PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Crap! I Overslept.

Bubba Dawg
12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Bleary-eyed on the Mountain. The temp now is 34 degrees with broken cloud cover and wind.

I usually wake up without the benefit of an alarm clock so on the weekend I usually don't set one. Well, I just woke up so there goes that.

I stayed up late watching the Saints play like Heathens and be defeated by the Cowboys. I also had one, or two, adult beverages. I made the mistake of mixing the fruit of the vine with beverages made from grain. I think I may remember drinking a small glass of Creme de Menthe thinking it was peppermint schnapps. It's a bit hazy now.

Anyway, the Saints lost. :(

Some games today may be pushed back to a later time because of the weather.

How has the Blizzard of 2009 (one of the stations is actually calling it that) affected you?

TOTD: Are you a morning person? Personally, I am not. At work I usually pretend to be a morning person because people find it annoying.

I would still be asleep were it not for a Murder of Crows, 50 or more, perched in the trees raising Hell this morning right outside our window.

Shannon must have sent them when she saw I was late with the day thread. :eek:

Rockntractor
12-20-2009, 09:53 AM
It's not that late. Shannon gets together with the coven Sunday morning to compare recipes for potions and to sacrifice men that really pissed them off during the week. You are probably safe.

hampshirebrit
12-20-2009, 11:07 AM
We had a snow storm on Thursday night in Teh Yuk. The snow is still on the ground round us at the moment. That's two major snowfalls in the same year (January and now), which is much more like the weather I remember as a kid (bit inconvenient for the warmists).

I can be either a morning or a late night person. There are advantages in both. I go through occasional bouts of insomnia when a lot of stuff is going on in my life, like now, which I'm learning to put to productive use.

I tend to find that people are easier and nicer to interact with very early in the morning ... maybe that's me as well as them. Couple of days ago I made fresh tracks in the new snowfall at 05h30 and went to the supermarket, about 10 minutes walk through the woodland from my house. Amazing the number of people out at that time, dog walkers and shopper, and shop workers, wiling to stop and pass the time.

This snow is all very pretty, but I hope we get no more by Christmas. Snow, ice and Porsches do not mix well for me at all, at all. :(

BadCat
12-20-2009, 11:18 AM
74 and sunny here, hope you all enjoy your snow shovels.

Bubba Dawg
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
The snow line was just north of us. I just got back from town and saw a ton of cars with snow on them headed south.

RobJohnson
12-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm headed to work. It's a co-workers birthday so I'm taking cake!

Day 7 of working 10 in a row.....this might kill me. :D

TOTD: I like early mornings. But my shifts vary daily at work, and it's common to work until after 10 PM only to go back in at 8 AM..that will often make me tired as it's hard to fall asleep right after you get home.

Shannon
12-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I've had a miserable #$%!!! day already. It's cold and sunny here. Yes, Bubba, I sent the crows.

TOTD: What do you think?

Bubba Dawg
12-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I've had a miserable #$%!!! day already. It's cold and sunny here. Yes, Bubba, I sent the crows.

:eek:

Thanks for not sending the bats. I HATE the bats.

....um....prolly not.......:p

Rockntractor
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM

I bet you skip through the house in the morning like a little kid!

Bubba Dawg
12-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I bet you skip through the house in the morning like a little kid!

With a little Shannon Skipping Song.....

Tra...La...La.....:):)