PDA

View Full Version : Banned words for 2010

patriot45
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
No more saying this stuff! Nix-say on these word-say! :D Say What! (http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php)
They all piss me off anyway!

■Shovel-ready
■Transparent/Transparency
■Czar
■Tweet
■App
■Sexting
■Friend as a verb
■Teachable moment
■In these economic times ...
■Stimulus
■Toxic assets
■Too big to fail
■Bromance
■Chillaxin'
■Obama-prefix or roots

megimoo
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
No more saying this stuff! Nix-say on these word-say! :D Say What! (http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php)
They all piss me off anyway!

■Shovel-ready
■Transparent/Transparency
■Czar
■Tweet
■App
■Sexting
■Friend as a verb
■Teachable moment
■In these economic times ...
■Stimulus
■Toxic assets
■Too big to fail
■Bromance
■Chillaxin'
■Obama-prefix or roots
Can we add our own ?

patriot45
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Can we add our own ?

Go ahead and tweet it out ther! As long as it is shovel ready and transparent because what you would add would be a teachable moment that would stimulate us in these economic times and would be two big too fail!:D

Space Gravy
01-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I'd add "Rock Star" to the list and and sticking "gate" on the end of every scandal.

PoliCon
01-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I refuse to comply with the last one. Barry should continue to get his name affixed to every disaster he creates and/or inspires.

BTW - you should have saved this for a day thread . . . . :p

Sonnabend
01-06-2010, 07:48 AM
* Christmas: use that word in front of me and you better run.....:mad:

(Rock : I like pork chops so behave or else....:D)

Gingersnap
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
I'd add "Rock Star" to the list and and sticking "gate" on the end of every scandal.

I agree with this sentiment. 'Watergate' was the name of a building. The building didn't have jack to do with Nixon's various issues.

This is like tacking 'World Trade Center' on the end of every terrorist action. :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Reform.... if it is used in the same sentence as health-care.

noonwitch
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I agree with this sentiment. 'Watergate' was the name of a building. The building didn't have jack to do with Nixon's various issues.

This is like tacking 'World Trade Center' on the end of every terrorist action. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was passe after "Iran-contra gate", even though the media kept it up all the way through "Monica gate" and whatever scandal they are adding it to now. The Monica situation gave them so many opportunities to creatively use words, too. They really blew it (see, even I can do it!).

NJCardFan
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
7 of the phrases mentioned tie directly into Obama. No wonder they want them banned. And I thought terrorist and terrorism was banned too?:D

RobJohnson
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Go ahead and tweet it out ther! As long as it is shovel ready and transparent because what you would add would be a teachable moment that would stimulate us in these economic times and would be two big too fail!:D

That's awesome dude. Cowabunga. :D

JB
01-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Jon.
Kate.
Eight.

Space Gravy
01-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Jon.
Kate.
Eight.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!