PDA

View Full Version : "Old Rahmbo Is About As Popular as a Social Disease at Indiana University"

megimoo
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Chief of Staff's visit draws Protestors

Video Gallery
Emanuel visit
1:51
Protestors stood outside two fundraisers attended by Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

Bloomington - White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel made a visit to Indiana Saturday night. While Emanuel was in town to attend fundraisers for Congressman Baron Hill, others were there to have their say.

Rep. Hill and Emanuel started Saturday night at an invitation-only fundraiser at the home of a Bloomington doctor. Their next stop was a general reception at the Indiana University Memorial Union. The congressman's staff checked the names of attendees as they entered the room, but neither Rep. Hill nor Emanuel spoke outside the room.

Those waiting outside in the cold, however, had plenty to say.

"We are tired of Democrats acting like Republicans," said one protestor.

"To protest what is going on in the government. They are overrunning us, they are taking away our freedoms," said another.

"Our president is spending too much money, such as Afghanistan, nationalized health care and that is why most of these people are out here," said protestor Herb Snyder.

Some of the protestors came by chartered bus from Indianapolis. Others came by foot from campus, but they all came to be heard.

"All I see is this government turning their backs to us, calling us radicals, just because we want to speak our freedoms and speak what we think is right," said protestor Harold Grimes.

Phillip Swaim says he is a registered Democrat and a political activist who is disillusioned by the current state of his party.

"First of all, he has turned into this radical guy that has taken over the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party actually used to stand for the party of the people, used to stand for the rights of the people, used to be, actually, pretty conservative. Now, we have this radical left that has taken it over. Baron Hill kind of camouflages himself as that blue dog," Swaim said.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=11797093

Rockntractor
01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
What I read from this is a lot of Democrats are much further left than their party and I think a lot of Republicans are further right than their party. The rift in this country may be wider than any of us realize!

megimoo
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
What I read from this is a lot of Democrats are much further left than their party and I think a lot of Republicans are further right than their party. The rift in this country may be wider than any of us realize!
As I read it some of the Liberal Democrats are complaining that the party has shifted too far left .The actual 'hard core' far left of the Democrat party is quite small.

Most lurk as quasi liberal fiscal conservatives who have been 'brainwashed' into hating Republicans even when their values are closer to the conservative side than the radical lefts.

They see the Obama White House as radicalizing the Democrat party and some of them don't like it.The 'party' system is much weaker now than in the past. Old time Democrats and true Conservatives hate each side equally but are without a viable choice .

Apache
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM

No, I don't think so Rock. I think it's more a matter of 8 years of left-leaning and outright Leftists cramming "evil Bush" and "evil Repubilcans" into these young skulls of mush though their fifth grade to high school years they don't know what to think.

Case in point...
"We are tired of Democrats acting like Republicans," said one protestor.

when we all know it's the othwer way around.

THis also proves my point...
Phillip Swaim says he is a registered Democrat and a political activist who is disillusioned by the current state of his party.

"First of all, he has turned into this radical guy that has taken over the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party actually used to stand for the party of the people, used to stand for the rights of the people, used to be, actually, pretty conservative. Now, we have this radical left that has taken it over. Baron Hill kind of camouflages himself as that blue dog," Swaim said.
You know as well as I do that hasn't been the case for decades. These people however have been spoon-fed this line by their teachers.

Anyway that's my take on this...:D