PDA

View Full Version : Damage Control in 30 seconds: Ben Nelsonís CYA Ad,Michelle Malkin

megimoo
01-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Cornhuckster sellout Sen. Ben Nelson will grovel before Nebraskans in a 30-second political spot airing tonight during the Holiday Bowl game.

Can you disguise the taint of Demcare bribes and beclowning with half a minute of folksy chatter?

Methinks not:

As a fresh poll measured the political cost of Sen. Ben Nelsonís health reform vote, he prepared Tuesday to take his case directly to Nebraskans during Wednesday nightís Holiday Bowl game.

Nelson will air a new TV ad in which he attempts to debunk opposition claims that the Senate legislation represents a government takeover, and he makes the case for health care reform.

ďWith all the distortions about health care reform, I want you to hear directly from me,Ē the Democratic senator says in the ad.

Nelson, dressed in an open-necked shirt and sweater, speaks directly into the camera during the 30-second ad.

The message will be launched during the Nebraska-Arizona football game and continue to air statewide for an undisclosed number of days.

Nelson, who isnít up for re-election until 2012, is banking on votersí short memories to save him from cratering Rasmussen numbers.

Donít count on it, buster. Corruption stinks ó and sticks.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/30/damage-control-in-30-seconds-ben-nelsons-cya-ad/
Rogue Cheddar said:

Iím your top prime cut of meat, Iím your choice
I wanna be elected
Iím your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce I wanna be elected
Kids want a savior, donít need a fake
I wanna be elected
Weíre gonna rock to the rules that I make
I wanna be elected, elected, elected
I never lied to you, Iíve always been cool
I wanna be elected
I gotta get the vote, and I told you about school
I wanna be elected, elected, elected
Hallelujah, I wanna be elected
Everyone in the United States of America
Weíre gonna win this one, take the country by storm
Weíre gonna be elected
You and me together, young and strong
Weíre gonna be elected, elected, elected
Respected, selected, call collected
I wanna be elected, elected

-Alice Cooper

AlmostThere
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Nelson selling his vote stunk to high heaven but I think he outdid himself with the phone call to South Carolina's Attorney General. That phone call removed any question about the legitimacy of this deal.