PDA

View Full Version : Maybe wet maybe dry Tuesday

Rockntractor
12-22-2009, 09:32 AM
54 F | 45 F

Partly Cloudy Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation . I have chances of rain the next three days. If it stays reasonably dry I’ll run the dozer, if it rains I have a customer that needs a patio door put in and some work done on her computer.

TOTD: What Simple Common Sense Thing DON'T People Do That Makes You Nuts?

Gingersnap
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
It's 30 F and the predicted high looks kind of like wishful thinking. We'll get snow today and tomorrow. I haven't looked at the models yet but I'll be following them closely today.

TOTD: Not thinking ahead with the small stuff. You know you have use a key card to get into a building. You have to use it on every freaking door, every time. Well, why not get your card out as you approach the door instead of making the rest of us wait while you search your 15 gallon purse?

You are standing in a checkout line. You know that you will be forced to pay for your items shortly. Why not find your wallet now so you'll have time to make your leisurely perusal of your 18 credit cards without holding the rest of us up?

The list is endless. It's not that I'm a transaction speed demon, either, it's just that 2 seconds of thinking ahead can save a lot of fumbling.

RobJohnson
12-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Nice outside, but a little dark. We might get some rain.

TOTD: This time of day, just about everything pisses me off.

Rockntractor
12-22-2009, 10:23 AM
How about waiting ten minutes in line at a store with four people ahead of me, when it was my turn the girl said that register was closed. I looked over at the other lines and they had at least three people at each one so I left a full shopping cart there and went to walmart. How hard would it have been to tell me when I got in line. The light was on when I started waiting!

NJCardFan
12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
35 today

TOTD: God where to start. When driving but not sure where you are, how about pulling to the side so the motorcade behind you can go their merry way?

If you're driving and see someone you know, why not pull to the side to have a conversation instead of holding everyone up and feeling put out if we beep our horn.

lacarnut
12-22-2009, 11:07 AM
How about waiting ten minutes in line at a store with four people ahead of me, when it was my turn the girl said that register was closed. I looked over at the other lines and they had at least three people at each one so I left a full shopping cart there and went to walmart. How hard would it have been to tell me when I got in line. The light was on when I started waiting!

I would have asked her name and told her that I am going to find a manager. If she had a lick of sense, she would have checked you out. If not, she might not be working there anymore. I have threathened store clerks for crappy service before and they change their tune in a hurry.

Shannon
12-22-2009, 11:31 AM
I left work early to get last minute Christmas shopping done and clean the house before everybody shows up tomorrow. It's freezing here. I'm contemplating buying a pair of gloves while I'm out.

TOTD: I've practically been living at work lately so I haven't had much interaction with the outside world. I think I pretty much hate people though, IIRC.

BadCat
12-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I left work early to get last minute Christmas shopping done and clean the house before everybody shows up tomorrow. It's freezing here. I'm contemplating buying a pair of gloves while I'm out.

TOTD: I've practically been living at work lately so I haven't had much interaction with the outside world. I think I pretty much hate people though, IIRC.

Did they give you a closet at work? For your shoes?

Rebel Yell
12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
TOTD: Bad thing is, this is my wife that does this.

You go to, say, McDonald's drive thru. Pull up to the sign and hear, "Let me look. I don't know what I want." How in the hell do you not know what you want at a fast food joint before you get there? You already know what they have and you know what you like. Where is the break in the thought process?

BadCat
12-22-2009, 11:49 AM
TOTD: Bad thing is, this is my wife that does this.

You go to, say, McDonald's drive thru. Pull up to the sign and hear, "Let me look. I don't know what I want." How in the hell do you not know what you want at a fast food joint before you get there? You already know what they have and you know what you like. Where is the break in the thought process?

She's a woman. You have to ask?

Shannon
12-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Did they give you a closet at work? For your shoes?

I'm working on it. Nobody has a better view of the interstate than me though!:p

linda22003
12-22-2009, 12:35 PM
You go to, say, McDonald's drive thru. Pull up to the sign and hear, "Let me look. I don't know what I want." How in the hell do you not know what you want at a fast food joint before you get there?

When you go about once a year, as I do, you don't know what they have OR what you want. You need time to look at the sign board.

Rebel Yell
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
She's a woman. You have to ask?

I've thrown the woman thing into the conversation about this. My shoulder still hurts. She's a puncher.

Shannon
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
When you go about once a year, as I do, you don't know what they have OR what you want. You need time to look at the sign board.

Then go inside and stand aside until you do know what you want.;)

Shannon
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I've thrown the woman thing into the conversation about this. My shoulder still hurts. She's a puncher.

I like her.

aerojarod
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
TOTD: Self Checkout Lines. Seriously? We've had these things around for what, 10 years now? If you haven't figured out the intricacies of swiping your card, choosing debit or credit, hitting the green button and bagging your purchases at the same time, please go to the 12 items of less line and leave it to us professionals.

linda22003
12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll gladly leave the self-checkout to the "professionals". I refuse to use one. Why should I scan and bag my own groceries? That's like going to a restaurant and cooking your own dinner there. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
12-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll gladly leave the self-checkout to the "professionals". I refuse to use one. Why should I scan and bag my own groceries? That's like going to a restaurant and cooking your own dinner there. :rolleyes:

Because when the self-checkout works, it's about 90% faster than the slacker union clerk.

linda22003
12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
You're all about speed, Ginger, and I'm all about comfort. :)

aerojarod
12-22-2009, 04:20 PM
You're all about speed, Ginger, and I'm all about comfort. :)

What are we talking about again?

Shopping? Cars? Sexual Technique?

Gingersnap
12-22-2009, 04:58 PM
What are we talking about again?

Shopping? Cars? Sexual Technique?

Bandwidth. :p

Rockntractor
12-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Bandwidth. :p
They advertise 360 kbs you sign up for two years and it's actually 36 kbs, what's up with that?

Rockntractor
12-22-2009, 07:35 PM
It didn't rain until the end of the day and then it was only a sprinkle. Now there is one more road and one more culvert in the world.:)

Gingersnap
12-22-2009, 08:28 PM
They advertise 360 kbs you sign up for two years and it's actually 36 kbs, what's up with that?

Fraud?

Bubba Dawg
12-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Cool and clear on The Mountain.

People don't use turn signals. Drives me nuts. It's a safety thing, as in someone hits the brakes in front of you and doesn't signal.

Rockntractor
12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Cool and clear on The Mountain.

People don't use turn signals. Drives me nuts. It's a safety thing, as in someone hits the brakes in front of you and doesn't signal.
In Oklahoma they hit the brakes and half way through the turn they signal. Like you hadn't already figured out what they were planning on doing by then.

Bubba Dawg
12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
In Oklahoma they hit the brakes and half way through the turn they signal. Like you hadn't already figured out what they were planning on doing by then.

Wow. To compensate for people who don't use their turn signals, i leave my left turn signal on all the time.

RobJohnson
12-23-2009, 01:34 AM

I agree.

I do know some that spend minutes looking at the menu, but always order the same thing,

RobJohnson
12-23-2009, 01:35 AM
It didn't rain until the end of the day and then it was only a sprinkle. Now there is one more road and one more culvert in the world.:)

We had rain & wind.

It's cold outside, like 50.

Rockntractor
12-23-2009, 01:42 AM
We had rain & wind.

It's cold outside, like 50.

It's 55 here and tomorrow it will be 60 with a 90% chance of rain. I shouldn't be doing this but I'm hoping for rain. My ass is sore from bouncing up and down on the dozer, I need a donut pillow!

RobJohnson
12-23-2009, 01:43 AM
TOTD: Self Checkout Lines. Seriously? We've had these things around for what, 10 years now? If you haven't figured out the intricacies of swiping your card, choosing debit or credit, hitting the green button and bagging your purchases at the same time, please go to the 12 items of less line and leave it to us professionals.

There is always something that won't scan and just about that time some old guy is trying to write a check, backing up all four of the self checkout lanes.