PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Overhaul: What's in It for the "Politicians, Screw the People?"

megimoo
12-22-2009, 06:57 PM
"The problem with political jokes is they get elected."

...Here is a look at some of the key components...For the first time ever, Americans would be required to carry health insurance. Both bills would require people to do so, and provide subsidies to low- and middle-income families who cannot afford it.

Under the Senate plan, families who make less than $88,200 would be eligible for Medicaid. There are also sweet deals...Nebraska, the state of once-skeptical Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson, would be exempt from paying for Medicaid's expansion, a gift worth $100 million, under the Senate plan.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., also negotiated $600 million in additional Medicaid benefits for his state over 10 years, and Massachusetts would get $500 million in Medicaid help. Louisiana would get $100 million in 2011 from the federal government for Medicaid.

The Senate plan also designates $10 billion for new community health centers.

Both bills call for the creation of exchanges, an insurance marketplace where the uninsured, small businesses and self-employed people can compare prices and plans.

Insurance providers would not be able to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions. Parents would be able to keep their children on their insurance plans until they are much older...

Insurance companies would be required to spend as much as 85 percent of their revenue on health services, up from 70 percent, and will face a bevy of new taxes...

Senate Democrats have included in their bill an excise tax for so-called "Cadillac plans," high-value, generous insurance packages that include luxuries such as no co-payments and deductibles.

Such plans are often sold to companies with older workers and high-risk employees and which, some say, are big cost drivers.

Under the Senate plan, insurance plans whose premiums are more than $8,500 for an individual and $23,000 for a family would be subject to a 40 percent tax.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/HealthCare/obama-praises-senate-bill-americans/story?id=9400609

Speedy
12-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I would love to have a trebuchet loaded with ground up decaying pig carcasses with in range of the Whitehouse rose garden because you know if this atrocity gets signed before Christmas the idiots, and the Kink of Idiots would be there unveiling it as a "gift" to the American people. I'd have a gift for them too.

CorwinK
12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
If this overhaul is the greatest thing for the nation that has ever been like that dems saying...why is it that no one in congress (or the president for that matter) is going to be on this plan?

AmPat
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM
If this overhaul is the greatest thing for the nation that has ever been like that dems saying...why is it that no one in congress (or the president for that matter) is going to be on this plan?

I keep asking this but I never get an answer. I know the answer but I KNOW the turds won't ever be honest about it.

Eagle
12-23-2009, 08:00 PM
There is nothing in it for working people, only the non-productive who expect everything for nothing. It's basically called bribing for votes. You know, keep the inner city masses down and promise them everything for doing nothing to earn it.

PoliCon
12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I wonder how long it will be before they make their first political prisoners as a result of this bill