PDA

View Full Version : Spotify's Top 100 Songs of the Year...

megimoo
12-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Spotify:
1. I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82uCymLmxI&feature=related
2. Right Round – Amended Album Version by Flo Rida
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCw1ggftuQ&feature=PlayList&p=BCCC8F2F198B49F6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30
3. Sexy Bitch (Featuring Akon;explicit) by Akon, David Guetta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44BaNNDNTQ
4. Poker Face by Lady Gaga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_de3C3Pkb8Q
5. Halo by Beyoncé
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVUHWCynig
6. Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhXHvRoUd0
7. Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90
8. Ayo Technology by Milow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9IchvpOPk
9. When Love Takes Over (Feat.Kelly Rowland) by Kelly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwHmvPPmMtoRowland, David Guetta
10. Kids by MGMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEOZCcaXzE
11. Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson, Andrae Crouch
12. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
13. Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon
14. Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé
15. If I Were A Boy by Beyoncé
16. We Made You – Single Version by Eminem
17. 21 Guns by Green Day
18. Infinity 2008 – Klaas Vocal Edit by Guru Josh Project
19. Fix You by Coldplay
20. Paper Planes by M.I.A.
21. Not Fair by Lily Allen
22. Live Your Life – Explicit Album Version by T.I.
23. Love Story by Taylor Swift
24. Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit) by Michael Jackson
25. Losing You by Dead by April
26. Beautiful by Akon, Colby O’Donis, Kardinal Offishall
27. Hotel Room Service by Pitbull, Jim Jonsin
28. LoveGame by Lady Gaga
29. Dead And Gone [feat. Justin Timberlake] – Explicit Album Version by T.I.
30. Svennebanan by Promoe
31. Fire Burning by Sean Kingston, RedOne
32. Closer by Kings Of Leon
33. Clocks by Coldplay
34. Paparazzi by Lady Gaga
35. Knock You Down by Kanye West, Keri Hilson, Ne-Yo
36. Human by The Killers
37. Hot N Cold by Katy Perry
38. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) by Lady Gaga
39. Mayhem by Lorentz & M.Sakarias
40. Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) by A.R. Rahman, The Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger
41. I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
42. Black Or White by Michael Jackson
43. Heartless by Kanye West
44. Beautiful by Eminem
45. Fuck You by Lily Allen
46. When It Was Good by Flipsyde
47. The Scientist by Coldplay
48. Time To Pretend by MGMT
49. She Wolf by Shakira
50. My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
51. Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] – Explicit Album Version by Jay-Z
52. Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback
53. Free Fallin’ – Live at the Nokia Theatre by John Mayer
54. Billie Jean – Single Version by Michael Jackson
55. Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson
56. Rap Das Armas – Lucana Radio Edit by Cidinho & Doca
57. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
58. Womanizer – Main Version by Britney Spears
59. The Girl And The Robot by Röyksopp
60. Run This Town [Jay-Z + Rihanna + Kanye West] – Explicit Album Version by Jay-Z
61. Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon
62. Love Sex Magic – Main Version by Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake
63. Basket Case by Green Day
64. Crack A Bottle – Edited Version by Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
65. The Fear by Lily Allen
66. Ambitions by Donkeyboy
67. Just Dance by Colby O’Donis, Lady Gaga
68. Misery Business by Paramore
69. Keep You Much Longer by Akon
70. I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
71. 17 år by Veronica Maggio
72. Mockingbird by Eminem
73. Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf, Lil Wayne
74. In For The Kill by La Roux
75. How You Remind Me – LP Mix by Nickelback
76. Yellow by Coldplay
77. The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring
78. Kiss Me Thru The Phone by Soulja Boy Tell`em, Sammie
79. Numb by Linkin Park
80. Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
81. I Want You Back by Michael Jackson, Jackson 5
82. Sugar – feat. Wynter by Flo Rida
83. Bulletproof by La Roux
84. Battlefield – Main Version by Jordin Sparks
85. Dance With Somebody – Radio Version by Mando Diao
86. The Climb by Miley Cyrus
87. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
88. The Boy Does Nothing by Alesha Dixon
89. Supernova by Mr Hudson, Kanye West
90. Rockstar by Nickelback
91. Electric Feel by MGMT
92. I Know You Want Me [Calle Ocho] – Radio Edit by Pitbull
93. Hurtful by Erik Hassle
94. Summer Of ‘69 by Bryan Adams
95. Down by Jay Sean, Lil Wayne
96. Om du lämnade mig nu by Miss Li, Lars Winnerbäck
97. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyoncé
98. Evacuate The Dancefloor by Cascada
99. The Funeral by Band of Horses
100. Bad by Michael Jackson
http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/spotifys-100-most-listened-songs-year/

djones520
12-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Not a thing on that list that I'd wanna listen to. What a sad year for music.

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 01:30 PM

You can always tell the state of a culture based on what the call art. I call the above great steaming piles of shit.

FlaGator
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
You can always tell the state of a culture based on what the call art. I call the above great steaming piles of shit.

Our parents probably said the same things about our music... The more things change the more things stay the same.

I realized I was getting older the first time I heard a popular song and said "Gosh, what is that crap." I time tripped back to the first time I played the album 'Killer' by Alice Cooper and my dad said "You don't spend the money I gave you on that crap did you?"

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Our parents probably said the same things about our music... The more things change the more things stay the same.

I realized I was getting older the first time I heard a popular song and said "Gosh, what is that crap." I time tripped back to the first time I played the album 'Killer' by Alice Cooper and my dad said "You don't spend the money I gave you on that crap did you?"

I think you're right.

I love to play albums and it's amazing how, on even good classic rock albums, there are so many not-so-great songs. I think I tend to remember the best and forget about the worst.

But then I saw Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana on The List and a Miley Cyrus song was ahead of it.

86. The Climb by Miley Cyrus

I can't really explain why Smells Like Teen Spirit was on the list. Was it re-released? If so, why?

But even so, Miley Cyrus finishing ahead of it? :eek:

That's End of the World stuff right there.

hampshirebrit
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Spotify itself is the dog's bollocks, regardless of the top 100 playlist.

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 06:56 PM

My mother used to listen to the exact same music we did - and we listened to her music too so that doesn't fly. :p

truth be told though as I get older my tastes in music drift more and more to the past. I love me some big band music :)

djones520
12-27-2009, 07:08 PM
My mother used to listen to the exact same music we did - and we listened to her music too so that doesn't fly. :p

truth be told though as I get older my tastes in music drift more and more to the past. I love me some big band music :)

I mostly listen to the music of my parents generation as well. The vast majority of today's crap I can do without.

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Okay, I've ot to think about this generational thing. I listen to just about any kind of music, from any time, but the music that was popular when I was a young teen til I was in my early 20's does have a special place in my heart and Looms Large in My Legend.

I also listened to what was available on the radio. South Georgia didn't have a whole lot of radio stations so I was a bit captive to what was played in the market. But there were country stations, top 40 stations for pop/rock, and honest-to-God Soul Stations that played black music and blues.

There was also this weird FM band on the dial where you'd hear whole albums and stuff like that.

Great times.

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I mostly listen to the music of my parents generation as well. The vast majority of today's crap I can do without.

Well I wouldn't say the music of my parents generation . . . . I mean disco? come on!:rolleyes: My grandparents though that's a different story.

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Well I wouldn't say the music of my parents generation . . . . I mean disco? come on!:rolleyes: My grandparents though that's a different story.

Disco is to music what herpes is to sex.

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Disco is to music what herpes is to sex.

If that's the case then Rap must be aids and country - the clap. :rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
If that's the case then Rap must be aids and country - the clap. :rolleyes:

Can't get into rap, but traditional country is cool and bluegrass is mighty fine.

Jumpy
12-27-2009, 07:22 PM

We are getting old...:mad:

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Can't get into rap, but traditional country is cool and bluegrass is mighty fine.

like I said - THE CLAP. :p

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 07:29 PM
like I said - THE CLAP. :p

Oh man, you've never had the opportunity to hear good ole country music in a gen-u-ine honky tonk.

Let's take a road trip. You'll be changed forever.

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh man, you've never had the opportunity to hear good ole country music in a gen-u-ine honky tonk.

Let's take a road trip. You'll be changed forever.

Actually - my grandfather played banjo professionally and recorded with several big names in the industry. I've heard more than I care to. It's the CLAP. :p

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Actually - my grandfather played banjo professionally and recorded with several big names in the industry. I've heard more than I care to. It's the CLAP. :p

Okay Poli, to each his own I recon. :p:D

BadCat
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Uh, WHAT year are these songs from?

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Okay Poli, to each his own I recon. :p:D

right. some of us have taste - some of us have the CLAP.

megimoo
12-27-2009, 08:44 PM

These are all from the 'grunge generation' of so called music.Most are for those head banging lost kids of this generation.

The reason I posted them is because I wouldn't listen to any of them no matter how desperate I was for music.I just wanted to 'stir the pot' a bit !

I'm with Bubba if it isn't real American Sh*t Kicking Bluegrass it isn't real music !Bluegrass is the soul of American music as far as I'm concerned !I need Real Bluegrass music every once in a while just to 'recharge my spirit '!

Now you have got me going again !

Alison Krauss & Union Station - Choctaw Hayride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhlXdxbAXc
Cluck Old Hen-Alison Krauss/Sierra Hull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ9PN5K06Q&feature=related
Pine Island Station - Catfish John
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2QhJpWmag&feature=PlayList&p=1E14E76EC629E4F0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35
Alison Krauss + NGDB - Catfish John
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTUWknyY_ZU&feature=related

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Good question.

Nirvana?

Rockstar?

I heard that some M Jackson songs were re-released (not sure why).

PoliCon
12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I heard that some M Jackson songs were re-released (not sure why).to cash in on his death of course

Bubba Dawg
12-27-2009, 09:18 PM
to cash in on his death of course

Well, there is that. :D

megimoo
12-27-2009, 10:27 PM
December 23, 2009
Spotify's Top 100 Songs of the Year...

They must be this year according to the date.
I've never heard of these songs or Spotify for that matter.Just 'kids' music and you all know how most adults feel about their kids taste in music !There's a whole other world of so called music out there if you care to look !

patriot45
12-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Thats too funny! My mom used to love Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon, back in the day! I'm 53 and she is 73! There is no good new music.

hampshirebrit
12-28-2009, 07:29 AM
December 23, 2009
Spotify's Top 100 Songs of the Year...

They must be this year according to the date.
I've never heard of these songs or Spotify for that matter.Just 'kids' music and you all know how most adults feel about their kids taste in music !There's a whole other world of so called music out there if you care to look !

Spotify is a proprietary music streaming service that allows instant listening to specific tracks or albums with virtually no buffering delay.

It's free and legal in the UK and in some EU countries. I use it a lot, when looking into new stuff that I see on CU and that friends tell me about. The sound quality is near CD. The choice of titles available grows each day. There really is low-to-no (usually no) buffering delay.

They make their money by airing 30 second and 1 minute commercials every 40 minutes or so, or you can buy a subscription to avoid the commercials (£9.99/mo).

There's talk of extending it to the US. I hope they do ... You guys will definitely like it.

I think Megi's list is the top 100 requested songs for the past year. Spotify's marketing is definitely geared toward the younger end of the market, so the 100 list is probably a reflection of that, rather than being representative of the overall catalog of music available.

More at http://www.spotify.com

FlaGator
12-28-2009, 07:37 AM

My parents where in there late 30's when I was born so there wasn't much commonality between generational styles. My parents grew up on big band and I was a child of the late 60s and early 70s. My parents listened to Tommy Dorsey and I listened to the album Tommy.

Goldwater
12-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Spotify itself is the dog's bollocks, regardless of the top 100 playlist.

Mmmm, dog.

Thats too funny! My mom used to love Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon, back in the day! I'm 53 and she is 73! There is no good new music.

I would disagree sir, there is a lot of good music being created and being released, it just happens outside of the charts.

FlaGator
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Mmmm, dog.

I would disagree sir, there is a lot of good music being created and being released, it just happens outside of the charts.

I would agree. I hear a lot of stuff I like on some of the alternative stations.

PoliCon
12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
My parents where in there late 30's when I was born so there wasn't much commonality between generational styles. My parents grew up on big band and I was a child of the late 60s and early 70s. My parents listened to Tommy Dorsey and I listened to the album Tommy.

Tommy Dorsey RAWKS!

hampshirebrit
12-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Mmmm, dog.

Yep, the dog's bollocks. Another quaint Briticism for y'alls. Similar to mutt's nuts and dog's danglies. All of these denote that the subject is a good thing, often the best available example of its kind.

Don't ask me the etymology of these sayings; I have no idea.

there is a lot of good music being created and being released, it just happens outside of the charts.

Absolutely agree with that. I ignore the charts, and have done for years.