PDA

View Full Version : Cheese-Eaters Outlaw Marital, Shack-Up Squabbles.

Gingersnap
01-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Having achieved social perfection on all other fronts, the French attempt to enforce interpersonal bliss on a bunch of philandering atheists. :D

France to introduce new law banning 'psychological violence' in marriages

By Peter Allen
Last updated at 3:40 PM on 05th January 2010
Comments (48) Add to My Stories

France will become the first country in the world to ban 'psychological violence' within marriage later this year.

The new law, which would also apply to co-habiting couples, would see people getting criminal records for insulting their loved ones during domestic arguments. Electronic tagging would be used on repeat offenders, according to the country's prime minister, Francois Fillon, who announced the law. If it proves successful, it could be introduced in other European countries including Britain.

But critics dismissed the measure as a 'gimmick' which would be impossible to implement.

The law is particularly aimed at protecting women who currently suffer the worst attacks of this kind, ranging from off-hand comments about their appearance to threats of physical violence. Mr Fillon said: 'It's an important step forward as the creation of this offence will allow us to deal with the most insidious situations - situations that leave no visible scars, but which leave victims torn up inside.'

He added that his government would also be experimenting with electronic surveillance measures to 'monitor the effectiveness of restraining orders against a violent spouse'.

Psychologist Anne Giraud said: 'Squabbling couples will allege all kinds of things about each other, but they won't necessarily be true. 'The police are likely to be called out more and more when this law comes into force this year, but often it will be a case of one person's word against the other. 'Psychological violence is a very serious matter, but punishing it through the courts is a very different matter altogether.'

Critics have also said the government should not be intervening in private domestic arguments in which no one got hurt.

Sociologist Pierre Bonnet said: 'The next step will be to make rudeness a criminal offence. The police and courts will be over-stretched trying to deal with the numerous cases.'

Considering that women themselves are the source of the majority of verbal aggressiveness in relationships, this should end well. ;)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1240770/France-introduce-new-law-banning-psychological-violence-marriages.html#ixzz0bl24GbP9

linda22003
01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Considering that women themselves are the source of the majority of verbal aggressiveness in relationships, this should end well. ;)

Good point. As E.F. Benson said so wisely a century ago, "A man hates a scene, because a man is never any good at a scene." ;)

MountainMan
01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
This really, REALLY should be in the "End of the World" forum........

The friggen fRENCH........ Ok, how will this effect those under Sharia law in the muslunatic communities?

FlaGator
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
If you call your wife a fat pig and the cops show up and she is literally a fat pig (this is France we're talking about) do you still have to go to jail?

noonwitch
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
This could be a really fun law to enforce in Detroit, especially if the calling a woman a bitch is considered "psychological violence".

Apache
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
The law is particularly aimed at protecting women who currently suffer the worst attacks of this kind, ranging from off-hand comments about their appearance to threats of physical violence.Do these pants make my butt look big....=criminal record...that's the French alright :rolleyes:

Apache
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
If you call your wife a fat pig and the cops show up and she is literally a fat pig (this is France we're talking about) do you still have to go to jail?Oui

:D

megimoo
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Having achieved social perfection on all other fronts, the French attempt to enforce interpersonal bliss on a bunch of philandering atheists. :D

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1240770/France-introduce-new-law-banning-psychological-violence-marriages.html#ixzz0bl24GbP9This sounds like an old Si Fi story where they implanted emotion monitoring transponders and feedbac units.
When the mans adrenalin level raged and the woman's lips started to spasm a huge ringing sound would erupt in their ears.

Gingersnap
01-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Do these pants make my butt look big....=criminal record...that's the French alright :rolleyes:

A smart guy would invest in some covert, in-home surveillance devices.

Woman: He called me a fat pig.

Cue Recording: "......you worthless POS! You're a dickless wonder. The last time you satisfied a woman with that toy you call a........"

Woman: I may have been mistaken. :D

megimoo
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Oui

:DThey take you to the hospital to have the knife removed from your chest !

stsinner
01-05-2010, 01:13 PM
The French-real trendsetters.. More court-system clogging and nonsense and meddling.

AlmostThere
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Shouting at your wife may get you a criminal record in France

It would cover men who shout at their wives and women who hurl abuse at their husbands - although it was not clear last night if nagging would be viewed as breaking the law.
The law is expected to cover every kind of insult including repeated rude remarks about a partner's appearance, false allegations of infidelity and threats of physical violence.It doesn't cover nagging????:eek:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1240770/France-introduce-new-law-banning-psychological-violence-marriages.html#ixzz0bqTRa2Ul

linda22003
01-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Sacre bleu! Vous etes trop tard!

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=23529&highlight=french

djones520
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
If I recall correctly, Sumter, SC has a law that makes it still legal to beat your wife on the Court House steps on Sundays.

Onto the topic though. I don't know if I've ever actually yelled at my wife, so I'm not to worried if I ever go to France.