PDA

View Full Version : "DHS Plans to Catch Only One in Four ‘Major’ Violations Like Terror Bombers."

megimoo
01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
DHS Plans to Catch Only One in Four Travelers Committing ‘Major’Criminal Violations...
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is non compos mentis..."

"We only plan on stopping 25% of the mad Bombers,Screw Air Travel !"

“The hand-held radiation screening devices are not used on passengers directly. They are typically used to inspect aircraft, vehicles, luggage, and packages, including suspected contraband."

"Oh Good If the Next Arab Wears A Dirty Bomb We Will Never Know It ."

- Documents produced by the Department of Homeland Security indicate that in fiscal 2010 the department is planning to catch only 26 percent of travelers committing major criminal violations while seeking to enter the United States through international airports.

DHS documents also indicate that the department believes it will fail to screen against law enforcement databases 15 percent of travelers entering the United States in 2010 through all official ports of entry.

In fiscal 2008, according to DHS, the department caught only 25 percent of those committing “major violations” while entering the U.S. on international flights. It also planned to catch only 25% in fiscal 2009, which ended on Sept. 30. For fiscal 2010, which began on Oct. 1, DHS set it sites slightly higher, planning to catch 26 percent of “major” violators entering the U.S. on international flights while letting 74 percent get away.

DHS each year calculates what it calls the “air passenger apprehension rate for major violations.”

This apprehension rate is used as one measure of whether the department is achieving its goal to “improve the targeting, screening, and apprehension of high-risk international cargo and travelers to prevent terrorist attacks, while providing processes to facilitate the flow of safe and legitimate trade and travel.”

The “major violations” that DHS believes 74 percent of perpetrators will get away with when entering the U.S. by air in 2010, according to a 3,493-page document the department presented to Congress to justify its annual budget, involve “serious criminal activity, including possession of narcotics, smuggling of prohibited products, human smuggling, weapons possession, fraudulent U.S. documents, and other offenses serious enough to result in arrest.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/59213

Eagle
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Not a major worry, radioactivity is being monitored in most major cities. Much easier to detect than explosives. Buy a dozen smoke detectors, put them in your car and drive into NYC, you will see what I am talking about if you are not ligit.

megimoo
01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Not a major worry, radioactivity is being monitored in most major cities. Much easier to detect than explosives. Buy a dozen smoke detectors, put them in your car and drive into NYC, you will see what I am talking about if you are not ligit.I like the detectors they use on the Border crossings with Mexico.I read of a man crossing the border setting the radiation detectors off while seated in a car.When they searched him he and the car they were clean.

They later found that he had just been released from the hospital in San Diego after a Nuclear scan of his heart and the residual Radioactive trace still in his blood stream triggered it.The total nuclear trace dosage several hours before was about 4 millicuries and at about twenty feet from the detectors was enough to set them off.I am impressed with their sensitivity !