PDA

View Full Version : Soros:"Time to Junk the Electoral College, Don't Need an Amendment ."

megimoo
01-10-2010, 08:29 AM
It's Time to Junk the Electoral College We don't need an amendment to do it. (Soros' son) Jonothan Soros

In his victory speech, Obama said he would be a president for all Americans. But as a candidate he didn't campaign with equal vigor for every vote. Instead, he and John McCain devoted more than 98% of their television ad spending and campaign events to just 15 states which together make up about a third of the U.S. population.

Today, as the Electoral College votes are cast and counted state-by-state, we will be reminded why. It is the peculiar mechanics of that institution, designed for a different age, that leave us divided into red states,...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122930124441705413.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

Last Samurai
01-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I hope this writer is NOT related to "One Worlder" George Soros, but, from the tone of the "anti-Constitution" rhetoric (which is EXACTLY what it is), it don't suspect a mere coincidence here.

The Electorial College is the last bastion of State's Rights existant, since the Senate went from State Election to popular election. In this particular instance, the last bastion of small States.

There is a concept, known as tyranny of the majority, that floats around in supposedly "democratic" Nations and discussions thereof. That concept addresses the "problem" of what happens when the majority starts dictating policy, social mores and legislative efforts WITHOUT regard for the "Loyal Opposition". This in a Nation with the ideal of "equality" for ALL, not just the supporters of the winning Party.

I submit that this is exactly what we are seeing at the moment with the Dem control of the Congress, a virtually unstoppable "control" at that, and a President with the basic idea that the Constitution, at the very least, needs serious "adjustment". (Oath to defend and support the Constitution be damned, I guess.)

Elections have consequences, I am told. The most recent the most serious.

LS

PoliCon
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM
we NEED the Electoral college. Things would be far far worse without it.

AlmostThere
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
I hope this writer is NOT related to "One Worlder" George Soros, but, from the tone of the "anti-Constitution" rhetoric (which is EXACTLY what it is), it don't suspect a mere coincidence here.

The Electorial College is the last bastion of State's Rights existant, since the Senate went from State Election to popular election. In this particular instance, the last bastion of small States.

There is a concept, known as tyranny of the majority, that floats around in supposedly "democratic" Nations and discussions thereof. That concept addresses the "problem" of what happens when the majority starts dictating policy, social mores and legislative efforts WITHOUT regard for the "Loyal Opposition". This in a Nation with the ideal of "equality" for ALL, not just the supporters of the winning Party.

I submit that this is exactly what we are seeing at the moment with the Dem control of the Congress, a virtually unstoppable "control" at that, and a President with the basic idea that the Constitution, at the very least, needs serious "adjustment". (Oath to defend and support the Constitution be damned, I guess.)

Elections have consequences, I am told. The most recent the most serious.

LS
Quite related.
http://www.muckety.com/007D625223BC4E9146CA0635B285EA80.map

coach
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
With the blatant vote buying that is already whats left of our elections, the last thing we need is MORE reason to encourage that odious practice.