PDA

View Full Version : "Baucus is Drunker Than a Skunk On The Senate Floor"

megimoo
12-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Senator Max Baucus Drunk / Intoxicated on Senate Floor - Shouts Down Wicker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X5ggxzA&sns=fb
Baucus is drunker than a skunk, but I'm just as upset as him railing on the Republicans not being "Bi-Partisan" on healthcare. Other than that, funny (and sad sad sad) stuff.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2415423/posts

lacarnut
12-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I do not understand why another Senator did not interrupt him and accuse him of being drunk. That what pisses me off about Repubs; they have no backbone and do not want to insult one of their Dummy frat brothers.

Apache
12-26-2009, 03:48 PM
He knows that the Dems are going up in flames come November, he just wishes that a few Rebups would join in the fire... :rolleyes:

Apache
12-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I do not understand why another Senator did not interrupt him and accuse him of being drunk. That what pisses me off about Repubs; they have no backbone and do not want to insult one of their Dummy frat brothers.

Agreed...

megimoo
12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I do not understand why another Senator did not interrupt him and accuse him of being drunk. That what pisses me off about Repubs; they have no backbone and do not want to insult one of their Dummy frat brothers.You don't interrupt a 'Brother Senator' Even when he is making an ass of himself unless you're an low class ass yourself like Frankin.

Kennedy did this kind of thing for years especially after a 'liquid lunch' and a waitress' sandwich with his drinking buddy Senator Dodd !

"He probably knows that he is 'dead meat' and I suspect That he will announce his retirement soon ?"

FlaGator
12-26-2009, 04:31 PM

I can't remember who said this but I heard once heard something like this, when you enemy is destroying himself the best thing to do is to let him.

lacarnut
12-26-2009, 04:32 PM
You don't interrupt a 'Brother Senator' Even when he is making an ass of himself unless you're an low class ass yourself like Frankin.

Kennedy did this kind of thing for years especially after a 'liquid lunch' and a waitress' sandwich with his drinking buddy Senator Dodd !

"He probably knows that he is 'dead meat' and I suspect That he will announce his retirement soon ?"

I am talking about permission to speak or a point of order which is within the rules. Not just barging in like a bull in a China closet.

If he does run, his opponent should run this video with the caption "we can be glad that the good Senator did not hit anything if he drove home".

megimoo
12-28-2009, 05:38 AM
This video of Democratic Senator Max Baucus during the debate on the Democrats' health care takeover is all over the web. Most observers say that Baucus was drunk. We report, you decide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X5ggxzA&feature=player_embedded
snip
What is most interesting to me is how close he comes to articulating the Democrats' real complaint against Republican Senators: they are traitors to their class, i.e., the political class.

The Democrats' health care takeover will hurt the American people but vastly expand the power of the political class.

Hence Baucus's outrage at Republicans who voted based on "political considerations," which is to say, they sided with the people against their would-be masters.

In Vino Veritas!......."In Wine There Is Truth !"

coach
12-28-2009, 10:02 AM

when an opponent is hanging himself, you give them rope, not take it away

PoliCon
12-28-2009, 11:05 AM

And miss out on video like this? :rolleyes:

Speedy
12-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Why stop him? He had his own gasoline that he poured over himself and his own lighter.

lacarnut
12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Why stop him? He had his own gasoline that he poured over himself and his own lighter.

Although that is true, the fact remains the Repubs are a bunch of spineless wimps.

Speedy
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Although that is true, the fact remains the Repubs are a bunch of spineless wimps.

The whole lot of Congress is a pack of spineless douche bags. In a couple of months all of Congress along with the President and Vice President will all be gathered up in one place for the State of the Union. Terrorists could take all of them hostage and less than half of the citizenry would actually be willing to give a shit.

I would love to be the negotiator during such a crisis. "I'm sorry, we don't negotiate with terrorists. But since this is an unprecedented event I will make an exception. First of all can you assure us that this is not a hoax? I don't know, maybe kill a few hostages to prove that you are serious? Which ones? Give me a minute, I'll come up with a list. No, that is unacceptable. You are the one who took hostages now prove you are serious by killing a few or don't you have the balls? I'm beggining to think that you don't have the balls! I dare you! I double dog dare you to kill a few of the hostages. Just wait for the list!"

Nubs
12-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Max sounds like Gabby Johnson from Blazing Saddles

"Authentic frontier gibberish"

"Authentic frontier gibberish" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U)

AmPat
12-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Interesting statement Baucus. You stated that the Republicans you thought you had were "pressured" by their party to side with the GOP. Let me pose a simple question to you.

If the GOP pressured these Senators and 40% voted "NO" to this idiotic bill, what percentage voted "For" it? Was this 60% "pressured" by your party or were they merely doing what they always do, vote party line regardless the cost?:eek:

BTW, it's hard to tell the difference when these DIMWITocRAT Sinators are drunk. They sound equally stupid in both conditions.:cool:

stsinner
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I now understand how Dems can possibly think, act and vote the way they do!