PDA

View Full Version : Historian: Lincoln gay claim a hoax

Gingersnap
01-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Historian: Lincoln gay claim a hoax

Published: Dec. 31, 2009 at 4:43 PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 31 (UPI) -- A prominent Abraham Lincoln historian in New York says an activist who claims the 16th president was gay admitted to him the story was fabricated.

Harold Holzer, who has written 35 books about Lincoln and the Civil War, said playwright and AIDS activist Larry Kramer admitted to him he fabricated his much-publicized claims that a diary and letters discovered in an old Lincoln home confirmed a homosexual relationship with his roommate, Joshua Speed, the New York Post reported Thursday.

"I had a private conversation with him (Kramer). He admitted to me that he made the whole thing up. He said he made it up to raise consciousness," Holzer, who was co-chairman of the Lincoln Bicentennial Commission this year, told the Post.

"That he is reviving this hoax is a little bizarre," Holzer said. "For half his life, Lincoln shared his bed with other guys. It was the custom. People didn't have so many beds."

The Post said Kramer, who also has claimed President George Washington, Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton, and explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were gay, couldn't be reached for comment.

Practically everything these "activists" say is a lie.

UPI (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/12/31/Historian-Lincoln-gay-claim-a-hoax/UPI-48481262295827/)

linda22003
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
This is what happens when we look at history through today's eyes; you can't assess the past with today's norms - yet people do it all the time, because they don't know anything else.

Rebel Yell
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a flaming liberal faggot who abused his power like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.

linda22003
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a flaming liberal faggot who abused his power like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.

Jeez, stop bitchin' or WIN the next war. :rolleyes: :p

Gingersnap
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
This is what happens when we look at history through today's eyes; you can't assess the past with today's norms - yet people do it all the time, because they don't know anything else.

Absolutely! You can't do that on sheerly practical issues (who slept with whom) let alone moral or ethical issues.

Rebel Yell
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Lincoln wasn't a homosexual. He was a great and noble man who expanded the role of the federal government like none since (so far), but I don't think he was a homosexual.

That better?

asdf2231
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
That would mean the South got it's ass handed to it by a homo?

*runs like hell*

Rebel Yell
01-05-2010, 08:55 AM

*runs like hell*

And the rest of the country handed their ass to a homo. Then again, y'all still do.;)

obx
01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Jeez, stop bitchin' or WIN the next war. :rolleyes: :p

We plan on doing that.
________
Fetish Xxx (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/18/fetish/videos/1)

linda22003
01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
We plan on doing that.

Ah, yes, the "South is fixin' to rise" thing. Again. :p

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28559

"Oh, it'll happen, sure as the sun come up in the morning," said Buford Comstock, 26, a student at Over 'N' Back Diesel Driving School in Union City, TN. "The South is gonna rise up, just as soon as we get together and get all our shit back in one sock. Then, look out, Northerners!"

Rebel Yell
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Ah, yes, the "South is fixin' to rise" thing. Again. :p

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28559

It's already risen. That's why y'all all move down here to retire. Then again, y'all have already annexed Florida. So, nevermind.

linda22003
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Florida's too far south. No one likes to be sticky.

Rebel Yell
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Florida's too far south. No one likes to be sticky.

I don't know. Georgians can hardly tell the difference between Floridians and Yankees anymore. I don't know how many times I've heard this exchange.

"What's wrong with him/her?"
" He/she must be a Yankee."
"No, he/she is from Florida."
"Oh. Well, same difference."

Rockntractor
01-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Soggy Yankees = Skankees?:confused:

Full-Auto
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I honestly believe Lincoln was a cock sucker.

Lanie
01-05-2010, 01:33 PM

*runs like hell*

Okay, that was funny as hell. :D

AmPat
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
If you could ignore the shiny object of slavery, the South was right. ;)

They felt they were being strong armed by the north. The main issue was the principle of States Rights. This was the intent of the Constitution. It was written to ensure a small federal government with LIMITED power. We now have a huge and all-powerful federal government who believes they know best in Washington what the good citizens of Des Moines reguire.:cool: