PDA

View Full Version : Seniors Abandoning AARP for Conservative Counterpart

megimoo
12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Apparently feeling betrayed by the AARP's relentless cheer-leading for ObamaCare, seniors are voting with their feet--and their wallets. More than 150,000 people have canceled their memberships since July.

"They don't care about membership.They make their money with their health Care Plan and other services."
AARP:http://products.aarp.org/
"Annual Election Period
Enroll in Medicare Advantage or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan from November 15 - December 31. Visit www.aarphealthcare.com to learn more about insurance products for people age 65+.
The group dismisses the losses and claims to be gaining even more members and membership renewals. But as I noted earlier today, only 16% of seniors think they will be better off with ObamaCare. This makes the AARP's posturing and questionable math difficult to believe.

Seniors are flocking by the thousands to a group called the American Seniors Association (ASA). It is a conservative version of the AARP that actually represents seniors, rather than selling them down the river for the right price with illegal government health care takeovers.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-17412-Macon-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Seniors-abandoning-AARP-for-conservative-counterpart

lacarnut
12-20-2009, 11:48 PM
The AARP rakes in almost a billion a year on the overpriced insurance that they sell to seniors. They get commissions on life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, etc. etc. plus their pathetic mutual funds that in the past have been bottom feeders.

The big money is not in the piddling dues; so, my hope is that seniors will take their insurance business elsewhere. That will really put a damper in the pocket book of the fat cats that manage this sorry outfit.

megimoo
12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
The AARP rakes in almost a billion a year on the overpriced insurance that they sell to seniors. They get commissions on life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, etc. etc. plus their pathetic mutual funds that in the past have been bottom feeders.

The big money is not in the piddling dues; so, my hope is that seniors will take their insurance business elsewhere. That will really put a damper in the pocket book of the fat cats that manage this sorry outfit.I agree.The best place to hit those liberal turds is in their bank accounts.They have always been liberal shills and have hijacked the seniors for years while supporting the evil empire.

Because of Their support for This new Healthcare,medicare destroying,suicide advocating porkbarrel Reid and the Liberals have gives them a huge payback.

They have been 'backstabbing' of seniors for years with their propaganda newsletters. They try to deliver the old, uninformed,confused seniors to the liberal progressive Communist Democrats.

They also offer inflated insurance and investments to those older people who trust them because they falsely claim to represent the older generation.

If we actively speak to and help those older people we know and love to avoid these liberal blood sucking leaches we will go a long way to stopping this liberal political cancer.

lacarnut
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
I agree.The best place to hit those liberal turds is in their bank accounts.They have always been liberal shills and have hijacked the seniors for years while supporting the evil empire.

Because of Their support for This new Healthcare,medicare destroying,suicide advocating porkbarrel Reid and the Liberals have gives them a huge payback.

They have been 'backstabbing' of seniors for years with their propaganda newsletters. They try to deliver the old, uninformed,confused seniors to the liberal progressive Communist Democrats.

They also offer inflated insurance and investments to those older people who trust them because they falsely claim to represent the older generation.

If we actively speak to and help those older people we know and love to avoid these liberal blood sucking leaches we will go a long way to stopping this liberal political cancer.

From what I have read, Medicare Advantage plans (supplementals) will be banned in it's current form. Probably what will happen is that United Health and a few others will be able to sell this type of health care insurance through AARP. This is just my guess because I am of the opinion that big bucks are in it for the few big insurance companies and AARP. Big pharma and big insurance are for this abortion of a bill. We are screwed if this thing passes.

marv
12-21-2009, 07:39 AM
At my age (71) it's not unusual to get their adverts in the mail with a return postcard - postage paid of course. Sometimes I wrap a brick in brown wrapping paper, scotch tape the return postcard to it, and drop it off at the post office.

megimoo
12-21-2009, 07:48 AM
At my age (71) it's not unusual to get their adverts in the mail with a return postcard - postage paid of course. Sometimes I wrap a brick in brown wrapping paper, scotch tape the return postcard to it, and drop it off at the post office.Next time send some 'road kill' !