PDA

View Full Version : Festive Friday

linda22003
12-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Merry Christmas! It's especially merry here because the ice storm we were promised does not seem to have materialized. AND because we're having a White Christmas due to last weekend's snowstorm.

TOTD: What was the Christmas morning ritual when you were a kid? Mom and Dad would put a stocking outside my bedroom door, loaded with small toys and goodies to keep me quiet for another hour or so. Dad would get up and put "Joy to the Word" on the stereo, to signal the day had begun. Once I got past the age of five or so, we had to shower, dress, AND have breakfast before presents could be opened - and we still do it that way today. :)

Space Gravy
12-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Merry Christmas!

Windy and rainy in NE Georgia today but fairly warm

TOTD: No plan, we just went with the flow. I can even remember a year or two when we opened presents on Christmas Eve. The one constant was Christmas was always at home. We never travelled for that holiday.

RobJohnson
12-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Merry Christmas

For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey Hampster are you making fancy drinks in that new kitchen today?:D

Bubba Dawg
12-25-2009, 03:28 PM
We sort of played it by ear for Christmas. I grew up in an extended family so I had my grandparents and an uncle in addition to my Mom and Dad. Our Christmases ere always pretty simple. We ate good food and were all together for Christmas. Gifts were opened on Christmas Eve.

Big Guy
12-25-2009, 07:13 PM
We always try to keep it simple. One or two gifts, a good meal and visit with family and freinds. And today I get to watch the Titans play the Chargers, Hooya. :)

Sonnabend
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Hamps isnt a pagan anymore...he's changed to demon worship. Unfortunately, also being a dyslexic, he's in serious trouble ..last night he held a solemn ceremony...and sold his soul to Santa.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Hamps isnt a pagan anymore...he's changed to demon worship. Unfortunately, also being a dyslexic, he's in serious trouble ..last night he held a solemn ceremony...and sold his soul to Santa.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif
:D

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I can't believe this! Another Christmas almost over.:(

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:10 PM
The one tradition I remember from when I was a kid was simple - Aunt Shirley was NOT EVER allowed to host a holiday gathering after the year she microwaved the Christmas turkey. NO LIE.

Big Guy
12-25-2009, 11:14 PM
The one tradition I remember from when I was a kid was simple - Aunt Shirley was NOT EVER allowed to host a holiday gathering after the year she microwaved the Christmas turkey. NO LIE.

Thats not so bad, I didnt thaw my first one out before I cooked it. It was golden brown and a thing of beauty, until we attempted to cut it. It was still frozen solid in the middle. :D

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Thats not so bad, I didnt thaw my first one out before I cooked it. It was golden brown and a thing of beauty, until we attempted to cut it. It was still frozen solid in the middle. :D

have you ever seen or tried to eat microwaved meat? I'll take a frozen turkey over a microwaved one.

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:22 PM
have you ever seen or tried to eat microwaved meat? I'll take a frozen turkey over a microwaved one.

What did you do all day?

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:26 PM
What did you do all day?

made rounds. Had 4 different places we had to visit. But I did manage to save myself from having to spend the morning at her sisters while her 'children' opened presents. :cool:

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:28 PM
made rounds. Had 4 different places we had to visit. But I did manage to save myself from having to spend the morning at her sisters while her 'children' opened presents. :cool:
That's kind of fun if they are little ones and not to spoiled!

Big Guy
12-25-2009, 11:30 PM

Either way it's a bad turkey. Fortunately I have learned how to cook since then. :D

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:33 PM
That's kind of fun if they are little ones and not to spoiled!

even if they aren't spoiled - they're LOUD.

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Either way it's a bad turkey. Fortunately I have learned how to cook since then. :D

See when I was learning how to cook - I READ COOKBOOKS :p it helps

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Reynolds oven cooking bags for turkey. Perfect turkey every time. Perfect anything every time and it saves time on cleanup

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Reynolds oven cooking bags for turkey. Perfect turkey every time. Perfect anything every time and it saves time on cleanup

meh. Save the money. What you do is cook the damn thing on the breast. won't be a sit it on the table whole kinda bird - but it will be succulent and juicy.

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:36 PM
even if they aren't spoiled - they're LOUD.

Yeah I know, when you don't have crumb crunchers it's annoying!

SarasotaRepub
12-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Whew, last of the company is gone! :D

Another Christmas come and gone!!

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:42 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/santa_relaxing.jpg?t=1261802504

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah I know, when you don't have crumb crunchers it's annoying!

Don't get me wrong - I love em to death - I just prefer to arrive after the dust has settled.

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Don't get me wrong - I love em to death - I just prefer to arrive after the dust has settled.

I know just what you mean.

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I know just what you mean.

and how did you spend the holiday?

Rockntractor
12-25-2009, 11:55 PM
and how did you spend the holiday?

I cut up cured smoked meat all morning to put in the dehydrator and this afternoon I cut and split firewood. We got snowed in because of the blizzard.

PoliCon
12-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I cut up cured smoked meat all morning to put in the dehydrator and this afternoon I cut and split firewood. We got snowed in because of the blizzard.

no carol singing?

Rockntractor
12-26-2009, 12:04 AM
no carol singing?

I have been listening to Christmas music for two weeks now. I especially enjoy the celtic woman. We have their Christmas DVD and watched it a couple times. I ordered the Interior castle CD but it didn't come on time. They are an excellent vocal group and we will be ready for next year.

PoliCon
12-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I have been listening to Christmas music for two weeks now. I especially enjoy the celtic woman. We have their Christmas DVD and watched it a couple times. I ordered the Interior castle CD but it didn't come on time. They are an excellent vocal group and we will be ready for next year.

I have over 3000 Christmas music MP3s that I downloaded years ago so I just set the comp on mix - plug in the BOSE and enjoy the music. :)

hampshirebrit
12-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Hey Hampster are you making fancy drinks in that new kitchen today?:DNo, we're at my mother's place for the festivities. No dishwasher :eek: