PDA

View Full Version : Off to the doctor.....

MountainMan
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
to see if I need surgery on my knee. In the meantime, I want to hear about your own medical and injury horror stories.... :D I know the topic of the day is exactly the opposite but come on folks, we all have our horror stories....

Make me feel better about my knee. :p

Gingersnap
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I fell off a Ferris wheel once.

Once. :mad:

BadCat
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
to see if I need surgery on my knee. In the meantime, I want to hear about your own medical and injury horror stories.... :D I know the topic of the day is exactly the opposite but come on folks, we all have our horror stories....

I heard that after they amputate your leg, your foot will still itch.

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I heard that after they amputate your leg, your foot will still itch.

It would be hard to stand and pee too!

BadCat
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
It would be hard to stand and pee too!

Might enhance sex in vertical positions though.

The chicks might dig all the weird moves he'll have to do to keep his balance.

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Might enhance sex in vertical positions though.

The chicks might dig all the weird moves he'll have to do to keep his balance.

mau10pogo!

PoliCon
01-07-2010, 02:24 PM

I had to get stitches in my tongue . . . twice . . .

MountainMan
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
No surgery but unfortunately I do get another two weeks off from work with physical therapy.....This is not how I expected to start the new year off. :mad:

However, please Ginger, tell us about the Ferris wheel? :)

Big Guy
01-07-2010, 08:48 PM
We hired a 500 lb woman to give our boss a lap dance in the hospital when he had his knee surgery. :D

MountainMan
01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
We hired a 500 lb woman to give our boss a lap dance in the hospital when he had his knee surgery. :D

That is a visual I didn't need. :(

Big Guy
01-07-2010, 08:51 PM
That is a visual I didn't need. :(

Here for ya! :D

lacarnut
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
At 11 years old my dad got his foot run over by a trolley car in New Orleans. The butchers at the Charity Hospital cut his leg off below the knee.

My ex fell off a swing and broke her arm as a child. Another butcher performed seven operations on it before her dad took her to the Tulane Medical Center in N.O. The doctor there saved her from having it cut off but the lower part of her arm and hand was deformed.

I have several more but I will leave it at that.

MountainMan
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
At 11 years old my dad got his foot run over by a trolley car in New Orleans. The butchers at the Charity Hospital cut his leg off below the knee.

My ex fell off a swing and broke her arm as a child. Another butcher performed seven operations on it before her dad took her to the Tulane Medical Center in N.O. The doctor there saved her from having it cut off but the lower part of her arm and hand was deformed.

I have several more but I will leave it at that.

Thank you. Those are much better visuals than a 500lb lap dance...

lacarnut
01-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Thank you. Those are much better visuals than a 500lb lap dance...

Yep, that would be blinding for sure and upchuck your lunch to boot.

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I just hope everything is clean at the clinic and you don't get one of those flesh eating bacteria!:eek:

FlaGator
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Bit bite on the face by a brown recluse and it took the Drs a week to figure it out. While that was going on they were treating me for every skin disease known to man.

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 09:25 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/capital_bow_saws_c_1660_c_1760_c_18.jpg?t=12629175 34

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/353.jpg?t=1262919455

PoliCon
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Yep, that would be blinding for sure and upchuck your lunch to boot.

admit it - you'd love to see her dance for you!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jj--y7nzkjo/SCot6T_0OBI/AAAAAAAADew/2CNIGvnex58/s400/fatass.jpg

Rockntractor
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jj--y7nzkjo/SCot6T_0OBI/AAAAAAAADew/2CNIGvnex58/s400/fatass.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVOLY2SPDE&feature=youtube_gdata

PoliCon
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVOLY2SPDE&feature=youtube_gdata

Is that why shan- . . . . NNNNNEVVERRR mind.:D

Big Guy
01-07-2010, 10:18 PM
:D:eek:

Gingersnap
01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
However, please Ginger, tell us about the Ferris wheel? :)

I've told this story before at least once so feel free to skip it.

Back in the day, Colorado had something called "Colorado Day". It was a holiday for State workers (now replaced by MLK Day or something). One of my relatives worked for the State of Colorado and thus had about a million free tickets for Colorado Day at the Elitch Amusement Park (now 3 Flags Over The Platte River or something).

Myself, my folks, my brothers, and about 25 extra friends and relatives always took advantage of this situation. We brought a boatload of food and staked out a table in one of the pavilions when the park opened for the day. My then BFF and I decided to do the Ferris Wheel first. Everything was fine until it was time to get off. The guy running it didn't do it right and some people were dumped at 5 feet or so. They were pissed but okay. The safety bar hadn't been engaged correctly. The people below us fell out slightly but my BFF and I fell about 12 feet or so.

She landed on me but I landed on the platform on my knee. Ambulances eventually ensued. My knee was torn up and I had "detached" important structures along with splitting open a pretty remarkable amount of skin.

My folks were "justice" people. Elitch's paid for every single dime of my treatment. I had to have surgery at the moment but I was so scared that they did it with a primitive sedation/block technique. I needed cosmetic surgery for scar revision and Elitch's paid a guy to fly out from Chicago to do it in Denver - twice.

We got free passes for 10 years or something.

Justice was served. The ride operator was high and he was fired and went to jail for some kind of drug assault thing - I was a kid, I don't know the details. My knee was fixed completely - you can't see the scars unless I point them out today. My family had years of free amusement park passes.

While it's true that I have a freaking hard time getting up on step ladder now, I can't say that my life has been critically affected in a normal way. If God wanted me to roof the house personally, He would have made me Butch. :)

MountainMan
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I've told this story before at least once so feel free to skip it.

Back in the day, Colorado had something called "Colorado Day". It was a holiday for State workers (now replaced by MLK Day or something). One of my relatives worked for the State of Colorado and thus had about a million free tickets for Colorado Day at the Elitch Amusement Park (now 3 Flags Over The Platte River or something).

Myself, my folks, my brothers, and about 25 extra friends and relatives always took advantage of this situation. We brought a boatload of food and staked out a table in one of the pavilions when the park opened for the day. My then BFF and I decided to do the Ferris Wheel first. Everything was fine until it was time to get off. The guy running it didn't do it right and some people were dumped at 5 feet or so. They were pissed but okay. The safety bar hadn't been engaged correctly. The people below us fell out slightly but my BFF and I fell about 12 feet or so.

She landed on me but I landed on the platform on my knee. Ambulances eventually ensued. My knee was torn up and I had "detached" important structures along with splitting open a pretty remarkable amount of skin.

My folks were "justice" people. Elitch's paid for every single dime of my treatment. I had to have surgery at the moment but I was so scared that they did it with a primitive sedation/block technique. I needed cosmetic surgery for scar revision and Elitch's paid a guy to fly out from Chicago to do it in Denver - twice.

We got free passes for 10 years or something.

Justice was served. The ride operator was high and he was fired and went to jail for some kind of drug assault thing - I was a kid, I don't know the details. My knee was fixed completely - you can't see the scars unless I point them out today. My family had years of free amusement park passes.

While it's true that I have a freaking hard time getting up on step ladder now, I can't say that my life has been critically affected in a normal way. If God wanted me to roof the house personally, He would have made me Butch. :):eek:

Damn............

Rockntractor
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Well, how the hell did the doctor visit go?

Big Guy
01-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Yea, how did it go? Did ya get your lap dance? :D