PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: 5.7 magnitude earthquake hits Venezuela Near Coast East of

megimoo
01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
BREAKING NEWS: 5.7 magnitude earthquake hits Venezuela Near Coast East of

MSNBC Headline ^ | January 15, 2010 | Just a headline for now
Waiting for more info

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/285_20.php

SarasotaRepub
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
The VRWC's EarthQuake Machine strikes again!! :eek:;)

megimoo
01-15-2010, 08:55 PM
The VRWC's EarthQuake Machine strikes again!! :eek:;)Just a widdle one !

swirling_vortex
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Oh boy, I'm sure the HAARP conspiracies will be at an all time high.

stsinner
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
God is really getting pissed about illegal immigration!!!

jendf
01-15-2010, 11:26 PM
They totally had it coming!

/Pat Robertson'ed

lacarnut
01-16-2010, 01:42 AM

/Pat Robertson'ed

You never know; God works in mysterious ways. 3 disasters occurring in hell holes.

!. Sri Lanka- prevalent homosexual activity allowed by the government. A haven for pedophiles from the US & Europe.
2. Katrina--9th ward which was destroyed and was infested with crime. Number 1 in murders per 100,00. Light damage done to the good parts of New Orleans and Metairie.
3. Haiti--another hell hole where their next door neighbour The Dominican Republic prospers. Same island but different governmental policies. They are equal in natural resources.
Hugo may be next.

Pat may be on to something. Plus, he NEVER said they had it coming.

Rockntractor
01-16-2010, 01:58 AM

/Pat Robertson'ed

There may have been many people in Haiti praying and crying to God for help. I'm sure there were when you hear the conditions these people lived in. When you rebuild something you knock the old down first and then you rebuild. Who can guess the mind of God? He can heal the pain of those that suffer now and save the souls of those who died. Now we can pray that the new life the country will be given in the next few years will be successful and last.

SarasotaRepub
01-16-2010, 10:54 AM
The bottomline with Haiti is things will most likely never change there. They will probably be safe from another quake like this past one for a century but in a
100 years it wouldn't surprise me if they're in the same state they were in pre-quake.

It's a hellhole. They do exist and all the good intentions in the world won't help.

djones520
01-16-2010, 10:56 AM
You never know; God works in mysterious ways. 3 disasters occurring in hell holes.

!. Sir Lanka- prevalent homosexual activity allowed by the government. A haven for pedophiles from the US & Europe.
2. Katrina--9th ward which was destroyed and was infested with crime. Number 1 in murders per 100,00. Light damage done to the good parts of New Orleans and Metairie.
3. Haiti--another hell hole where their next door neighbour The Dominican Republic prospers. Same island but different governmental policies. They are equal in natural resources.
Hugo may be next.

Pat may be on to something. Plus, he NEVER said they had it coming.

Ummm... So Indonesia which suffered the brunt of the Tsunami suffered for Sri Lanka's "sins"? And what about the rest of the Gulf Coast that was devestated by Katrina? Mississippi was hit harder then New Orleans.

I try to be very tolerant of others religious views, but stuff like this really can make you look like a kook.

megimoo
01-16-2010, 11:14 AM
The bottomline with Haiti is things will most likely never change there. They will probably be safe from another quake like this past one for a century but in a
100 years it wouldn't surprise me if they're in the same state they were in pre-quake.

It's a hellhole. They do exist and all the good intentions in the world won't help.It was 'set up' that way by the French and Spanish Slave traders.They dumped those they couldn't sell there.
The first slaves to arrive as part of a labor force appeared in 1502 on the island of Hispaniola (now Haiti and the Dominican Republic). Cuba received its first four slaves in 1513. Slave exports to Honduras and Guatemala started in 1526. The first enslaved Africans to reach what would become the US arrived in January of 1526 as part of a Spanish attempt at colonizing South Carolina near Jamestown. By November the 300 Spanish colonists were reduced to a mere 100 accompanied by 70 of their original 100 slaves. The enslaved people revolted and joined a nearby native population while the Spanish abandoned the colony altogether.
HIV Origins: Virus Arrived in United States from Haiti in 1969

A new study, published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, sheds new light on old issue: how did the HIV started in the United States? It came from Haiti, researchers say.

Michael Worobey, an assistant professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at The University of Arizona in Tucson, and colleagues investigated how the HIV got to the US. Their study titled ""The emergence of HIV/AIDS in the Americas and beyond," shows that the virus HIV that caused the
HIV Origins: Virus Arrived in United States from Haiti in 1969

epidemic of AIDS in The United States came (with a high degree of probability) from Haiti in or around 1969, a lot earlier of what was thought until today.

Previous thought on HIV spreading the US was that the epidemic of AIDS started in California in earlier 1980s. The new discovery by Worobey changes completely what has been known as the "Patient Zero" theory.

Previous research on AIDS done by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggested that AIDS in the US spread in from one man in California who was dubbed as Patient O (Oh), for "Out of California."

Worobey and colleagues took archived blood samples of 5 early HIV patients to reveal the date of HIV arrival to the United States. All these 5 early HIV patients came from Haiti and had recently migrated to the United States. In addition of these 5 early HIV Haitian patients around 100 more blood samples obtained worldwide from earlier HIV patients were also analyzed. All these early sample contained a strain of HIV known as subtype B.

Researchers used a technique used in evolutionary biology that utilizes complex statistical formulae to construct a tree. It is some how like building your ancestry tree but on a bigger scale

lacarnut
01-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Ummm... So Indonesia which suffered the brunt of the Tsunami suffered for Sri Lanka's "sins"? And what about the rest of the Gulf Coast that was devestated by Katrina? Mississippi was hit harder then New Orleans.

I try to be very tolerant of others religious views, but stuff like this really can make you look like a kook.

What facts do you dispute in #1,2 or 3. I guess you are too stupid to comprehend those statements. Those that are anti-religious are the real kooks.

djones520
01-16-2010, 12:26 PM
What facts do you dispute in #1,2 or 3. I guess you are too stupid to comprehend those statements. Those that are anti-religious are the real kooks.

So 130,000 Indonesians died, to punish Sri Lanka? Hurricane Katrina's strongest portion hit Mississippi, to destroy New Orleans? I just want to make sure we are clear on this. I don't deny that those places are shit holes. I do dispute your assertation that they where "targetted" in any way shape or form, when they missed the worst of those disasters. Or maybe you are "too stupid" to catch what I'm driving at?

lacarnut
01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
So 130,000 Indonesians died, to punish Sri Lanka? Hurricane Katrina's strongest portion hit Mississippi, to destroy New Orleans? I just want to make sure we are clear on this. I don't deny that those places are shit holes. I do dispute your assertation that they where "targetted" in any way shape or form, when they missed the worst of those disasters. Or maybe you are "too stupid" to catch what I'm driving at?

I did not assert anything. I stated facts. Or maybe you are "too stupid" to read into things that I did not say. My tongue and cheek comments got your bowels in an uproar. Eh.