot.:D

PoliCon
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
It's nice out here but there might be some snow tomorrow. Minor stuff only.

TOTD: I'm not one of those people and I don't really understand those people. I've never made any attempt to hide presents. I just tell Mr. Snaps to stay out of my room if I have something in there that isn't wrapped.

You have separate rooms? :eek:

PoliCon
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM

too bad the assholes at the capital weren't closed. :mad: