PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Racist? Of course we forgive you.

AmPat
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
By WAhttp://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704081704574652651879809462.html?m od=rss_Today's_Most_PopularRD CONNERLY
As if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid didn't have enough on his plate—trying to find sufficient cash to buy the 60 votes necessary for his health-care reform package—he's now found himself at the center of a race controversy.

In their new book, "Game Change," journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann expose remarks Mr. Reid made in an interview about Barack Obama during the presidential campaign. Mr. Reid is quoted as saying that he believed the nation was ready to elect a "light-skinned" black man "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Confronted with this quote, Mr. Reid apologized on Saturday: "I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans, for my improper comments."

What followed this public apology was all too predictable. Mr. Reid personally called President Obama and a handful of presumed leaders of the so-called African-American community—Julian Bond, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson among them—to beg forgiveness for his racial sin.

To no one's surprise, all of those to whom apologies were extended responded by accepting Mr. Reid's apology and saying that the nation had more important issues to deal with, such as health care and national security
Read More at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704081704574652651879809462.html?m od=rss_Today's_Most_Popular

It's not that I believe Dingy Harry was racist, it is more the hypocrisy of the Negroes who so quickly forgive a liberal but vociferously attack ANY Conservative for real or imagined slights. The Black Cau Kaa, er, caucus has forfeited their right to any future hypocritical attacks against Conservatives.

noonwitch
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Harry's big mistake was in using the term negro, which is not used much in this day and age. The proper anthropological term is "negroid", and only fits in a certain context. But I think what Harry really meant to say is that Obama doesn't speak "ghetto". That's the term that a lot of middle-class black people use to describe the black youth who use the n word and other slang words in their talk.

I always felt badly for Jimmy the Greek, who was torn apart by white liberals for making a statement about black people having a physical edge in athletic competition, due to the way slave owners bred their slaves for their physical prowess. I did not hear a single black person object to what he said, and many who agreed with him.

AmPat
01-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Harry's big mistake was in using the term negro, which is not used much in this day and age. The proper anthropological term is "negroid", and only fits in a certain context. But I think what Harry really meant to say is that Obama doesn't speak "ghetto". That's the term that a lot of middle-class black people use to describe the black youth who use the n word and other slang words in their talk.

I always felt badly for Jimmy the Greek, who was torn apart by white liberals for making a statement about black people having a physical edge in athletic competition, due to the way slave owners bred their slaves for their physical prowess. I did not hear a single black person object to what he said, and many who agreed with him.

I don't believe it is "Ghetto." I can usually tell if somebody is a negro by the way he talks. There are many people from the ghetto who don't sound like that.

Rockntractor
01-12-2010, 07:56 PM

You make some good points Noonie!