PDA

View Full Version : Petition to recall LA Senator Mary Landrieu

megimoo
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Volunteers are needed at MoveOnMary.org

The blog And So It Goes in Shreveport notes that a petition to recall Senator Mary Landrieu has been accepted for filing by the Louisiana Secretary of State. Citizens have 180 days to file enough signatures to get this on a ballot:
snip

"On Dec. 29, a recall petition was filed by Ruben Leblanc of New Iberia, for the recall of Mary Landrieu. Sec. of State Jay Darden stated that he WILL accept the filing."

Kinda like chicken fried bacon, this limited time offer won't last. Citizens have 180 days starting Dec. 29 so get with it today if you would like to see Me-ry "Louisiana Purchase" Landrieu hit the bricks before her service is up.

Go here for details and here to see the case for a recall.

If the story reported by The Dead Pelican this weekend holds true, that she used her vote for Obamacare to bargain for national democratic support for her brother's mayoral campaign, I'd say more than a recall is in order. We're keeping our eyes on that story and will update accordingly.

The blog Caught Him with a Corndog first broke the story and has a follow up to it :

Per citizen filer Ruben T. LeBlanc, there will be an open meeting at the Freedom Forum on Thursday January 7th in Lafayette to discuss the recall of Mary "Gimme dem dollars" Landrieu.

Some background on Ruben LeBlanc: He is a 51 year old construction and oil field worker with no political background who has decided "enough is enough". As of 14:21 December 29, 2009 Ruben LeBlanc filed a petition with the Secretary of the State of Lousiana, Jay Dardenne, to formally recall U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu.

The citizens of Louisiana are granted the authority to perform a recall election by Section 26 of Article 10 of the Louisiana Constitution.

"10. If the recall passes, the public officer is recalled and removed from office and the office is declared vacant when the election returns are certified to the Secretary of State. The vacancy is then filled as usual. The recalled official cannot be appointed to fill the vacancy."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/01/petition_to_recall_la_senator.html

lacarnut
01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I have never campaigned or wasted my money or time on any political candidate. This may be a first for me; calling tomorrow to become a volunteer. Will do me good to walk off a few pounds. I know a bunch of people that will be glad to get rid of her. My only concern if she is removed from office is that the RINO Repub that ran against her will wind up taking her seat. Sect. Kennedy (state treasurer) is a turncoat Democrat that was the head knocker at the Dept of Revenue; I became acquainted with him as an employee there. He is nothing but a suck ass politician.

PoliCon
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
How many signatures do they need to get it on the ballot?

Last Samurai
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
I have never campaigned or wasted my money or time on any political candidate. This may be a first for me; calling tomorrow to become a volunteer. Will do me good to walk off a few pounds. I know a bunch of people that will be glad to get rid of her. My only concern if she is removed from office is that the RINO Repub that ran against her will wind up taking her seat. Sect. Kennedy (state treasurer) is a turncoat Democrat that was the head knocker at the Dept of Revenue; I became acquainted with him as an employee there. He is nothing but a suck ass politician.

Unfortunately, they are ALL suck ass politicians. The objective here is to get the Dem deadlock in the Legislature broken. Before they "break" the Nation.

Since we seem unable to get persons of quality and ethical behavior to go into politics these days, perhaps we need to focus on smaller victories before we can turn the tide of the war.

LS

lacarnut
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
How many signatures do they need to get it on the ballot?

Looks like a waste of time because the Sect. of State has written a letter with a determination made by the Attorney General of the state of LA that even if the number of registered voters to recall her is met, he will not go forward with it. The Attorney General opinion is that only the Congress has the right to remove one of their own. That really stinks to high heaven. No Congress critter has ever been recalled by the voters.

PoliCon
01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Looks like a waste of time because the Sect. of State has written a letter with a determination made by the Attorney General of the state of LA that even if the number of registered voters to recall her is met, he will not go forward with it. The Attorney General opinion is that only the Congress has the right to remove one of their own. That really stinks to high heaven. No Congress critter has ever been recalled by the voters.

well it's about damn time to start. :mad: congressional elections and their recalls would be controlled by the state constitutions. Time to get them changed.

AmPat
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
well it's about damn time to start. :mad: congressional elections and their recalls would be controlled by the state constitutions. Time to get them changed.

They need to bridge the LA purchase into accepting a bribe. If that can stick, they can procede with Art of Impeachment. A conviction for it in chambers is doubtful.

PoliCon
01-11-2010, 03:48 PM
They need to bridge the LA purchase into accepting a bribe. If that can stick, they can procede with Art of Impeachment. A conviction for it in chambers is doubtful.

I'm going to be checking into what the rules are in this state and see what can be done to effect a recall in similar circumstances.