PDA

View Full Version : First Friday Thread

linda22003
01-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Weather: Dark so far. We may have a little melting of the remaining snow today, but it's supposed to be very cold this weekend.

TOTD: Here it is, another new, untouched, pristine year. Anything can happen. What do you WANT to have happen? Either a resolution (Shannon loses weight, SR stops smoking, etc. - just as wild examples), or a plan you have for the year that you want to make come true.
My first one is predictable: Paris in six weeks. :p A cruise of the Greek Islands in September is harder to see from this vantage point, but I hope it happens!

SarasotaRepub
01-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Crisp and cold here this morning, 12 degrees to be exact. :mad:

TOTD: A change of scene might be nice.

Give up smoking...yeah, right. :p

djones520
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
TOTD: I'm with SR on this one. Some orders would be nice. But thats a dream that won't be fulfulled for another year and a half at least.

Gingersnap
01-01-2010, 11:08 AM
It's clear and cold. This White Christmas stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

TOTD: I'm pulling together a comprehensive garden plan for next year. This will be the best year ever garden-wise! I'm also in talks with the BFF about a joint business venture for the next couple of years. It's too soon to describe but I have high hopes for it. I also hope to install the infrastructure for Project Chicken. :D

hampshirebrit
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
It's a a beautiful crisp, clear, high-blue sky day here in Teh Yuk, on this, the first day of the new decade. A relief after a couple - three days of 8 octa cloud cover.

TOTD:

Get the house project work completed.
Get the garden sorted out (it's a jungle out there, makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under, uh huh huh huh).
Do the M16 selective-fire course I've been wanting to do for ages.
Meet some US CUers face-to-face.
Go to Capetown.
Upgrade my audio system.
Get a dog.
Get a 911 Turbo.

Obviously, not all of these are going to happen, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Bubba Dawg
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Clear and cool with a breeze on the Mountain. 48 degrees.

I'm watching football. :)

No big plans for the year. I'm going to be more active outdoors (hopefully). The last couple of years have been pretty disjointed with a lot of things happening that upset some plans.

I may even get around to building that backyard chicken coop I talked about once. I'll call it Project Chicken South to distinguish it from Gingers backyard plans. :D

Gingersnap
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Dueling chicken projects, heh, heh!

*cue banjo music*

Bubba Dawg
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM

*cue banjo music*

Game On! :p

lacarnut
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
In the low 50's. Still to cold for me. Wish I was in Orlando watching the LSU vs Penn State football game. Comes on TV in a few min.

TOTD: I will buy or rent a second home either in FL or the Caribbean to spend the winter.

A day of driving exotic cars in Houston (Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes,,etc) this spring or summer.

MountainMan
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM

*cue banjo music*

Cockfighting?
:D

hampshirebrit
01-02-2010, 02:07 AM
TOTD: I will buy or rent a second home either in FL or the Caribbean to spend the winter.

A day of driving exotic cars in Houston (Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes,,etc) this spring or summer.

Both ideas, but especially the second, sound pretty damn good to me.