PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas present for Linda#'s

Rebel Yell
12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Why do we have the letter "C"? The "S" has the sssss sound covered, and the "K" has kuh sound covered. What use is the letter "C"?

What's up with the letter "G"? I get that we need it to make grapes, grypes, and gifts. Why do we need it to make giants, gentlemen, and germs? I though "J" had that covered?

Why is their an exception to every rule when it comes to the english language? If there's exceptions, then is it a rule or just the average?

Why do we ever use the letter "X" to begin a word if it's just gonna make the "Z" sound? As a matter of fact, why even have "X" at all (other than it's just cool to look at)? Couldn't we just use "KS" to make the same sound?

If I were a "K" or "S", I'd be pretty pissed about the waste of opportunities to be used. If it weren't for "C" and "X" "K" would be the second most used letter in the alphabet next to "S". "K" would get alot more play on Wheel of Fortune, too.

Merry Kristmas.

linda22003
12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Why is their an exception to every rule when it comes to the english language? If there's exceptions, then is it a rule or just the average?

Now you're just screwing with me. Coal in YOUR stocking! :cool: