PDA

View Full Version : "Barack Obama Hung In Effigy In Plains Georga..Secret Service Gag Order !"

megimoo
01-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Obama's Effigy in Pres. Carter's hometown

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – A doll found hanging off of a building in Plains is causing controversy.Controversial enough to get the United States Secret Service involved.

"This Ought To Be Good.The Secret Service Is Now Part Of Homeland Security,Nappy's Outfit !"

Witnesses say it was an image of President Barack Obama with a rope around his neck and the display was found hanging in one of the city's most recognizable sites dedicated to former President Jimmy Carter.

A few people were able to snap pictures of the black doll with the rope hanging off that building right in the center of town before it was taken down.The doll was hanging on a building on Main Street in Plains."I saw this stuffed thing hanging up," said Alonzo Davis, Plains Resident.

Davis is one of the people who saw the doll hanging off the brick building he said a sign on the front had President Obama's name on it."Why it's hanging up there," said Davis.Why is the question many here are asking.I tried to ask the store manager about what happened. He referred us to the Secret Service who is not talking about the incident right now.

"People have seen it and have the pictures but no body is talking bout it," said Davis.No one is talking in the stores nearby either.

Store owners we asked for comment said this shines a bad light on the home of the nations' 39th president.And they would rather not say a word, but one did say off camera she hopes whoever did it is caught.

"I don't think it's right I don't know if it's someone horse playing or what," said Davis.

Plains is proud of Jimmy Carter with patriotism on display almost everywhere, tourists walked around with no idea of what happened Saturday morning but some who live here are speaking out.

snip

This is something a lot of people here are talking about but hope this effigy of Obama is not what Plains is remembered for."It's a nice place to live and visit but some people out there don't like it," said Sims.

Both the Plains Police Department and the Sumter County Sheriff's Office were notified.The Secret Service is handling the situation, we called and they said they won't have a comment until next week.

snip

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=11759669

djones520
01-03-2010, 06:20 AM
"This Ought To Be Good.The Secret Service Is Now Part Of Homeland Security,Nappy's Outfit !"

Care to explain that part Megi? It's not from the story.

megimoo
01-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Care to explain that part Megi? It's not from the story.
Did you perhaps notice the quote marks there fella ?

The reason for the 'snippet' for your edification was the Secret Service changes. The Secret Service was commissioned on July 5, 1865 as a part of the Treasury Department Until March 1, 2003, the Service was part of the United States Department of Treasury.

They now are the United States' First Domestic Intelligence and Counterintelligence Agency.They Help Nappy keep track of all of those White Domestic terror bombers on aircraft that we all read about !

The CIA isn't allowed to legally spy on us so they changed the Secret Service's charter so that they can . Are we moving towards a full police state yet?

They were Charged with enforcement of the Currency Counterfeit laws and protecting the POTUS among others,Got it So Far?

With the advent of DHS the Fed in its infinite wisdom decided to consolidate the power and prestige of the S.S. into the Department Of Homeland Security.Clear so far ?

Since DHS has a problem with enforcing its basic charter and keeping Mad Arab Terrorists bombers out of American Passenger Carriers the addition of the Secret Service to the mix makes the president even less secure, wouldn't you agree ? Am I to look forward towards your increased scrutiny in the future .
Perhaps you will be checking my other credentials ?

djones520
01-03-2010, 09:18 AM

The reason for the 'snippet' for your edification was the Secret Service changes. The Secret Service was commissioned on July 5, 1865 as a part of the Treasury Department Until March 1, 2003, the Service was part of the United States Department of Treasury.

They now are the United States' First Domestic Intelligence and Counterintelligence Agency.They Help Nappy keep track of all of those White Domestic terror bombers on aircraft that we all read about !

The CIA isn't allowed to legally spy on us so they changed the Secret Service's charter so that they can . Are we moving towards a full police state yet?

They were Charged with enforcement of the Currency Counterfeit laws and protecting the POTUS among others,Got it So Far?

With the advent of DHS the Fed in its infinite wisdom decided to consolidate the power and prestige of the S.S. into the Department Of Homeland Security.Clear so far ?

Since DHS has a problem with enforcing its basic charter and keeping Mad Arab Terrorists bombers out of American Passenger Carriers the addition of the Secret Service to the mix makes the president even less secure, wouldn't you agree ? Am I to look forward towards your increased scrutiny in the future .

Let me refine the question. Care to explain the use of the racial slur in reference to Obama? Inquiring Mods (note the plural) want to know.

megimoo
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Let me refine the question. Care to explain the use of the racial slur in reference to Obama? Inquiring Mods (note the plural) want to know.Would inquiring mods(plural) care to point out the implied slur ?

djones520
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Would inquiring mods(plural) care to point out the implied slur ?

If you want to play dumb. Nappy is a racial slur developed in the 1800's to refer to black slaves in a negative light. I hope you didn't think the whole racial connotation of Don Imus' remarks was the "ho" thing. :rolleyes:

HomerJay
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
If you want to play dumb. Nappy is a racial slur developed in the 1800's to refer to black slaves in a negative light. I hope you didn't think the whole racial connotation of Don Imus' remarks was the "ho" thing. :rolleyes:

And who made you the chief of the PC police?:confused:

djones520
01-03-2010, 09:42 AM
And who made you the chief of the PC police?:confused:

Maybe you should read the posting rules of the forum. I'll qoute one for you.

7. This board was created for free speech, but I don't want any racial crap on here. But I also will NOT put up with you politically correct police either. So get it together.

patriot45
01-03-2010, 09:43 AM

Thats a heck of a reach when its pretty apparent he was using napolitanos nickname.:rolleyes:

marv
01-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Let me refine the question. Care to explain the use of the racial slur in reference to Obama? Inquiring Mods (note the plural) want to know.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any "racial slur in reference to Obama".

BTW, remember the "KILL BUSH" tee-shirts? The nation survived the tee-shirt episode, didn't it?

Rockntractor
01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Megimoo is not a racist nor will he ever be!

djones520
01-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Thats a heck of a reach when its pretty apparent he was using napolitanos nickname.:rolleyes:

In light of said comment, I can now see the reference to Napolitano.

Given that, if it's even a legitimate nick name, it's not one that I or others were aware of and the connection was made to Obama with the Secret Service reference. A bit more discretion should be used when using something that is also a racial slur in referring to things so closely associated with the President. It can easily be taken out of context, as we just saw.

And Megs, trust me I don't put your posts under increased scrutiny. I tend to avoid most of them in all honesty.

patriot45
01-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Given that, if it's even a legitimate nick name, it's not one that I or others were aware of and the connection was made to Obama with the Secret Service reference. A bit more discretion should be used when using something that is also a racial slur in referring to things so closely associated with the President. It can easily be taken out of context, as we just saw.

And Megs, trust me I don't put your posts under increased scrutiny. I tend to avoid most of them in all honesty.

Dumping Janet is now a popular topic in the conservative blogosphere, where Napolitano has earned several nicknames–including “J-No” and “Nappy.”

Can we call her J-no? instead of nappy!?!

Bubba Dawg
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
J-No. :D

To be honest, I was puzzled by the quotation with the word Nappy in it.

I was unfamiliar with that as a nickname for the Secretary and assumed its more offensive meaning, but I also didn't think that was the kind of thing that Megs would say. That's why I was initially puzzled.

I don't remember any instance where Megimoo has made any use of racial epithets.

megimoo
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Mr jones perhaps I have been unkind to you ! I have assumed that you are of normal mental capacity and intellegance But alas I have been wrong.

Please forgive me.For your further edification 'Nappy' Is Janet Napolitano's 'Nom De Plume'( Hint.Pen Name )Here are a few examples in an attempt to bring you 'up to speed'.
MSNBC -- April 28, 2009
How do you feel with a fool like 'Nappy' in charge of your health?
April 27, 2009 -- Lester Holt interviews ditzy incompetent Janet Napolitano about the Mexican swine flu dilemma. 'Nappy' says closing the border won't help, and says that it would adversely effect trade and cost too much. And to think that this moron is in charge of out 'homeland security' and the protection of our health. Pathetic.
John Lillpop -- Post-Chronicle -- April 28, 2009
Nappy's warped vision for America: Up with invaders, down with vets!
How in the world did this great nation deteriorate so rapidly and so profoundly? -- What insanity inspired We the People to install a leftist regime that would, in less than 100 days, declare war on veterans, opponents of illegal immigration, abortion, higher taxes and spending, and other "right wing extremists," while deciding that those who enter the U.S. illegally are NOT committing a crime?
Did you notice the racial slurs those evil bigots also used ?

megimoo
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM

And Megs, trust me I don't put your posts under increased scrutiny. I tend to avoid most of them in all honesty.You have totally lost any trust of mine as of now.I believe this mod thing has totally gone to your head and If it keeps going this way with you we will degenerate into just another DUmp !

Apache
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
You have totally lost any trust of mine as of now.I believe this mod thing has totally gone to your head and If it keeps going this way with you we will degenerate into just another DUmp !

I don't think its gone to his head, I think he's still trying to balance it out...chill alright Megs ;) I can see the confusion he was having with Nappy :p I like the J-no moniker....

Rockntractor
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't think its gone to his head, I think he's still trying to balance it out...chill alright Megs ;) I can see the confusion he was having with Nappy :p I like the J-no moniker....
Rather than publicly accusing a man with over 25000 posts of being a racist I think a PM would have cleared things up and saved a lot of feelings!

megimoo
01-03-2010, 11:09 AM

And Megs, trust me I don't put your posts under increased scrutiny. I tend to avoid most of them in all honesty.I'm glad to hear that you so enjoy my posts.Perhaps you would care to explain your issues with me ?

Do my posts anger you because of some innate liberal leanings of yours or do you abhor my posting style ?You seem to single out the most conservative on the board for your venom.

In the past we have enjoyed the somewhat benign and rational styles of Sara,SLW and Ginger herding the members with a certain 'firmness' but this new crop of mod critters is quite a bit more aggressive.

You should realize that you are dealing for the most part with Adult Americans who's natural instincts are rebellion and Independence.Quite a few of the males here have seen military service while your parents were very young.

When you in your ignorance attempt to drive them in a certain direction by critiquing their posts they become somewhat angry and they may even become rebellious.

Your mod behavior reminds me of a new NCO who is just starting to 'smell his own pee' !
More help.
To Abhor"To regard with horror or loathing; detest: "The problem with Establishment Republicans is they abhor the unseemliness of a political brawl" (Patrick J. Buchanan)."

Apache
01-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Rather than publicly accusing a man with over 25000 posts of being a racist I think a PM would have cleared things up and saved a lot of feelings!

True dat...noobies hafta learn too :D djones will learn how to handle things...I mean you can't be Ginger in a day or a month :eek::p

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
OK peoples play nice. I have a bunch of guests coming over to the house
shortly. :mad: :D

Apache
01-03-2010, 11:45 AM
OK peoples play nice. I have a bunch of guests coming over to the house
shortly. :mad: :D

....so :p:D

+1

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm glad to hear that you so enjoy my posts.Perhaps you would care to explain your issues with me ?

Do my posts anger you because of some innate liberal leanings of yours or do you abhor my posting style ?You seem to single out the most conservative on the board for your venom.

In the past we have enjoyed the somewhat benign and rational styles of Sara,SLW and Ginger herding the members with a certain 'firmness' but this new crop of mod critters is quite a bit more aggressive.

You should realize that you are dealing for the most part with Adult Americans who's natural instincts are rebellion and Independence.Quite a few of the males here have seen military service while your parents were very young.

When you in your ignorance attempt to drive them in a certain direction by critiquing their posts they become somewhat angry and they may even become rebellious.

Your mod behavior reminds me of a new NCO who is just starting to 'smell his own pee' !
More help.
To Abhor"To regard with horror or loathing; detest: "The problem with Establishment Republicans is they abhor the unseemliness of a political brawl" (Patrick J. Buchanan)."

I have noticed his mod behavior has swelled his head also. :eek: Keep up the good work Meg!:)

HomerJay
01-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I have noticed his mod behavior has swelled his head also. :eek: Keep up the good work Meg!:)

I agree. Give some people power over others and they turn into busybodies.

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree. Give some people power over others and they turn into busybodies.

Or all knowing and think their shit don't stink.:D

Speedy
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Too bad there is not an official named Negrito or such in Obama's cabinet. Think of the fun we could have with that!

lurkalot
01-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Actually I saw the "nappy" reference this morning at about four a.m. and took it as a racial slur as the famous Imus comment as well. :mad: I was going to jump all over it, but since I had been up all night with a sick kid I could barely read much less type... so I get the benefit of reading the explanation later before I got in the middle.
Just wanted to throw it out that I think it was an honest mistake in reaction to a word that by its very use belittles and insults the user as ignorant when used as a slur, and not something one would expect at all from megs.

marv
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Given that, if it's even a legitimate nick name, it's not one that I or others were aware of and the connection was made to Obama with the Secret Service reference. A bit more discretion should be used when using something that is also a racial slur in referring to things so closely associated with the President. It can easily be taken out of context, as we just saw. Yes, as you just did....

And Megs, trust me I don't put your posts under increased scrutiny. That was obvious.... I tend to avoid most of them in all honesty.
Just some observations on the typical liberal MO of conclude first and then look for evidence, or rather Fire! Aim! Ready!

Please notice that I use references to President Bush and president hussein. Got a problem with that, djones?

BadCat
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I went to high school with that dyke bitch.

She was called "Nappy" way back then.

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Actually I saw the "nappy" reference this morning at about four a.m. and took it as a racial slur as the famous Imus comment as well. :mad: I was going to jump all over it, but since I had been up all night with a sick kid I could barely read much less type... so I get the benefit of reading the explanation later before I got in the middle.
Just wanted to throw it out that I think it was an honest mistake in reaction to a word that by its very use belittles and insults the user as ignorant when used as a slur, and not something one would expect at all from megs.

Here is my take on mods. They should be kinda like a referee; not that they should not have opinions but should moderate their tone of discussion a slight bit from that of a poster. Before jumping to conclusions, a mod needs to weight his or her course of action. This type of assessment boils down to maturity which I don't think this kid has; same with Sonna. That is my opinion.

marv
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Here is my take on mods. They should be kinda like a referee; not that they should not have opinions but should moderate their tone of discussion a slight bit from that of a poster. Before jumping to conclusions, a mod needs to weight his or her course of action. This type of assessment boils down to maturity which I don't think this kid has; same with Sonna. That is my opinion.
A reasonable attitude.

AmPat
01-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe you should read the posting rules of the forum. I'll qoute one for you.

7. This board was created for free speech, but I don't want any racial crap on here. But I also will NOT put up with you politically correct police either. So get it together.
"I don't want" is a statement of preference and hardly an imperative "rule." I must admit though that as much as I distrust O Blah Blah and detest his ideology and subsequent policies, I don't like opposing him on racial slurs. The DIMWITocRATS are much better at that sort of thing anyway.

I enjoy MEGI's contributions here. Without them we would have half the new threads we currently enjoy. As for that Appointed Moron Napolitano, I like Levin's nickname Incompetano. It is much more accurate than Nappy.

coach
01-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Don Imus got in hot water fopr the "hos" not the "nappy headed".

Sad how adjectives take on meanings that they dont have.

Bubba Dawg
01-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I appreciate the job all the Mods do here. It is often a thankless job I'm sure.

As long as any Mod is willing to admit to a mistake or a misunderstanding then that's good enough for me. Nobody is perfect and we all learn by doing.

And if in doubt, a PM is an excellent idea when it is an option.

Again, thank you to all the Mods. :)

Sonnabend
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
This type of assessment boils down to maturity which I don't think this kid has; same with Sonna. That is my opinion.

I am not a mod any more, and havent been for some time. You hadnt noticed? :rolleyes:

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I am not a mod any more, and havent been for some time. You hadnt noticed? :rolleyes:

Yep, I noticed. Just making a correlation between the two of you. However, I never saw a post where you told another poster to eat shit and die which is a basically what DJ told Meg about post #12..

Sonnabend
01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
However, I never saw a post where you told another poster to eat shit and die which is a basically what DJ told Meg about this post.Meg and I disagree on a few things, but that is not my style and never has been...as for "maturity"...I'll refrain from commenting.

DJ can't help it...the other place he posts at is a lot like DU, and I guess that kind of attitude rubs off after a while.

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Meg and I disagree on a few things, but that is not my style and never has been...as for "maturity"...I'll refrain from commenting.

DJ can't help it...the other place he posts at is a lot like DU, and I guess that kind of attitude rubs off after a while.

Proper temperament is your friend.

Articulate_Ape
01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Megimoo said, "Barack Obama Hung". Heheheheh.

Rockntractor
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Megimoo said, "Barack Obama Hung". Heheheheh.

The avatar was worth the wait!:D

lacarnut
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
The avatar was worth the wait!:D

He is just monkeying around:)

FlaGator
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
"I don't want" is a statement of preference and hardly an imperative "rule." I must admit though that as much as I distrust O Blah Blah and detest his ideology and subsequent policies, I don't like opposing him on racial slurs. The DIMWITocRATS are much better at that sort of thing anyway.

I enjoy MEGI's contributions here. Without them we would have half the new threads we currently enjoy. As for that Appointed Moron Napolitano, I like Levin's nickname Incompetano. It is much more accurate than Nappy.

What you read as a preference, we mods enforce as a rule so since we consider this a rule, perhaps you should too.

patriot45
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
What you read as a preference, we mods enforce as a rule so since we consider this a rule, perhaps you should too.

Just like any arbitrer of rules you gotta have common sense! I, being a conservative, posting on a conservative board, knew immediately who "nappy" was in the context of the post. So the RULES do not apply. Maybe people who think the wrong way about things need to rethink! :cool:

Rockntractor
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
At twenty five years old not much water has gone under the bridge yet!

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
OK, let me just weigh in here again.

As most know here now, I run CU but I don't own it. The board is Crusty's and
I look after CU according to how he wants it done. If this sounds famaliar it is, it's
just what gator said when he was Admin here.

Now gator and I were friends. But even though we might run things differently the underlining rulz are set by the board owner.

Let me make something clear that should be obvious...but if it isn't, I'll make it so.

I don't want to see any racist posts on CU. If you have to think twice about a post then you should probably think 3 times.

I'm getting a little tired of certain people taking advantage of what they may take as a free rein to exceed the rules. No one has this. My wife and I are the judges of this. No ifs ands or buts.

Lets present ourselves above the posters at DU, KOS, etc.

That is all. :D

patriot45
01-03-2010, 10:42 PM
OK, let me just weigh in here again.

As most know here now, I run CU but I don't own it. The board is Crusty's and
I look after CU according to how he wants it done. If this sounds famaliar it is, it's
just what gator said when he was Admin here.

Now gator and I were friends. But even though we might run things differently the underlining rulz are set by the board owner.

Let me make something clear that should be obvious...but if it isn't, I'll make it so.

I don't want to see any racist posts on CU. If you have to think twice about a post then you should probably think 3 times.

I'm getting a little tired of certain people taking advantage of what they may take as a free rein to exceed the rules. No one has this. My wife and I are the judges of this. No ifs ands or buts.

Lets present ourselves above the posters at DU, KOS, etc.

That is all. :D

So if we want to use a nick for Janet Napolitano, it can't be nappy? Why not, she should be fair game . she is part of the ruining of the country! I personally knew Moo wasn't being racist because like I said all conservative boards had that as a nick for her.

I said before that the people who are being judges of us should look at the context and not jump off the handle!

PoliCon
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
rioters burn Bush in effigy following a post-election rally on November 3, 2004
http://zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/143-4350_IMG.JPG
http://zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/

But that's okay. Someone merely hangs an effigy of Obama and it's racist and needs to be investigated by the SS??

OY VEY.

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2010, 11:06 PM
So if we want to use a nick for Janet Napolitano, it can't be nappy? Why not, she should be fair game . she is part of the ruining of the country! I personally knew Moo wasn't being racist because like I said all conservative boards had that as a nick for her.

I said before that the people who are being judges of us should look at the context and not jump off the handle!

Don't make me Force Choke You. :mad::D

Over the years I have gotten to know most of the people here either in real life or at least to the point where I know when they're blowing smoke up my ass.

Being a Mod on any board is a lot harder than people might think. I've gone from being a peon to Admin. Though I fool around quite a bit I take protecting CU quite seriously, make no mistake.

Here's what I expect. And this goes for all the Mods too...

This is our widdle home on the Intertubes...don't shit on it.

I expect people to understand that. It isn't really that hard.

Now I sent Crusty a email about this...and mentioned this thread so he can take
a looky at it. If he has any problems with the way I'm doing things he can make
that clear!! :)

patriot45
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Don't make me Force Choke You. :mad::D

Over the years I have gotten to know most of the people here either in real life or at least to the point where I know when they're blowing smoke up my ass.

Being a Mod on any board is a lot harder than people might think. I've gone from being a peon to Admin. Though I fool around quite a bit I take protecting CU quite seriously, make no mistake.

Here's what I expect. And this goes for all the Mods too...

This is our widdle home on the Intertubes...don't shit on it.

I expect people to understand that. It isn't really that hard.

Now I sent Crusty a email about this...and mentioned this thread so he can take
a looky at it. If he has any problems with the way I'm doing things he can make
that clear!! :)

SR, I think this was the one line that was interpreted insanely!

Nappy- Janet Napolitano heads that outfit, so the so called slur was against napolitano not our inglorious basterd of a prez! I think this was blowed up to more than it was! Thats the only reason I replied in the first place! The backlash was absurd!
Bedtime! G'nite!

megimoo
01-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Here is my take on mods. They should be kinda like a referee; not that they should not have opinions but should moderate their tone of discussion a slight bit from that of a poster. Before jumping to conclusions, a mod needs to weight his or her course of action. This type of assessment boils down to maturity which I don't think this kid has; same with Sonna. That is my opinion.AKA Those who mod least, mod best !

AmPat
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM

I do. Got proof otherwise? For the record, I don't need rules like this enforced since they are my rules, so back off!:mad:

Rebel Yell
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I appreciate the job all the Mods do here. It is often a thankless job I'm sure.

As long as any Mod is willing to admit to a mistake or a misunderstanding then that's good enough for me. Nobody is perfect and we all learn by doing.

And if in doubt, a PM is an excellent idea when it is an option.

Again, thank you to all the Mods. :)

Awwww, ain't that sweet? Hey, Bubba, you still got a little stink on your nose.:D

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Awwww, ain't that sweet? Hey, Bubba, you still got a little stink on your nose.:D
Snicker snicker oops! Never mind.

megimoo
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I thought that you Southern Critters called it stank ?

Rebel Yell
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM

Stank is an adjective or verb. Stank is what stink does.

lacarnut
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Stank is an adjective or verb. Stank is what stink does.

Too funny. :)

marv
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Down here in the literate Missouri Ozarks, stank is the past participle of stink.

Now, back to the argument. IIRC djones520 began it because he mistakenly accused megimoo of racisim. BTW, "nappy" is an adjective that can also be applied to livingroom carpet, or a small, shallow, flat-bottomed dish for serving food or drink, or Scottish ale since about the 1500s, and even fuzzy diapers!

Isn't it really all about context, and not jumping to conclusions based on prejudgement?

lacarnut
01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Down here in the literate Missouri Ozarks, stank is the past participle of stink.

Now, back to the argument. IIRC djones520 began it because he mistakenly accused megimoo of racisim. BTW, "nappy" is an adjective that can also be applied to livingroom carpet, or a small, shallow, flat-bottomed dish for serving food or drink, or Scottish ale since about the 1500s, and even fuzzy diapers!

Isn't it really all about context, and not jumping to conclusions based on prejudgement?

I think an apology is due to Meg. This thread has been most informative in defining stank/stink & nappy which I can relate to most politicians. :D

Sonnabend
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
This thread has been most informative in defining stank/stink & nappy which I can relate to most politicians.

I guess that depends......

:D:D:D

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I guess that depends......

I have never seen you bite your tongue this much!

FlaGator
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Just like any arbitrer of rules you gotta have common sense! I, being a conservative, posting on a conservative board, knew immediately who "nappy" was in the context of the post. So the RULES do not apply. Maybe people who think the wrong way about things need to rethink! :cool:

I wasn't referring to the word nappy. I understood what it referred to. I was referring to the rule that Am said sounded like a suggestion. If the word nappy had been used in a Don Imus manner then the post may not have been allowed to stand. The rules always apply but the word was not used it the context of a racial slur so the 'nappy' didn't fall under the rules.

Something to think about what about the people who do read this site and mistook the usage for a racial slir? Personally, I wouldn't want to the word spreading that CU was stormfront light.

The mods here are pretty laid back as mods go and a lot of latitude is given to the members of CU to post freely and to self censor when neccessary.

lacarnut
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I have never seen you bite your tongue this much!

Kinda like possible but not necessarily true.

NJCardFan
01-04-2010, 07:01 PM

I know I'm probably chiming in late here but I just think Megi used a poor choice of words as Nappy in this context means Napolitano.

As for the effigy, to everyone out there in TV land who believes that this is an act of racism, effigies have been hung and sometimes burned for centuries. It's a political statement.

linda22003
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I know I'm probably chiming in late here but I just think Megi used a poor choice of words as Nappy in this context means Napolitano.

I agree. Nothing racial was meant. As usual, he thought he was being witty making up a little nickname. As usual, he was wrong.

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I agree. Nothing racial was meant. As usual, he thought he was being witty making up a little nickname. As usual, he was wrong.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=222243&postcount=15

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/12/mccain_and_kyl_bash_obama_and.php

Hundreds more incidents of usage on google long before Mr. Moo used it.

NJCardFan
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
rioters burn Bush in effigy following a post-election rally on November 3, 2004
http://zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/143-4350_IMG.JPG
http://zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/

But that's okay. Someone merely hangs an effigy of Obama and it's racist and needs to be investigated by the SS??

OY VEY.

Hmm. Interesting picture. Look to the left. Seems to be a black dude standing there enjoying the burning of Bush. Would he be charged with a hate crime? Of course not. Just another double standard.

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Hmm. Interesting picture. Look to the left. Seems to be a black dude standing there enjoying the burning of Bush. Would he be charged with a hate crime? Of course not. Just another double standard.

Doesn't count! Black Zombie. Death is the great equalizer.

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM

:p

Thanks for lettin' me know.

In addition to the stank there was a brown smudge and I couldn't figure out why I was going crossed eyed. :eek:

Anybody got a Kleenex?

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2010, 08:24 PM

Hey, maybe one day you'll be a Moderator. Or in your case, a Moderater. :p

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM

And a Thang is a monster whut lives in the Swamp.

They stank.

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey, maybe one day you'll be a Moderator. Or in your case, a Moderater. :p

No way in hell ! It takes a special personality to moderate and mine is not it. I suspect that may be part of the problem here.

Bubba Dawg
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
No way in hell ! It takes a special personality to moderate and mine is not it. I suspect that may be part of the problem here.

Dude, you're a peach of a guy.

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM

They stank.

Don't forget hot wangs! Or would that be hawt wangs?

Rockntractor
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Dude, you're a peach of a guy.

Naw let's face it , I'm an asshole!

lacarnut
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/12/mccain_and_kyl_bash_obama_and.php

Hundreds more incidents of usage on google long before Mr. Moo used it.

Some are just more learned than others.

Sonnabend
01-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Naw let's face it , I'm an asshole!

and such a pig.

Rockntractor
01-05-2010, 02:14 AM
and such a pig.

Oink!:D

megimoo
01-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Naw let's face it , I'm an asshole!Not so,Not so !!

obx
01-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Could I get my rope back please?
________
Honda RVF400 history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_RVF400)

Rebel Yell
01-05-2010, 09:09 AM

They stank.

But those are in Florida.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/neobob187/Myakka_skunk_ape_1.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_ape

megimoo
01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
But those are in Florida.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/neobob187/Myakka_skunk_ape_1.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_apeThat's just Shannon Foraging for frogs .